Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44
Thanks Tree51Thanks

Thread: School Board Pres. on teacher arrest: Everyone wants to side with the "little woman"'

  1. #21
    Dick with my Buzz...Try DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    36,131
    Thanks
    30869

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by LT Greenbean View Post
    Why does he represent all men?
    I don't know. Why does he represent all men?

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,849
    Thanks
    7804

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    https://www.dailynews.com/2007/10/21...in-many-cases/

    ... and you would be wrong... again.

    It's sad because we rarely have the Leftist media share these events. It's not about the children, it's about protecting scumbags, because they are teachers. They sealed up one of the teachers in our the district where I live records. The maniac molested multiple 3rd graders, boys and girls.

    Note: This is only a tiny fragment of the community of teachers, who I assume are mostly good people. I don't want this to be some generalization. It's about the unions that pull this crap.
    Let's review.

    You stated that unions protect teachers that molest kids and have their records sealed.

    I said that was totally made up.

    You produce an article that says nothing that you allege.

    And you post more made up nonsense.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  3. #23
    Going Nuclear- Daily Yetisports6 - Big Wave Champion, Bezerk Champion, All Ball Champion, Magic Gem Champion, Crystal Clear Champion, Flower Power Champion, Space Thieves TD Champion, X-treme Moto Idiot Cross Champion, Micro Tanks Champion, Race Horse Tycoon Champion, Railway Line Champion, Raju Meter 2 Champion, Metal Slug - Kill the Nazis Champion, Decoder Champion, 1 in 24 Speed v32  Champion Crusher's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    26,891
    Thanks
    8374

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Let's review.

    You stated that unions protect teachers that molest kids and have their records sealed.

    I said that was totally made up.

    You produce an article that says nothing that you allege.

    And you post more made up nonsense.
    What entity do you think negotiated the deal to have the molesting teacher's records sealed? I'll give you a hint: THE TEACHER'S UNION.

  4. #24
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    69,370
    Thanks
    33586

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    I will never pretend that the Teacher's Unions are some great benevolent force. I have watched them protect teachers that have molested children and have their records sealed. They will allow horrible teachers to remain employed, because they are "protected". This event is not about the Unions, but runaway local governments that do not honor the 1st Amendment, or apparently the 4th Amendment.

    Unions don't solve this problem. In California, with some of the strongest teacher's unions in the nation, the administrators make outrageous sums of money, but the teachers don't speak out, because they are living large too.
    And you think your odds of being treated fairly by a school board made up of politicians is BETTER???
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  5. #25
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    22,081
    Thanks
    11607

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    That's why I'd never suggest to one of my students that they teach anywhere without a union. Unions are the only way to stand up to such high-handed behavior, which is exercised in disputes over pay, benefits, and working conditions as well.
    If your Union is a good one and not ran by idiots. I belong to the teachers union and I watched 2 teachers get escorted to the door a couple of years ago. One of them was examining a female student and made a comment about her belly button piercing. All of the RN's pinch hit as the school nurse. The student told her parents what he said, raised a stink, and was terminated. The Union, which is a bunch of screeching older women did absolutely nothing to protect his job simply because they did not like him. Another one made a comment that he knew her neighborhood well because he googled her address...again the parents threw a fit and he was terminated...and the Union stood by and let it happen. The she wolves hated him as well. Schools are all political and it really depends if you are in the "in-crowd". I am part of the "in crowd" of administration and they love me, so no matter what the she wolves say or do to me, I am protected by the superintendent because I am not screeching all the time. The she wolves hate me because I refused to attend union meetings anymore. They are a waste of my time because they screech and outrage over stupid shit, like the ability to post on Face Book instead of teach. IT has blocked social media on school computers because it is a bad optic for the tax payers to see paid teachers posting on Facebook all the time. They also outraged for an entire year because they put cameras in our classrooms. They actually have to work now. I think it depends on where you work. I pay 90.00 a month for absolutely nothing. None of us have received a raise in over 8 years.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,849
    Thanks
    7804

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    What entity do you think negotiated the deal to have the molesting teacher's records sealed? I'll give you a hint: THE TEACHER'S UNION.
    Oh. Where does your link say that?
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  7. #27
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    64,956
    Thanks
    36506

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    If your Union is a good one and not ran by idiots. I belong to the teachers union and I watched 2 teachers get escorted to the door a couple of years ago. One of them was examining a female student and made a comment about her belly button piercing. All of the RN's pinch hit as the school nurse. The student told her parents what he said, raised a stink, and was terminated. The Union, which is a bunch of screeching older women did absolutely nothing to protect his job simply because they did not like him. Another one made a comment that he knew her neighborhood well because he googled her address...again the parents threw a fit and he was terminated...and the Union stood by and let it happen. The she wolves hated him as well. Schools are all political and it really depends if you are in the "in-crowd". I am part of the "in crowd" of administration and they love me, so no matter what the she wolves say or do to me, I am protected by the superintendent because I am not screeching all the time. The she wolves hate me because I refused to attend union meetings anymore. They are a waste of my time because they screech and outrage over stupid shit, like the ability to post on Face Book instead of teach. IT has blocked social media on school computers because it is a bad optic for the tax payers to see paid teachers posting on Facebook all the time. They also outraged for an entire year because they put cameras in our classrooms. They actually have to work now. I think it depends on where you work. I pay 90.00 a month for absolutely nothing. None of us have received a raise in over 8 years.
    All I can say is, you should run for a spot on the board of your local. Those dues sound really high to me. Mine aren't that high, and I make more than school teachers.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  8. #28
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,085
    Thanks
    6235

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    https://www.dailynews.com/2007/10/21...in-many-cases/

    ... and you would be wrong... again.

    It's sad because we rarely have the Leftist media share these events. It's not about the children, it's about protecting scumbags, because they are teachers. They sealed up one of the teachers in our the district where I live records. The maniac molested multiple 3rd graders, boys and girls.

    Note: This is only a tiny fragment of the community of teachers, who I assume are mostly good people. I don't want this to be some generalization. It's about the unions that pull this crap.
    From your link:

    SACRAMENTO – More than 300 California educators had their teaching licenses revoked or suspended because of sex-related offenses from 2001 through 2005.

    But you can’t tell that from the state’s enforcement records – at least not those available to the public.

    While some of the most egregious sex abuse is flagged, California law allows many offenses to remain confidential in education records, even when teachers go to prison and register as sex offenders.

    The lack of information reflects a system for disciplining teachers that, across the country, is often shrouded in secrecy. That makes it difficult for states to share valuable information about errant teachers and allows some to find other jobs in the classroom.
    The issue, then, is that teachers so accused aren't made public. They're fired, lose their credentials ("licenses" in the article.) Then the article claims that some might find other jobs in the classroom. Not. Without a "license" they can't be hired.

  9. #29
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    64,956
    Thanks
    36506

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The issue, then, is that teachers so accused aren't made public. They're fired, lose their credentials ("licenses" in the article.) Then the article claims that some might find other jobs in the classroom. Not. Without a "license" they can't be hired.
    Not in California, but they can apply for a license (California is (nearly?) unique in calling the official qualification a "credential") in another state. If there's no criminal record, nothing would signal to another state's DOE that the individual were a threat.

  10. #30
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    22,081
    Thanks
    11607

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    All I can say is, you should run for a spot on the board of your local. Those dues sound really high to me. Mine aren't that high, and I make more than school teachers.
    That is what our superintendent asked me to do...to become the union steward. I told him after the she wolves retire. I make more than most school teachers as well, we all do at our HS because we are Votech and they have to compensate us well to recruit us from the industries we came from. Our contracts require that we hold licensure for all disciplines we teach. Our dues go up every year.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 90
    Last Post: 20th January 2017, 03:36 PM
  2. Louisiana School District About to Get Smacked Down
    By NiteGuy in forum Current Events
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 24th January 2014, 10:32 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18th December 2013, 06:58 AM
  4. Justice Dept. blocks school choice in Louisiana
    By Old Ridge Runner in forum Education
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 29th August 2013, 01:17 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 4th March 2008, 06:18 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed