Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
Thanks Tree19Thanks

Thread: Garden To Give

  1. #11
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    56,207
    Thanks
    32245

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    We have a backyard. The wife has some things growing in pots and in the ground out there, mostly flowers. Nothing serious though. We have been thinking of maybe try to grow some mandarin trees out there lol

    Then, I'd feel like back in my homeland, in Abkhazia, everyone grows mandarins over there, all over the place, Abkhaz mandarins are prized in Russia


    Not sure if the climate here would ever be right for them though...
    My ultimate lusted after item is a greenhouse. Something pretty I can sit in, but that let's me grow figs and tomatoes in February.

    And I will eventually get what I want.......I am very good at working all the angles.

    Are you on Pinterest, sir? My gardening boards there must have 10,001 ideas, lol.

    http://www.Pinterest.com
    Thanks from The Man

  2. #12
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    37,756
    Thanks
    22577

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    My ultimate lusted after item is a greenhouse. Something pretty I can sit in, but that let's me grow figs and tomatoes in February.

    And I will eventually get what I want.......I am very good at working all the angles.

    Are you on Pinterest, sir? My gardening boards there must have 10,001 ideas, lol.
    No, I don't really use social networks. Used to be on Facebook, but haven't been for about two years already (got sick of all my Russian-speaking "friends" flame warring about Crimea and Ukraine every damn day, including on my own page/"wall"...)

    Otherwise, pretty PH is my only real online outlet
    Thanks from Madeline

  3. #13
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    56,207
    Thanks
    32245

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    No, I don't really use social networks. Used to be on Facebook, but haven't been for about two years already (got sick of all my Russian-speaking "friends" flame warring about Crimea and Ukraine every damn day, including on my own page/"wall"...)

    Otherwise, pretty PH is my only real online outlet
    Pinterest is not a social network. It's a collection of millions of photos, with the article attached, on subjects like Gardening, DIY, Home Decor, etc.

    It's a gigantic time suck, but a very pleasant one that pays off in more creative ideas at my house.

    Mrs. The Man would probably like it.
    Thanks from The Man

  4. #14
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    37,756
    Thanks
    22577

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Pinterest is not a social network. It's a collection of millions of photos, with the article attached, on subjects like Gardening, DIY, Home Decor, etc.

    It's a gigantic time suck, but a very pleasant one that pays off in more creative ideas at my house.

    Mrs. The Man would probably like it.
    She does use it, apparently, as turns out lol
    Thanks from Madeline

  5. #15
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22,706
    Thanks
    13777

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    We have a backyard. The wife has some things growing in pots and in the ground out there, mostly flowers. Nothing serious though. We have been thinking of maybe try to grow some mandarin trees out there lol

    Then, I'd feel like back in my homeland, in Abkhazia, everyone grows mandarins over there, all over the place, Abkhaz mandarins are prized in Russia


    Not sure if the climate here would ever be right for them though...
    It's hard to grow citrus here, but I have seen palm trees, they are not exactly "thriving," but somehow they seem to hang in there.

    Very rare to see a palm tree at this latitude though, but perhaps global warming will change that.

    Thx
    Thanks from The Man and Madeline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. A Garden That Can Kill
    By Babba in forum Science and Technology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 5th October 2014, 05:52 AM
  2. I never promised you a Rose Garden.
    By Liberal Doses in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2nd October 2013, 09:29 PM
  3. Leaving The Garden
    By Spooky in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21st April 2011, 01:23 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed