Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 154
Thanks Tree90Thanks

Thread: Fusion GPS must comply with subpoena

  1. #131
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    65,990
    Thanks
    46763

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    Why does everyone think I am suggesting a monolithic conspiracy? Read the links in the above post. The idea of media advocacy groups pushing their views of the world on the public by posing as news does not require a monolithic conspiracy. There are many news propaganda operations. The Russians used astroturfing operations in the last election. From Media Matters to Brietbart, there are groups that blend news and opinion in ways that give news a bad name and lower the bar on what news is supposed to look like.
    You're suggesting most of the MSM is a bunch of media advocacy groups pushing their views of the world. Stop being mealy-mouthed about it.

    Media Matters does not pretend to be a straight news organization as Breitbart does. Media Matters does exactly what they say. "Media Matters for America is a web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media." Breitbart pretends they're offering nothing but straight news. It's disingenuous, at best. It's like when Fox News pretended to be straight news with the slogan "Fair and Balanced" when in reality the channel was specifically created to be a voice of conservatives.

  2. #132
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    31,112
    Thanks
    7988

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    You're suggesting most of the MSM is a bunch of media advocacy groups pushing their views of the world. Stop being mealy-mouthed about it.

    Media Matters does not pretend to be a straight news organization as Breitbart does. Media Matters does exactly what they say. "Media Matters for America is a web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media." Breitbart pretends they're offering nothing but straight news. It's disingenuous, at best. It's like when Fox News pretended to be straight news with the slogan "Fair and Balanced" when in reality the channel was specifically created to be a voice of conservatives.
    Media Matters reports fake news, while burying real news. (it is more like Drudge it is a media outlet that is a clearing house for liberal media outlets.)

  3. #133
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    65,990
    Thanks
    46763

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Media Matters reports fake news, while burying real news. (it is more like Drudge it is a media outlet that is a clearing house for liberal media outlets.)
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. It's not a news outlet and it's not a news aggregator. It exists as a not-for-profit organization to be a watchdog of conservative media. Although, it has from time to time criticized mainstream news outlets.

  4. #134
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    31,112
    Thanks
    7988

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. It's not a news outlet and it's not a news aggregator. It exists as a not-for-profit organization to be a watchdog of conservative media. Although, it has from time to time criticized mainstream news outlets.
    It is a clearing house it has few opinion pieces and it prints/post news articles/videos. Which is how Drudge's site works.


    https://www.mediamatters.org/ it just vomits out Fake news stories that CNN, MSNBC, NY Times prints. Then posts opinion pieces.
    Last edited by TNVolunteer73; 8th January 2018 at 05:52 AM.

  5. #135
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    65,990
    Thanks
    46763

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    It is a clearing house it has few opinion pieces and it prints/post news articles/videos. Which is how Drudge's site works.


    https://www.mediamatters.org/ it just vomits out Fake news stories that CNN, MSNBC, NY Times prints. Then posts opinion pieces.
    No, it doesn't. It analyzes conservative news and points out the bullshit occasionally criticizing mainstream and liberal sources. You've obviously never read the site.

  6. #136
    Six
    Six is offline
    Established Member Six's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,080
    Thanks
    487

    From
    Houston, Tx
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    As usual, the right wing purposely misinterprets shit. Yes, Steele states that what he offered with the dossier is raw data. He wanted that raw data, which is what intelligence operatives offer, to be vetted and investigated. He did believe however, that he had the overall story right while some details might not have been perfectly accurate. He knows that Trump and many of the people surrounding him are dirty. He wanted his info investigated by the proper authorities.

    I don't know what your overall conspiracy theory is and who all you think it involves, but you are on the wrong track. Fusion GPS would work for anyone. They're about making money. Obviously, since they worked for both right wing groups and left wing groups. Christopher Steele was offered a particular job and took it and found some serious dirt and handed it off to the proper authorities rather than just treat it as the usual political dirt. This idea that you seem to have that Fusion GPS, Steele, the FBI and the DNC and the Hillary campaign all worked together to make Trump look bad is absolute horseshit. It's a fantasy. You're confused.
    No, its not Horse shit at all.

    Steele delivered the first part of the dossier to the FBI in June of 2016 and according to multiple news outlets, the FBI was " shocked and horrified " over its allegations.

    Didnt you claim there was a year long and substantial counter intelligence operation already in existence that included foreign surveillance before the dossier was delivered to the FBI ?

    Doesn't sound like the FBI had any prior knowledge at all of Trump / Russian collusion. That kind of debunks the bull shit narrative that there was prior surveillance, doesn't it ?

    And there's this NYTs article....
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/06/0...QECAEYAQ%3D%3D

    James Comey tesrified under oath that the claims Trump and his team were being monitired for up to a year prior were " in the main....not true ".That really debunks the BS narrative that there was prior surveillance.

    The dossier started the investigation, and it was used to obtain a FISA warrants. In fact the entire Russian collusion narrative was built around the unverified allegations contained within.

    And there is FAR MORE evidence to support the claims that Obama and Hillary, the DNC, Fusion GPS and some media outlets colluded to undermine the election than there is to support Russian collusion

    Bruce Ohr was assistant deputy AG under Obama, and now we know he met with Christopher Steele and Glenn Simpson in October of 2016

    We also know Fusion GPS hired Bruce Ohrs wife to conduct anti-Trump opposition research. His meetings with Steele and Simpson show that the Obama DOJ at its most senior levels was working with the Hillary Campaign to dig up dirt on Trump

    Bruce Ohr was removed from his senior position at the DOJ for a good reason.

    James Baker, the FBIs top attorney was fired by Wray for a good reason

    Peter Sztrok was demoted to Human rescources for a good reason.

    Andrew McCabe is retiring for a good reason.
    Ignoring this isn't going to make it go away

  7. #137
    Six
    Six is offline
    Established Member Six's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,080
    Thanks
    487

    From
    Houston, Tx
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Make NO MISTAKE about it -- if the Free Beacon had funded where this investigation had led, they would have been more than happy to print it/report Trump.
    The dossier was unverified opposition research, even its author was forced to admit it

    The fact that it was used to obtain FISA warrants to surveill the Political opposition represents a scale of Govt corruption never seen before in the US

    Its hard to believe any administration would do something this illegal, but then again this was Obama's administration.

    In 2012, the Obama DOJ accused a American Journalist of being a criminal co-conspirator under the 1922 Espionage act so they could hack into his phone records and emails.

    The Obama DOJ also monitored the pohne records of 20 AP reporters.

    When a local reporter exposed a meeting on a airport tarmac between Lorretta Lynch and Bill Clinton, the Obama FBI responded by aggressively trying to track down the reporter.

    Weeks before Hillary Clinton and her aides were interviewed by the FBI, James Comey issued a draft memo that exonerated her.
    This memo was further edited to remove any legally relevent and damaging language

    The DOJ just settled with American Conservatives who were targeted and intimidated by Obama's IRS

    The Obama adminstration also spied on German media and the German Govt. Theyre supposed to be our allies.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ion/index.html


    In 2016, Obama's NSA was forces to acknowledge to FISC of their wide spread illegal unmaskings and surveillance of American citizens over the previous 5 years.

    The FISC court responded by saying these were some of the worst 4rth ammendment violations on record

    Just 2 weeks before the election, the Obama NSA admitted that they had substantially under reported these violations

    One things for sure, as more evidence emerges, the Obama adminsitation will go down as the most corrupt and lawless administration in American history

    I find the Lefts obsession with a manufactured narrative over Russian collusion quite odd given the mountain of evidence that already exist against Obama and his cronies.

  8. #138
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    37,908
    Thanks
    39831

    From
    Nashville, TN
    This is all a nothing burger ginned up by Trump toadies and is going no where. Expect more indictments from Mueller and more Trumpanzees going down....

  9. #139
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    23,337
    Thanks
    19801

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    Hillary Clinton $ > Fusion GPS $ > Christopher Steele (Fake Dossier) $ > Russians

    The collusion and money trail is there. No wonder Fusion GPS fought so hard to keep their financial records sealed.

    If the FISA court is shown to have used that dossier to justify the unmaskings, Obama's team is in for a deserved world of shit.
    Judge is being requested to recuse himself; he was part of the trump transition team.

  10. #140
    Going Nuclear- Daily Yetisports6 - Big Wave Champion, Bezerk Champion, All Ball Champion, Magic Gem Champion, Crystal Clear Champion, Flower Power Champion, Space Thieves TD Champion, X-treme Moto Idiot Cross Champion, Micro Tanks Champion, Race Horse Tycoon Champion, Railway Line Champion, Raju Meter 2 Champion, Metal Slug - Kill the Nazis Champion, Decoder Champion, 1 in 24 Speed v32  Champion Crusher's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    20,450
    Thanks
    6827

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by PACE View Post
    Judge is being requested to recuse himself; he was part of the trump transition team.
    That doesn't change anything, but sounds like the right move.

    ALL of Fusion GPS financial records should be shared over. If they are doing to get involved in elections like they did, it should be public record.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16th October 2017, 01:55 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13th August 2014, 12:56 PM
  3. The usual suspects refuse to comply with federal law
    By BoiseBo in forum Current Events
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 24th May 2014, 03:53 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st November 2011, 10:54 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th January 2008, 01:09 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed