Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 80 of 80
Thanks Tree22Thanks

Thread: Economy added 313,000 jobs in February

  1. #71
    Frankly my dear, I..... Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,115
    Thanks
    9039

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    We have just been gifted with a tax refund "stimulus." Yes, the Trump tax cuts was tantamount to a stimulus by virtue of the fact that we increased our national debt in order to hand out tax cuts that affected primarily the middle class on up. Do I think the economy is bad? No, we have extremely low unemployment -- this supersedes almost all other considerations. The tax cuts will prop up the economy even further and I expect earnings to increase amongst other things. Right now is not a good measure of where we are with a good world economy. Check back in October.

  2. #72
    Frankly my dear, I..... Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,115
    Thanks
    9039

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    Dunno. Let's look at the same month in the Obama regime...........



    Looks like you are wrong, again.

    You went back 8 years to find that? To the worst part of the recession after the housing bubble?

    In 2016 the U.S. economy gained 242,000 jobs in February while average wages dropped slightly, according to a Bureau of Labor Statistics report released Friday.

    The unemployment rate held steady at 4.9 percent.

    In 2015 the U.S. economy added 295,000 jobs in February, which crushed expectations. That beat the estimate from CNNMoney's survey of economists, who predicted 235,000 job gains.
    February's job growth shows how far the economy has come in a year. It's the 12th straight month that the economy has gained over 200,000 jobs, and the unemployment rate fell to 5.5%.

    In Feb 2014 U.S. employers stepped up hiring in February despite a blast of harsh winter weather, renewing hopes that the economy could accelerate this year.

    February’s gain of 175,000 jobs, up from January’s 129,000, coincided with a rise in the unemployment rate to 6.7 percent from a five-year low of 6.6 percent.

    In 2013 the private sector added 246,000 jobs in February, accounting for all of the job gains. The public-sector workforce, which has been shrinking for four years, shed another 10,000 jobs last month.


    You were saying Goofball?
    Last edited by Puzzling Evidence; 10th March 2018 at 07:26 AM.

  3. #73
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    49,265
    Thanks
    9905

    From
    United States
    It is the same month in the Presidency. Oh, and the recession officially ended 8 months prior to that. We were in the middle of Barry’s shittastic “recovery”.

    Derp!

  4. #74
    Frankly my dear, I..... Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,115
    Thanks
    9039

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    It is the same month in the Presidency. Oh, and the recession officially ended 8 months prior to that. We were in the middle of Barry’s shittastic “recovery”.

    Derp!
    It ended 8 months BEFORE that?


  5. #75
    Frankly my dear, I..... Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,115
    Thanks
    9039

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    I almost forgot --

    DERP!

  6. #76
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    49,265
    Thanks
    9905

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    It ended 8 months BEFORE that?
    Yep, the recession officially ended in June 2009. You know how that happens? When you have two consecutive quarters of economic growth. Now just so you know....a quarter is 3 months, so the growth started before Barry took office. That means he did nothing to end the recession. His contribution was to stifle the recovery and give us the worst recovery in history.

    What a fucking disaster he was.

    https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=129990734

  7. #77
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    49,265
    Thanks
    9905

    From
    United States

  8. #78
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    69,255
    Thanks
    33522

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    Apparently you don't know that because you keep asking the same ignorant question.

    Derp!
    Too late, FAR too late. Refer to post #67.

  9. #79
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    63,900
    Thanks
    20595

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Economy added 313,000 jobs in February

    Says D. Trump's faux government.

  10. #80
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33,126
    Thanks
    20108

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    The middle class was growing during the period 1948 to 1968, since then it has shrunk, what part of that is too complicated for you to understand?
    And Reaganomics made it stay shrunk.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Similar Threads

  1. Jobs report: 160K jobs added, planned layoffs surge
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 6th May 2016, 09:04 AM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 5th March 2016, 12:03 PM
  3. 209,000 jobs added to U.S. economy in July; unemployment at 6.2%
    By Czernobog in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 8th August 2014, 10:36 AM
  4. Replies: 72
    Last Post: 7th March 2011, 12:23 PM
  5. 162,000 jobs added in March, most in 3 years
    By Shep Dawg in forum Current Events
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 3rd April 2010, 06:48 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed