Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 77
Thanks Tree56Thanks

Thread: NRA files lawsuit over Florida gun control law

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,588
    Thanks
    1592

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    NRA needs to increase membership do to the loss of those sane members that dropped off.

    NRA needs to show their dues paying members that they are..." doing something...doing anything".


    In the US the minimum to purchase a rifle or non pistol grip shotgun from a FFL dealer is 18. For pistols and pistol grip shotguns it's 21.

    You are correct. Why now? Why after years of the age restrictions for purchasing firearms went unchallenged the push.
    Again more misinformation, he could have bought any shotgun or rifle, pistol grip or not.

  2. #42
    Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanks
    650

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    LOL - they are the gun manufacturer's lobby group.
    No, they aren't.
    The NRA represents gun owners, like me. That's where the NRA's power and influence comes from- it's membership of vocal supporters of the second amendment.

  3. #43
    Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanks
    650

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
    Yes all evidence suggests that if he was prevented from getting that gun the shooting never would have happened.
    All evidence suggests that all kinds of imaginary scenarios might have prevented it. But guns DO exist and they aren't going away. Criminals will always have them, and occasionally some deranged and damaged person will get his hands on guns, or on knives, or motor vehicles, or flammable liquids, or fertilizer and diesel fuel... or any number of dangerous things.
    The world is a scary place and will still be scary and dangerous after misguided do-gooders disarm all the honest law abiding people, which will make predatory criminals' jobs so much easier.

  4. #44
    Veteran Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    24,598
    Thanks
    23334

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    Quote Originally Posted by Otto Throttle View Post
    No, they aren't.
    The NRA represents gun owners, like me. That's where the NRA's power and influence comes from- it's membership of vocal supporters of the second amendment.
    No they don't. They get their money from their masters, not from membership subs and discount insurances.

  5. #45
    Veteran Member Micro Machines Champion, Race Against Time Champion Tedminator's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    24,514
    Thanks
    14467

    From
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Anyone got a link to the text of the complaint, please?

    Thank you!
    https://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...law/412428002/

  6. #46
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67,907
    Thanks
    49342

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otto Throttle View Post
    The NRA doesn't sell guns any more than the ACLU sells newspapers.
    They're lobbyists for the gun manufacturers.

  7. #47
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    63,943
    Thanks
    20626

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Even if he'd bought a handgun, he'd have shot fewer people.
    Not to mention the extreme lethality of the .223 rounds the AR fires at very high muzzle velocity.
    Many wounds from handguns are survivable ......not so the damage that the .223 does to the human body.

    There is no reason that these weapons should be sold to the public when other firearms are good enough for sport and self-defense.
    Ad to that the lethality of high-capacity magazines and it's insanity to have these slaughter devices on gun store shelves!

    <strong>

    Ballistics character of the AR15 is exactly the same as the M16
    Last edited by Devil505; 10th March 2018 at 09:08 AM.
    Thanks from Dangermouse

  8. #48
    Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanks
    650

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    hmmm, interesting argument. So, what other laws should we apply this logic too? How about "murder"? Should we not have laws against murder because they don't prevent people from being murdered too?
    Why do you insist on having that tired, weak ass straw man shot down again?
    We have laws not because we expect them to be universally obeyed but in order to be able to punish those who break them after the fact, and isolate those criminals from the law abiding sector of humanity.
    If you can't come up with better material perhaps you should just lurk instead of trying to participate.

  9. #49
    Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanks
    650

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Yes. The mass murderer by gun in 21st century America has almost always used legally acquired guns.

    It's obviously a type of crime committed by a deranged, inflamed person (almost always a young man.)

    Ergo, taking gun rights off teenagers will prevent some (substantial) gun violence in future, whether in the form of mass murder or just botched suicide attempts.

    Proof of this assertion will be abundant at trial, if this case is not dismissed first.
    Sensational mass shootings are statistically insignificant. The vast majority of murders are drug dealers and gang members shooting each other, often with illegally acquired guns.
    Regarding what constitutes "substantial" gun violence, that's open to interpretation, but statistically relevant numbers of murders won't be prevented by infringing on huge numbers of young adults' rights.

  10. #50
    Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanks
    650

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    No they don't. They get their money from their masters, not from membership subs and discount insurances.
    No, they don't. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
    Claiming the NRA are shills for the gun industry makes as much sense as claiming the ACLU are shills for the porn industry. They are both civil rights advocacy organizations whose mission is to defend part of the Bill of Rights. Neither is supported by an industry. Those claiming otherwise are lying. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NC files lawsuit against the federal government
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 9th May 2016, 11:53 PM
  2. Jerry Springer files lawsuit against Trump and RNC...
    By NightSwimmer in forum Political Humor
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th March 2016, 08:48 AM
  3. Jesus Christ Files Lawsuit Against GOP For Slander
    By Inkslinger in forum Political Humor
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 6th September 2011, 01:29 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed