Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71
Thanks Tree25Thanks

Thread: The Cost of Welfare Use By Immigrant and Native Households

  1. #21
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    44,866
    Thanks
    34630

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    FAIR is an important voice in the immigration debate, but they use bad statistics to further their aims, and they do it deliberately.

    The impact of immigrant families on our tax system cannot be measured until you consider what they pay in and never claim against as well as what they draw, and arrive at a net figure.

    Immigrants are a huge taxpaying group, and their contributions to social security alone allows us to limp along. Without their payments, we could not sustain the current entitlement levels without acquiring much more debt.

    Lastly, FAIR considers all English as a Second Language teachers, etc. to be an immigrant-only expense. Obviously, this is not true.
    Finally someone who get's it and put it in simple terms so even simple people can understand.

    Although I disagree about FAIR...they are as bad as CSI.
    Thanks from Madeline

  2. #22
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    53,380
    Thanks
    30666

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Finally someone who get's it and put it in simple terms so even simple people can understand.

    Although I disagree about FAIR...they are as bad as CSI.
    It's a shame they don't show restraint and avoid publishing these heavily biased articles. Misinformation helps nobody make good public policy.

  3. #23
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    44,866
    Thanks
    34630

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    It's a shame they don't show restraint and avoid publishing these heavily biased articles. Misinformation helps nobody make good public policy.
    100 % agree

    Which frustrates me. I know policy is boring but it's the basis for just about everything the government does.
    Thanks from Madeline

  4. #24
    Franken-Stein DemoKKKrats excalibur's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,034
    Thanks
    2814

    From
    The Milky Way
    LOL Yeah, al those budding Einstein's from Mexico et al. Regressives will be the death of America. Immigrants are a net drain on the taxpayers.

  5. #25
    Franken-Stein DemoKKKrats excalibur's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,034
    Thanks
    2814

    From
    The Milky Way
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    CIS is a racist organization...might as well get your information from storm front


    LOL The race card! OMG. Facts, facts, facts. But regressives play the race card.

  6. #26
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    31,112
    Thanks
    7988

    From
    TN
    CA alone spends 25,000,000,000 dollars on welfare for illegal immigrants.


    But their roads Dams and Bridges and Forestry management is in the crapper.

  7. #27
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    13,911
    Thanks
    6853

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Immigrant households with a U.S. citizen child qualify for aid because of their child.

    If we allowed the parents to work legally, less aid would be needed for the children.



    But Trump is moving us in the opposite direction. Deporting productive, job-creating parents, which is pushing more U.S. citizen children onto welfare.

    that is after all ...the plan.


    sneak in... drop an anchor and sail thought life for free.

  8. #28
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    13,911
    Thanks
    6853

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    CA alone spends 25,000,000,000 dollars on welfare for illegal immigrants.


    But their roads Dams and Bridges and Forestry management is in the crapper.
    you are behind the times. CA just passed a 45 million bill to specifically to help support ILLEGALS.

  9. #29
    Franken-Stein DemoKKKrats excalibur's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,034
    Thanks
    2814

    From
    The Milky Way
    This study was from 1991. Things have only gotten worse since.


    Immigrant Participation in the Welfare System

    George J. Borjas*, Stephen J. Trejo*

    First Published January 1, 1991 Research Article

    Abstract

    This paper presents an empirical analysis of immigrant participation in the welfare system using the 1970 and 1980 U.S. Censuses. The availability of two cross-sections allows for identification of cohort and assimilation effects. The data indicate that recent immigrant cohorts use the welfare system more intensively than earlier cohorts. In addition, the longer an immigrant household has been in the United States, the more likely it is to receive welfare. The analysis also suggests that a single factor, the changing national origin mix of the immigrant flow, accounts for much of the increase in welfare participation rates across successive immigrant waves.
    SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

  10. #30
    Veteran Member Dragonfly5's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    15,163
    Thanks
    12033

    From
    Houston, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Are the parents going to leave their kid behind.

    If illegal immigration never happened we would be so far ahead of the game. Costs, our own people fighting over policy, corruption of the labor force, corruption of politics, corruption of our citizens towards covering for this mess. Illegals are a nightmare on the nation. The internal struggles it's generated is epic. Americans are battling each other because of an invading country.
    No we are battling you and your kind because of your overt racism!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th July 2016, 09:09 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10th February 2016, 09:07 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 4th October 2014, 11:19 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th September 2013, 10:23 AM
  5. Why is Corporate Welfare Good But Social Welfare Bad?
    By Devil505 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24th January 2010, 07:59 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed