Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 72
Thanks Tree69Thanks

Thread: LOL!!! "Thanks, but NO THANKS: Norwegians reject Trump immigration offer"

  1. #31
    Veteran Member sweettee's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    15,097
    Thanks
    8232

    From
    in the noggins of yip yappers
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVsMatrix View Post
    Send a letter to your buddy Donald. Tel him to shut down NATO. Tell him if people tell him he can't, to pull out of NATO. i mean, you two genius minds think alike, together you can pull it off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tedminator View Post

  2. #32
    Veteran Member Micro Machines Champion, Race Against Time Champion Tedminator's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    24,987
    Thanks
    15108

    From
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    I literally just laughed OUT LOUD!

    “On behalf of Norway: Thanks, but no thanks,” tweeted Torbjoern Saetre,
    a politician representing
    Norway’s Conservative Party in a municipality near Oslo.

    ‘Thanks, but no thanks’: Norwegians reject Trump’s immigration offer

    ]
    REUTERS
    12 JAN 2018 AT 10:02 ET




    Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg (Youtube)
    DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!

    Many Norwegians rejected on Friday a suggestion by U.S. President Donald Trump that they would be more welcome to move to the United States than immigrants from “shithole countries” such as Haiti or African nations.

    The Nordic country, one of the richest in the world by GDP per capita, was last year named the happiest nation on the planet and is known for a cradle-to-grave welfare state funded in part by large reserves of oil and natural gas.

    Trump mentioned Norway in derogatory comments about other countries of migration as U.S. senators briefed him on Thursday on a newly drafted bipartisan immigration bill, according to two sources who asked not to be identified.

    One of the sources who was briefed on the conversation quoted him as saying: “Why do we want all these people from Africa here? They’re shithole countries … We should have more people from Norway.”

    In one of several Twitter posts on Friday, Trump defended his stance on a bipartisan Senate immigration deal, but denied using the vulgar language ascribed to him....

    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/thanks-but-no-thanks-norwegians-reject-trumps-immigration-offer/


    Our allies' view of potushithole has gotten pretty bad. I looked around for what the norskies were saying about trump and this seems the prevalent view...



    Norwegians dislike Donald Trump


    “In the course of a half year, we’ve seen the world’s only superpower abdicate its role as the leading geopolitical actor,” Hansen wrote. “At the same time, Donald Trump in a bilateral meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin has lifted Russia up to being an equal international partner, with the so-called ceasefire agreement for Syria, with none of the warring parties in the Middle East taking part.”

    Hansen believes Putin had been striving for that kind of acceptance for the past 17 years and didn’t get it from former US Presidents Clinton, Bush or Obama. Putin can also “be rubbing his hands together in glee” after Trump has withdrawn the US from its international leadership role in everything from trade, climate and security policies. That, according to Hansen, has also led to new divisions between Western Europe and the US, while British Prime Minister Theresa May “is acting like a puppet in the hands of an unpredictable, egomaniacal, ignorant and manipulating charlatan in the White House.” No one in Europe, Hansen argued, is looking to Britain for leadership anymore either.

    “For small countries like the Netherlands, Denmark and Norway, with historically close ties to Great Britain and the US, the situation is extremely challenging,” Hansen wrote. “Perhaps closer colleration between small and medium-sized countries in Northern Europe can offer some breathing room until a rational and more predictable administration in the US takes over.”
    ..snip..
    Last edited by Tedminator; 12th January 2018 at 01:59 PM.
    Thanks from Friday13 and cpicturetaker12

  3. #33
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    54,033
    Thanks
    41736

    From
    CA
    After President Donald Trump made racist remarks lamenting immigrants coming from “shithole countries” like Haiti and nations in Africa rather than from Norway, people on Twitter, including some actually from Norway, were quick to remark that, for many Norwegians, America may seem to be a bit of a shithole.


    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000009
    Thanks from Amelia and Friday13

  4. #34
    Praguematic Helena's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,822
    Thanks
    1332

    From
    Maybe my user title will provide a clue.
    I like the idea that the imaginary money the US gives to Norway will not be given anymore because Norwegians don't want to move to the US. I want film rights to that.

  5. #35
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,946
    Thanks
    5080

    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    I literally just laughed OUT LOUD!

    “On behalf of Norway: Thanks, but no thanks,” tweeted Torbjoern Saetre,
    a politician representing
    Norway’s Conservative Party in a municipality near Oslo.

    ‘Thanks, but no thanks’: Norwegians reject Trump’s immigration offer

    ]
    REUTERS
    12 JAN 2018 AT 10:02 ET




    Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg (Youtube)
    DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!

    Many Norwegians rejected on Friday a suggestion by U.S. President Donald Trump that they would be more welcome to move to the United States than immigrants from “shithole countries” such as Haiti or African nations.

    The Nordic country, one of the richest in the world by GDP per capita, was last year named the happiest nation on the planet and is known for a cradle-to-grave welfare state funded in part by large reserves of oil and natural gas.

    Trump mentioned Norway in derogatory comments about other countries of migration as U.S. senators briefed him on Thursday on a newly drafted bipartisan immigration bill, according to two sources who asked not to be identified.

    One of the sources who was briefed on the conversation quoted him as saying: “Why do we want all these people from Africa here? They’re shithole countries … We should have more people from Norway.”

    In one of several Twitter posts on Friday, Trump defended his stance on a bipartisan Senate immigration deal, but denied using the vulgar language ascribed to him....

    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/thanks-but-no-thanks-norwegians-reject-trumps-immigration-offer/


    The Norwegians are enjoying their Muslim guests.

  6. #36
    Veteran Member Micro Machines Champion, Race Against Time Champion Tedminator's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    24,987
    Thanks
    15108

    From
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    I like the idea that the imaginary money the US gives to Norway will not be given anymore because Norwegians don't want to move to the US. I want film rights to that.


    btw, allow me speak for all murcans when I say "Ourbad for #potushithole.. will try to do better next time".
    Thanks from Friday13

  7. #37
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    70,493
    Thanks
    34370

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Really? We give money to Norway? How much per year?
    @ LT Greenbean

    Well? What money do we GIVE to Norway???

  8. #38
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    28,674
    Thanks
    20585

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by LT Greenbean View Post
    Wait, you're claiming the NATO mission is not over? Care to cite it for us?

    (Here comes the deflection)
    Are your fingers broken, man? There are volumes, TOMES, all over that 'instrument' you are spewing your ignorance on. Unless somehow you are transmitting this shit using 2 cans and a fucking string. I mean SERIOUSLY.

    (And I ain't gonna give you any CLUES! I'm not your 9th or 10th grade World History teacher)
    Last edited by cpicturetaker12; 12th January 2018 at 03:45 PM.

  9. #39
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,946
    Thanks
    5080

    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    After President Donald Trump made racist remarks lamenting immigrants coming from “shithole countries” like Haiti and nations in Africa rather than from Norway, people on Twitter, including some actually from Norway, were quick to remark that, for many Norwegians, America may seem to be a bit of a shithole.


    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000009
    In many ways we are: look at the poverty, melted down cities, lawlessness, border chaos. Gangs, drugs, many cities in financial chaos. So diverse now we are not unified on anything.

  10. #40
    Veteran Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    25,113
    Thanks
    24196

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    Norway is a socialist country with a better standard of living than the USA. Why would they move?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29th April 2017, 03:56 PM
  2. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 21st February 2017, 12:50 PM
  3. Replies: 281
    Last Post: 13th November 2016, 12:34 AM
  4. Trump Backs Off Key Elements Of His Immigration "Plan"--
    By GordonGecko in forum Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29th October 2015, 06:18 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed