Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 201 to 207 of 207
Thanks Tree74Thanks

Thread: Walmart uses tax cuts to raise minimum wage

  1. #201
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    51,618
    Thanks
    39664

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Ah yes, more trolling by a moderator. Great example that you provide to others.

    I am sorry that you do not see that Walmart's entry level wages are not meant to feed a family, even though their starting wage is well over the minimum. That escapes you. Do you have this same attitude toward every other employer? You know the mom & pop stores that cannot pay $11 an hour and stay in business. But fuck them. Who cares about them.

    Do you have a business? Do you hire employees? Do you pay them $20 per hour? Why not? Aren't you successful enough to have employees?
    Nope, you have a long history here of calling Wal Mart employees "losers" Even though apparently you shop there a lot and if it was not for them, you would have no Wal Mart to shop at.

    Heck I give them props. Dealing with people all day (some can be really aholes) standing on their feet for long periods of time, how much work the over night workers do.

    Good work ethics.

  2. #202
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11,719
    Thanks
    5930

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Psst, birth control. It's included in healthcare insurance now. In addition, if she has a HUSBAND as you posted, then wouldn't there be two incomes in the household?
    Maybe. Maybe he's in grad school trying to qualify for one of those high paying jobs.

    Birth control is not 100%. Lots of babies are surprises, even for married couples who welcome them into the family.

  3. #203
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    36,522
    Thanks
    7483

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Nope, you have a long history here of calling Wal Mart employees "losers" Even though apparently you shop there a lot and if it was not for them, you would have no Wal Mart to shop at.

    Heck I give them props. Dealing with people all day (some can be really aholes) standing on their feet for long periods of time, how much work the over night workers do.

    Good work ethics.
    I know this is difficult for you to understand, so I'll type it slowly... Not all Walmart employees are losers. Not all losers are Walmart employees. But if you have more kids than you can afford to feed, then you qualify as someone who makes bad decisions. And if you keep doing it, yes, that makes you a loser in my eyes. The fact is that Walmart pays well in excess of the minimum wage. They pay more than many other employers. But bed wetting liberals hate Walmart. They hate Walmart for one reason, it's an American success story. Liberals can't stand success. They think everyone deserves the same rewards and someone getting more, just chaps their ass.

    You may think that Walmart employees deserve a starting wage of $20 per hour or even more but Walmart, the employer offers $11 per hour as its starting wage. And there is a ready, willing workforce, taking the jobs. Since your party has control of NOTHING, there really isn't anything you can do about it besides whine on political forums.

  4. #204
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    36,522
    Thanks
    7483

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Maybe. Maybe he's in grad school trying to qualify for one of those high paying jobs.

    Birth control is not 100%. Lots of babies are surprises, even for married couples who welcome them into the family.
    Yes, birth control isn't 100% but it is pretty close. The fact is if you breed them before you can feed them, you are a loser.

  5. #205
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11,719
    Thanks
    5930

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Yes, birth control isn't 100% but it is pretty close. The fact is if you breed them before you can feed them, you are a loser.
    Actually, it's the children who are losers, but through no fault of their own.

  6. #206
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    36,522
    Thanks
    7483

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Actually, it's the children who are losers, but through no fault of their own.
    Nothing like growing up with parent(s) who make bad decisions.

  7. #207
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,080
    Thanks
    4028

    From
    AK & ID

    Walmart uses tax cuts to raise minimum wage

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Living wage is an argument that is akin to socialism.
    It's less than that. It's a mythical catch phrase and an effective tool that liberal special interest groups currently use to keep the outrage up and the support loyal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    I know this is difficult for you to understand, so I'll type it slowly... Not all Walmart employees are losers. Not all losers are Walmart employees. But if you have more kids than you can afford to feed, then you qualify as someone who makes bad decisions. And if you keep doing it, yes, that makes you a loser in my eyes.
    Having had the children that you now are struggling to provide for adequately isn't necessarily fair to assume they are losers. Why blame a person for having had three children 5-10 years ago who is struggling based on circumstances that fundamentally changed 2 years ago?

    Some people have absolutely nothing good going for them that prepares them for children and yet they have children, and these people are by and large condemning themselves and their children to relative poverty. A lot of these types of people have serious problems, whether mental health, intellectual deficits, substance addiction, or something else, or a combination. Others are irresponsible and stupid kids/young adults but take it as a reality check and get their act together and haul ass to make it into a decent standard of living. Others had all the prerequisites fairly well met and then one of the bad things they hoped wouldn't happen to them happens anyway. It's not sensible to look at a snapshot of struggling people's lives and declare them losers. It doesn't matter who's a loser and who's not, who's a partial loser and who's a complete loser. You might as well declare them all losers, or none of them losers. It really makes no difference in terms of law and economics. Walmart is just the DNC/Big Labor symbol of "the enemy" used as a divisive rallying cry to the partisan liberal voting base. Implicit in the concept is that if you don’t actively support democrats and big unions and their nebulous concept of a “living wage,” then you therefore support a dying wage and therefore you are evil and nothing you say is worth listening to.
    Last edited by Neomalthusian; 26th January 2018 at 09:45 AM.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Similar Threads

  1. IMF To US: Raise The Minimum Wage
    By Madeline in forum Economics
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 29th June 2016, 12:50 PM
  2. Should The Government Raise The Minimum Wage?
    By BigMaS in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 11th September 2015, 04:59 AM
  3. Replies: 988
    Last Post: 28th February 2015, 05:03 PM
  4. Raise minimum wage - lower your own pay.
    By PapaBull in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 24th October 2013, 08:44 PM
  5. President Obama To raise Minimum Wage to 9.50 an Hr
    By Midwest Media Critic in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 276
    Last Post: 31st January 2011, 07:03 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed