Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 253
Thanks Tree110Thanks

Thread: South Carolina bill would require schools to display 'In God We Trust' posters

  1. #41
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    53,121
    Thanks
    2838

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueneck View Post
    The title America's motto is disputable, and I would defer to the courts as far as constitutionality is concerned.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aronow_v._United_States Looks like it’s been challenged in court and failed

  2. #42
    spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    18,948
    Thanks
    7759

    From
    i'm not real===
    Who's god do we get to use? I vote for Allah!!!!

  3. #43
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    53,121
    Thanks
    2838

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Davocrat View Post
    It's not the motto.
    If not then feel free to tell us what the Motto is?

  4. #44
    spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    18,948
    Thanks
    7759

    From
    i'm not real===
    If most of the people in this country start to worship Gia, will you defend her and force kids to worship the earth?

  5. #45
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    64,307
    Thanks
    4157

    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    it says that it hasn't been decided whether or not it's constitutional. But, any lame brain can plainly see that it's not. It clearly violates the separation of church and state to have as a motto "In God We Trust". Quite frankly, in fact, isn't it also a violation of several Christian principles? For instance, worshiping more than one God? That's the motto that's on money. Isn't that a "graven image"? And anyway, why can't Republican's just leave other folks kids alone in our public schools? If they want to worship God why isn't that enough? Why try to force it on other people's kids?
    Does that mean our money is unconstitutional which means it is worthless?

  6. #46
    spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    18,948
    Thanks
    7759

    From
    i'm not real===
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    If not then feel free to tell us what the Motto is?
    "In Donald Trump's bad haircut we trust!"
    Thanks from Tedminator

  7. #47
    spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    18,948
    Thanks
    7759

    From
    i'm not real===
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Does that mean our money is unconstitutional which means it is worthless?
    No, it means that during the late 1950's conservatives took it upon themselves to decide that we trusted in God. I wanted "stop raping our kids," but it got voted down.
    Thanks from Blueneck and Ian Jeffrey

  8. #48
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    53,121
    Thanks
    2838

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Why do we HAVE to do this? Not everyone believes in god so wouldn't this be a sin? If we lie to god, it violates the ten commandments.

    THOU SHALT NOT dude!
    If someone doesn’t believe in God how can they lie if he doesn’t exist to them? Just look at it like a sneeze ( this is what one poster told me when Trump says “God Bless America”)

  9. #49
    No mercy for losers Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    47,120
    Thanks
    24182

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Still not getting an answer. Is it a separation of Church and State issue for a public school to display America’s Motto?
    America's Motto®

    Now with more God in it!

  10. #50
    spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    18,948
    Thanks
    7759

    From
    i'm not real===
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    If someone doesn’t believe in God how can they lie if he doesn’t exist to them? Just look at it like a sneeze ( this is what one poster told me when Trump says “God Bless America”)
    Well, you're attempting to speak for everyone and not everyone believes in God, therefore, you are LYING when you use the word "WE."

    "WE," don't all believe in God so when YOU say that "WE" do, it is YOU who are lying.
    Last edited by Puzzling Evidence; 10th February 2018 at 03:39 PM.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10th March 2016, 09:13 PM
  2. Replies: 202
    Last Post: 3rd November 2013, 08:09 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27th August 2012, 01:19 AM
  4. Whither South Carolina?
    By bonncaruso in forum Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22nd January 2012, 01:18 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed