Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71
Thanks Tree30Thanks

Thread: Man gives birth

  1. #21
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    12,858
    Thanks
    3132

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Yet
    Mr. man,

    Yet, what?

  2. #22
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    12,858
    Thanks
    3132

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    Ad hominem? Because I referred to what you just did? I mean, I guess that's to the person, but is your behavior in this thread off limits now? Or are you confusing ad hominem with some other Latin debate phrase you don't know the definition of very well.

    If a woman said she was a "former brunette" would you jump in to clarify that "No, genetically you are still a brunette"? Probably you would. And that's a good analogy to what you're doing here. Clarifying that someone's turn of phrase is not literally correct, even though no one means to suggest that it is.

    Sorry to ruin your premise.
    Mr. Stan,

    No, ad hominem because you chose to insult me rather than debate me.

    Kinda par for you, wot?

  3. #23
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    12,858
    Thanks
    3132

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by ProgressivePatriot View Post
    Some of us do indeed believe in science and reality, instead of taking a complex issue and dumbing it down to sound bites and talking points based on concrete absolutes . Now here is some science for you:

    Theories of the Causes of Transsexualism

    The Transgender Brain | Transas City
    Mr. patriot,

    Terrific. Now perhaps you could present a study relevant to this line of discussion. You know, one that says it is possible for a man to gestate a child.

  4. #24
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,489
    Thanks
    10904

    From
    Work
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Stan,

    No, ad hominem because you chose to insult me rather than debate me.

    Kinda par for you, wot?
    Well you lost me there. You were insulted by me saying that you feel compelled to clarify what everyone knows? Well maybe you just do it even without feeling compelled. Is that better?

    I've been countering your argument this whole time, and you're apparently paralyzed by it because you haven't come up with any response except vague accusations that you've been insulted. I'll try YET AGAIN.

    Do you agree that everyone understands that people can't change their genes, and that's not what people are talking about when they say "former woman"? Or do you disagree?
    Last edited by StanStill; 5th April 2018 at 11:26 AM.

  5. #25
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    37,903
    Thanks
    22765

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. man,

    Yet, what?
    Not YET possible for a man to give birth.

    I have no idea what the future might bring

    40 years ago, the Internet was science fiction. The computer designed specially for the Apollo moon missions, the most advanced, most powerful machine of its time, has a small fraction of the computing power of the average smartphone today. Transplantation of human organs used to be impossible. Cloning, only developed since the 90s (Dolly the Sheep, etc).

    I could go on and on.

    No way to predict what the world will be like, a few decades from now... It even scares me a bit, sometimes. That, one day, I may find myself feeling like the 80 year old grandpa today, trying to use his grandkid's iPad...

  6. #26
    Voice of Reason ProgressivePatriot's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,796
    Thanks
    1159

    From
    The liberal commie infested, queer loving north east USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. patriot,

    Terrific. Now perhaps you could present a study relevant to this line of discussion. You know, one that says it is possible for a man to gestate a child.
    First of all, I was responding to your insinuation that you are the one who believes in science as opposed to those of us who take a more thoughtful approach to transsexuality. I then presented you with actual science that - if you had read it ( which you could not have done in the 3 minutes that it took you to respond) -would understand that it is a rather complex issue.

    However, instead of dealing with my post, you move the goal posts and try to make it about "a man giving birth. Just more dumbing it down. The point is that this person is in transition and not entirely a man or a woman on the biological level, while identifying as a man and yes GAVE BIRTH. Those are facts

    This science -if you were interested and you clearly are not- would tell you that many if not all trans people are not clearly male or female right from the beginning. So, no, I'm not going to play your idiotic game by trying to answer your ridiculous question.

  7. #27
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    12,858
    Thanks
    3132

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by ProgressivePatriot View Post
    First of all, I was responding to your insinuation that you are the one who believes in science as opposed to those of us who take a more thoughtful approach to transsexuality. I then presented you with actual science that - if you had read it ( which you could not have done in the 3 minutes that it took you to respond) -would understand that it is a rather complex issue.

    However, instead of dealing with my post, you move the goal posts and try to make it about "a man giving birth. Just more dumbing it down. The point is that this person is in transition and not entirely a man or a woman on the biological level, while identifying as a man and yes GAVE BIRTH. Those are facts

    This science -if you were interested and you clearly are not- would tell you that many if not all trans people are not clearly male or female right from the beginning. So, no, I'm not going to play your idiotic game by trying to answer your ridiculous question.
    Mr. Patriot,

    Terrific. Thank you for agreeing with me that the title of this thread should be "woman pretending to be a man gives birth."

  8. #28
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    12,858
    Thanks
    3132

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    Well you lost me there. You were insulted by me saying that you feel compelled to clarify what everyone knows? Well maybe you just do it even without feeling compelled. Is that better?

    I've been countering your argument this whole time, and you're apparently paralyzed by it because you haven't come up with any response except vague accusations that you've been insulted. I'll try YET AGAIN.

    Do you agree that everyone understands that people can't change their genes, and that's not what people are talking about when they say "former woman"? Or do you disagree?
    Mr. Stan,

    Where have you countered my argument except by dishonest debate, which again, is par for you.

    And the only way you can have a former woman is if she is dead meat.

  9. #29
    Voice of Reason ProgressivePatriot's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,796
    Thanks
    1159

    From
    The liberal commie infested, queer loving north east USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Patriot,

    Terrific. Thank you for agreeing with me that the title of this thread should be "woman pretending to be a man gives birth."
    If that is the way that you're interpreting anything that I said, you clearly have a problem with comprehension. Still haven't read the articles that I posted.? Still amazingly incurious about the complexities of human sexuality and gender identity? Still prefer those well worn sound bites about a woman can never become a man? Apparently so. For my part, I prefer to actually learn and know what I'm talking about, rather than pretend to.

  10. #30
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,489
    Thanks
    10904

    From
    Work
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Stan,

    Where have you countered my argument except by dishonest debate, which again, is par for you.

    And the only way you can have a former woman is if she is dead meat.
    You wouldn't make a good poker player. Whenever you're cornered in a debate with nowhere to go, you accuse me of being a liar. I'm flattered, again. Thank you. I know why you don't answer my question, but I figure I'll give you another chance to dodge it:

    Given that everyone understands that people's genetic code is not being changed, do you understand that the term "former woman" is referring to changing something other than genetic makeup?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Birth of the Girthers
    By kmiller1610 in forum Political Humor
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 8th July 2012, 06:04 PM
  2. separated at birth
    By Matt Rumbolt in forum Political Humor
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 28th October 2011, 11:37 AM
  3. Birth control
    By Chief in forum Civil Rights
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12th November 2010, 03:20 PM
  4. The birth of christ & the birth of america are linked
    By dirtyp in forum Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23rd January 2009, 10:02 AM
  5. Who will actually get human re-birth?
    By dattaswami in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 14th June 2007, 06:14 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed