Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 147
Thanks Tree118Thanks

Thread: 'The President Must Apologize': Haitian-American GOP Rep. Mia Love Slams Trump's 'Shi

  1. #61
    Polemicist Supremum Monk-Eye's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,768
    Thanks
    413

    From
    Yesod

    Racial Politics

    " Racial Politics "

    * Protected State Us *

    A co-worker from puerto rico once told me that individuals in puerto rico had great animosity against individuals trying to come into puerto rico from haiti .

    The primary issue of immigration is that it should be merit based and not first come first served as it has been since 1965 , irrespective of where individuals originate , and that should include decreasing levels of legal immigration and especially shutting down chain immigration .

    Further , who is deciding the immigration demographic and are immigrants to the us and to europe supposed to reflect the ratio of identities present in the global population ?

    https://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/1...to-get-browner
    “If you stopped all immigration today, just by virtue of birth rates, this is going to be a browner country,” Obama said.
    Thanks from pragmatic

  2. #62
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,593
    Thanks
    3203

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    It's time for him to go.

    2017 was a disastrous year. 2018 is starting off even worse. Enough is enough already. Republicans have to put country first.
    The delusionals are going to have a very bad year this year too.... probly worse than last year.

    For the people in the real world... not so much.

    Btw for the rest of the clueless; race and nationality are not the same.

  3. #63
    Member LT Greenbean's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,822
    Thanks
    510

    From
    south area
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Mia Love, one time seeming to be a rising star in the GOP, touted for her race combined with her party affiliation seems to not like the president's comments.

    You see, her family is from one of them there shit hole countries.

    Indeed, there seems to be a fair amount of folks in the the GOP defending and decrying the comments of the president, comments which appear to me to be nothing more than coded racism.

    Bravo to Mia for not kowtowing to the president's racism because of party.

    GOP Rep. Mia Love Slams Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment | Time

    Republican Rep. Mia Love condemned President Donald Trump on Thursday over his reported comments referring to immigrants from El Salvador, Haiti and some African nations as coming from “shithole countries.”



    The Utah representative, whose family is from Haiti, called on the president to apologize and said his remarks were “unkind” and “divisive.”


    “The President’ comments are unkind, divisive, elitist, and fly in the face of our nation’s values. This behavior is unacceptable from the leader of our nation. My parents came from one of those countries but proudly took an oath of allegiance to the United States and took on the responsibilities of everything that being a citizen comes with,” Love said in a statement on Thursday.
    What does her race have to do with anything?

  4. #64
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,593
    Thanks
    3203

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by LT Greenbean View Post
    What does her race have to do with anything?
    I've tried to figure it out... I'm not so sure they know what racism means after reading through.
    Thanks from LT Greenbean

  5. #65
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,190
    Thanks
    4934

    Quote Originally Posted by Otto Throttle View Post
    If you could put down your magic racism detector lens you might be able to admit that educated immigrants from a country like Norway would have more to offer than uneducated, unskilled, soon to be dependent on welfare immigrants from third world shitholes.
    Pretty obvious. It's not 1900 any more. Immigration issues and needs are different.

  6. #66
    Member LT Greenbean's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,822
    Thanks
    510

    From
    south area
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    I've tried to figure it out... I'm not so sure they know what racism means after reading through.
    Yea what a weird original post. Why would someone be touted for their race...? Isn't that in itself racism?

  7. #67
    Established Member soupnazi's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,708
    Thanks
    1285

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Mia Love, one time seeming to be a rising star in the GOP, touted for her race combined with her party affiliation seems to not like the president's comments.

    You see, her family is from one of them there shit hole countries.

    Indeed, there seems to be a fair amount of folks in the the GOP defending and decrying the comments of the president, comments which appear to me to be nothing more than coded racism.

    Bravo to Mia for not kowtowing to the president's racism because of party.

    GOP Rep. Mia Love Slams Trump's 'Shithole Countries' Comment | Time

    Republican Rep. Mia Love condemned President Donald Trump on Thursday over his reported comments referring to immigrants from El Salvador, Haiti and some African nations as coming from “shithole countries.”



    The Utah representative, whose family is from Haiti, called on the president to apologize and said his remarks were “unkind” and “divisive.”


    “The President’ comments are unkind, divisive, elitist, and fly in the face of our nation’s values. This behavior is unacceptable from the leader of our nation. My parents came from one of those countries but proudly took an oath of allegiance to the United States and took on the responsibilities of everything that being a citizen comes with,” Love said in a statement on Thursday.
    Racism is racism using the word coded merely means it was not racist but you wish to call it that.

    HE did not insult haitian americans he stated accurate truth about haiti.

    Not racist and quite accurate.

  8. #68
    Member LT Greenbean's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,822
    Thanks
    510

    From
    south area
    Quote Originally Posted by soupnazi View Post
    Racism is racism using the word coded merely means it was not racist but you wish to call it that.

    HE did not insult haitian americans he stated accurate truth about haiti.

    Not racist and quite accurate.
    The extreme left wing thinks everything is racist. They have destroyed the meaning behind it. Now it's just an average term used to describe someone who beat them in a debate
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  9. #69
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,190
    Thanks
    4934

    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    Trump is a racist. Not wanting people because of their nation of origin is racist. This has nothing to do with merit based immigration. You can be from a shit hole country and meet the standards of countries that have a merit based system. This has to do with the fact that Trump says he doesn’t want people from shit hole countries and then named Haiti and the entire continent of Africa specifically. His preference would be people from places like Norway. Trump is a racist believing one nation of people are superior to another nation of people.

    If you still support Trump after today you are either a racist or a racist sympathizer which is worse.
    Norway is thriving, Haiti is not. There is a reason. Few if any move to Haiti , many want out. There is a reason. Even before the earthquake .

  10. #70
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,593
    Thanks
    3203

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by LT Greenbean View Post
    Yea what a weird original post. Why would someone be touted for their race...? Isn't that in itself racism?
    Definitely weird.

    I think it's that it's ok to use / say racist stuff if it's under the pretense of fighting racism...

    Like how you are allowed to say how black people are too incapable to identify themselves, if you are TRYING to prevent voter ID laws.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 31st August 2017, 08:47 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27th July 2017, 01:19 PM
  3. Replies: 76
    Last Post: 22nd February 2017, 07:12 AM
  4. does trump owe president obama his family and American's an apology.
    By the watchman in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 17th September 2016, 07:01 PM
  5. alan grayson slams palin! gotta love him!
    By justonemorevoice in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 17th March 2010, 10:39 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed