Members banned from this thread: Dragonfly5, The Man and Kallie Knoetze


Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 298
Thanks Tree150Thanks

Thread: That Time Obama Called Libya A ‘S**t Show’

  1. #71
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    31,066
    Thanks
    24393

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Ms. Labra,

    The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

    1.Person A has position X.
    2.Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
    3.Person B attacks position Y.
    4.Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.

    For example:

    Kallie: if you condemn Trump, you have to condemn the racist Obama as well

    Labrea: Obama may have made a racist comment, but he didn't talk about Norway.
    I hope youre not pretending to quote me with your example, because thats not what i wrote.

  2. #72
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    44,423
    Thanks
    9158

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    Bullshit. People Trump was bitching about were receiving refugee status. Haitians for earthquake relief.

    People from El Salvador were here due to Cartel drug violence.

    Why do you assume the people here don't understand the issues? Are the people that stupid at the other forum sites you visit?

    I thought the Clinton Foundation fixed Haiti.

  3. #73
    El Psy Kongroo Lunchboxxy's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,409
    Thanks
    12165

    From
    Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    I thought the Clinton Foundation fixed Haiti.
    Thanks from Blueneck

  4. #74
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27,633
    Thanks
    2584

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryPorter View Post
    There is a difference between a shithole and a shitshow. The Trump administration is a definate shitshow.
    Yeah - Some terrible show for the left politically. He is killin' it and the left absolutely cannot stand it.

    3%+ GPD
    Low unemployment
    Business is not just booming but thriving
    Tax cuts across the board with large corps, including some major utilities, offering reductions and cash back.
    Repealed the penalty that was "not" a tax
    Set Record for First-Year Judicial Appointments to Federal Appellate Courts
    Historic Reduction in ILLEGAL Immigration
    Crushed ISIS Caliphate
    Revived the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
    VA Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act
    NATO Reforms
    81 Signed Legislative Accomplishments

  5. #75
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27,633
    Thanks
    2584

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Goofball,

    The funny thing is, almost all countries in the world, liberal Canada, and Norway specifically, who don't want people from shithole countries as well. In order to emigrate there, you must have a job waiting for you.
    Stop hurling around facts...just irritates them and causes more false racist, sexist, homophobic, islamic, religious BS accusations
    Thanks from Kallie Knoetze

  6. #76
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    44,423
    Thanks
    9158

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchboxxy View Post
    You are correct, they raped Haiti.

    My bad.

  7. #77
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    32,702
    Thanks
    27670

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    I thought the Clinton Foundation fixed Haiti.
    I don't follow every word out of Bill and Hillary. Im not the Bill and Hillary expert.

    But I sure as hell understand the difference between shithole and shitshow.

    And I know which one Trump used and why.

    That you can be sure of.

  8. #78
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19,260
    Thanks
    15526

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    Didn't Trump allegedly say "sh@@hole countries", not "sh@@thole" people from those countries?

    Learn to read.
    He said he did not want the PEOPLE from shithole countries. What part of that excludes the people from his racist view?
    Thanks from Blueneck

  9. #79
    No mercy for losers Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46,645
    Thanks
    23588

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Eve,

    Not a strawman, fact. Practically all countries practice merit based immigration, with the exception of the US. All shithole countries have very, very few that measure up to merit based standards.
    THANK YOU!

    You've just define exactly what's racist about Trump's remark. To equate merit with the assumption that people cannot rise above the circumstances in which they were born assumes there's something congenitally wrong with them. Like, if you're from Haiti or Africa, you're genetically flawed in such a way that you are unable to function properly in civilized society, are mentally deficient or simply without a decent soul. Because you were BORN that way.

    What is genetically different about people from those countries? Their skin color. Period.

    That's why it's racist.

  10. #80
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27,633
    Thanks
    2584

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    Wow, the whole fucking planet must be on the left. Norway went WTF? Norway agrees Trump is a racist pig.
    Hardly - Rent buy or get a clue on loan.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 13th November 2015, 02:24 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 24th October 2013, 08:14 PM
  3. Amount of time before US will pull out of Libya
    By Bears in forum Opinion Polls
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 24th March 2011, 11:28 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed