Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 101
Thanks Tree39Thanks

Thread: TRUMP confidant Carl Icahn DUMPED $31.2 million in 'steel' stocks--last week!!

  1. #1
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    26,802
    Thanks
    19188

    From
    Florida

    TRUMP confidant Carl Icahn DUMPED $31.2 million in 'steel' stocks--last week!!

    Impeccable timing, you say?


    Trump confidant dumped millions in steel-related stock last week

    Carl Icahn has impeccable timing.


    JUDD LEGUM
    MAR 2, 2018, 10:22 AM




    Billionaire investor and longtime Trump confidant Carl Icahn dumped $31.3 million of stock in a company heavily dependent on steel last week, just days before Trump announced plans to impose steep tariffs on steel imports.

    In a little-noticed SEC filing submitted on
    February 22, 2018, Icahn disclosed that he systematically sold off nearly 1 million shares of Manitowoc Company Inc. Manitowoc is a “is a leading global manufacturer of cranes and lifting solutions” and, therefore, heavily dependent on steel to make its products.

    The filing came just seven days before a White House event where Trump announced his intention of imposing a 25 percent tariff on steel imports.

    Trump’s announcement rattled the markets, with steel-dependent stocks hardest hit. Manitowoc stock plunged, losing about 6 percent of its value. Reuters attributed the drop to the fact that Manitowoc is a “major consumer of steel.” As of 10:20 a.m. Friday, the stock had lost an additional 6 percent, trading at $26.21.

    Icahn was required to make the disclosure because ...

    https://thinkprogress.org/trump-icha...-cf7deb8beaf0/





  2. #2
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    68,401
    Thanks
    32864

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    Impeccable timing, you say?


    Trump confidant dumped millions in steel-related stock last week

    Carl Icahn has impeccable timing.


    JUDD LEGUM
    MAR 2, 2018, 10:22 AM




    Billionaire investor and longtime Trump confidant Carl Icahn dumped $31.3 million of stock in a company heavily dependent on steel last week, just days before Trump announced plans to impose steep tariffs on steel imports.

    In a little-noticed SEC filing submitted on
    February 22, 2018, Icahn disclosed that he systematically sold off nearly 1 million shares of Manitowoc Company Inc. Manitowoc is a “is a leading global manufacturer of cranes and lifting solutions” and, therefore, heavily dependent on steel to make its products.

    The filing came just seven days before a White House event where Trump announced his intention of imposing a 25 percent tariff on steel imports.

    Trump’s announcement rattled the markets, with steel-dependent stocks hardest hit. Manitowoc stock plunged, losing about 6 percent of its value. Reuters attributed the drop to the fact that Manitowoc is a “major consumer of steel.” As of 10:20 a.m. Friday, the stock had lost an additional 6 percent, trading at $26.21.

    Icahn was required to make the disclosure because ...

    https://thinkprogress.org/trump-icha...-cf7deb8beaf0/




    Insider information. Business as usual in the swamp.
    Thanks from Babba, NeoVsMatrix and Friday13

  3. #3
    Going Nuclear- Daily Yetisports6 - Big Wave Champion, Bezerk Champion, All Ball Champion, Magic Gem Champion, Crystal Clear Champion, Flower Power Champion, Space Thieves TD Champion, X-treme Moto Idiot Cross Champion, Micro Tanks Champion, Race Horse Tycoon Champion, Railway Line Champion, Raju Meter 2 Champion, Metal Slug - Kill the Nazis Champion, Decoder Champion, 1 in 24 Speed v32  Champion Crusher's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    24,516
    Thanks
    7815

    From
    California
    Think Progress is a problematic source.

    Doing the math, the dude saved $1.5 millionish? Meh. Billionaires make bigger moves than that if they have insider information.
    Thanks from Goofball and Bronwyn

  4. #4
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    26,802
    Thanks
    19188

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    Think Progress is a problematic source.

    Doing the math, the dude saved $1.5 millionish? Meh. Billionaires make bigger moves than that if they have insider information.
    Billonaires don't like to LOSE anything. Ask Trump.

    I'll reiterate, IMPECCABLE timing??
    Thanks from Hollywood, EnigmaO01 and Friday13

  5. #5
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    47,985
    Thanks
    9667

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    Billonaires don't like to LOSE anything. Ask Trump.

    I'll reiterate, IMPECCABLE timing??
    Billionaires don't get to be billionaires if they have bad timing.

    Derp!

  6. #6
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    12,300
    Thanks
    3017

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    Impeccable timing, you say?


    Trump confidant dumped millions in steel-related stock last week

    Carl Icahn has impeccable timing.


    JUDD LEGUM
    MAR 2, 2018, 10:22 AM




    Billionaire investor and longtime Trump confidant Carl Icahn dumped $31.3 million of stock in a company heavily dependent on steel last week, just days before Trump announced plans to impose steep tariffs on steel imports.

    In a little-noticed SEC filing submitted on
    February 22, 2018, Icahn disclosed that he systematically sold off nearly 1 million shares of Manitowoc Company Inc. Manitowoc is a “is a leading global manufacturer of cranes and lifting solutions” and, therefore, heavily dependent on steel to make its products.

    The filing came just seven days before a White House event where Trump announced his intention of imposing a 25 percent tariff on steel imports.

    Trump’s announcement rattled the markets, with steel-dependent stocks hardest hit. Manitowoc stock plunged, losing about 6 percent of its value. Reuters attributed the drop to the fact that Manitowoc is a “major consumer of steel.” As of 10:20 a.m. Friday, the stock had lost an additional 6 percent, trading at $26.21.

    Icahn was required to make the disclosure because ...

    https://thinkprogress.org/trump-icha...-cf7deb8beaf0/




    Mr. Picturetaker,

    Wait, are you saying he sold his interest in a company that lost 25% of it's value since the first of the month?

    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MTW?p=MTW

    Hint: you don't become a millionaire by holding on to losing stocks.

    Double hint: if he had anything to do with this tariff decision, you'd think he would have sold the stock soon after it reach a high of $43/share on January 25th.
    Thanks from Goofball

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    47,985
    Thanks
    9667

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Picturetaker,

    Wait, are you saying he sold his interest in a company that lost 25% of it's value since the first of the month?

    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MTW?p=MTW

    Hint: you don't become a millionaire by holding on to losing stocks.

    Double hint: if he had anything to do with this tariff decision, you'd think he would have sold the stock soon after it reach a high of $43/share on January 25th.
    Shhhhh................


    Someone did a thing..............so Trump has to be breaking some law. Dims are getting desperate since their RUSSIAN COLLUSION thingy blew up in their faces.

    Last edited by Goofball; 2nd March 2018 at 09:26 AM.
    Thanks from Kallie Knoetze

  8. #8
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    40,259
    Thanks
    42200

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    Shhhhh................


    Someone did a thing..............so Trump has to be breaking some law. Dims are getting desperate since their RUSSIAN COLLUSION thingy blew up in their faces.

    opoern:
    I didn't hear about Mueller wrapping up his investigation and clearing Trump of all charges, do you have a link?
    Thanks from the watchman, Friday13 and steezer

  9. #9
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    47,985
    Thanks
    9667

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    I didn't hear about Mueller wrapping up his investigation and clearing Trump of all charges, do you have a link?
    What "charges" does he need to be cleared of?

    Do you have a link to these "charges"?


  10. #10
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    26,802
    Thanks
    19188

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Picturetaker,

    Wait, are you saying he sold his interest in a company that lost 25% of it's value since the first of the month?

    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MTW?p=MTW

    Hint: you don't become a millionaire by holding on to losing stocks.

    Double hint: if he had anything to do with this tariff decision, you'd think he would have sold the stock soon after it reach a high of $43/share on January 25th.
    I'm hoping the SEC will look into the brilliant businessman's 'transaction'. But I doubt it will NOW.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 188
    Last Post: 6th March 2018, 03:45 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19th August 2017, 07:29 AM
  3. Carl Icahn, Mr. Hostile Takeover, resigns
    By PACE in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th August 2017, 02:17 PM
  4. Carl Icahn just formed a SUPERPAC worth 150 million
    By PACE in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st October 2015, 10:03 AM
  5. Stocks: New week, same woes
    By michaelr in forum Economics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20th June 2010, 06:33 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed