Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36
Thanks Tree30Thanks

Thread: Breaking: Walmart closing more than 60 Sam's Club stores

  1. #31
    Veteran Member Micro Machines Champion, Race Against Time Champion Tedminator's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    24,404
    Thanks
    14341

    From
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Exactly! The stores all have help wanted signs, but they do have help. The Retail stores I go to are sadly lacking because employees are the first thing cut.

    Kroger and Meijer are both Union,one of the main reasons I prefer them. Clean,bright, with plenty of welcoming employees.

    COSTCO pays much higher wages than Sam’s. They are building new stores. Go figure.

    I have a few things I buy at Walmart. But my main stores are the 2 Union.

    Aldis are OK for a few things,and the Dollar Tree. Luckily they are all in one area with Meijer. All new.
    Aldi opened a store a few minutes near me so I did research on them.. German company that also owns Trader Joes. Shopped there a few times, and they do have a limited but nice selection of groceries.

    Last edited by Tedminator; 12th January 2018 at 10:59 AM.

  2. #32
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    24,638
    Thanks
    6368

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    60+ NOW. Apparently, all are closing??

    COPS greeted employees in Texas as they showed up for work. COPS had to tell them their store was closed and they no longer had a job!

    According to KHOU, several Samís Club employees in Houston, Texas did not learn of the news until they showed up for work on Thursday. Business Insider reported that some employees were turned away by police officers.
    Why do you say "Apparently, all are closing??"

    Where you getting that?

  3. #33
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    18,559
    Thanks
    12619

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    That amounts to a retroactive $50.00 per year pay raise. Hell, that's almost a dollar a week.

    Party Time!!!
    One less trip to the food bank for the year=at least so long as you don't have a family to feed. If you have a family you'll still have to work at Walmart and go to the food bank like before but hey you can skip the can of beans and a couple of cans of corn this time. That way the guy that got laid off from Sam's club can get a little more. This is wha trickle down must mean.
    Last edited by Eve1; 12th January 2018 at 11:48 AM.

  4. #34
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    47,953
    Thanks
    9658

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    No soup for you.


    NEW YORK — The Latest on Walmart's decision to boost starting salaries for U.S. workers while also closing dozens of Sam's Club stores around the country

    A Walmart official says the company is closing 63 Sam's Club stores across the country. About 10 of those stores will be repurposed into e-commerce distribution sites.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...D=ansmsnnews11


    Holy Cow... higher minimum wages does kill jobs.
    They closed 269 stores in Jan 2016. Obama's fault?

    Thanks from excalibur

  5. #35
    Franken-Stein DemoKKKrats excalibur's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    10,041
    Thanks
    3287

    From
    The Milky Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    They closed 269 stores in Jan 2016. Obama's fault?



    Shhhhh!

  6. #36
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,996
    Thanks
    4007

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    No,that is not the point. You guys are doing a happy dance about Walmart raising wages.
    Who is "you guys?"

    That happened last year when they got a lot of bad publicity about employees on food stamps.
    I'm not really that fascinated by Walmart, my purpose in this thread is to remind the slower liberals on the board where their repetitive chants fail tests of reason and logic.

    You are trying to say it is because of the tax cuts.
    No I'm not, I'm merely pointing out the incessant inaccuracies being spouted by several of the board's angry liberals.

    But you completely ignore the abrupt closing of many Samís Clubs.
    No, I don't do that either. I don't dance with joy over Walmart's wages and I don't ignore Sam's Club closing. When you try to assign false arguments to people, it's called a straw man argument.

    Closed without notice. People arrived for work to find the stores closed!
    Bummer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Americaís Retailers Are Closing Stores Faster Than Ever
    By aboutenough in forum Current Events
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10th April 2017, 11:12 AM
  2. Macy's closing 68 stores; job cuts total 10,100
    By OldGaffer in forum Current Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 6th January 2017, 06:49 AM
  3. Walmart to close 269 stores around the world
    By johnflesh in forum Current Events
    Replies: 261
    Last Post: 18th January 2016, 04:58 PM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 20th January 2014, 02:26 AM
  5. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 13th November 2013, 04:31 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed