Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 291
Thanks Tree82Thanks

Thread: Propose a gun law, then discuss how your law would have stopped a past shooting.

  1. #31
    Populist Rabblerouser Ronin Tetsuro's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,162
    Thanks
    1025

    From
    Broadcast Depth
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    LOL


    How many lives have been spared since 1934 when the Nat'l firearms act took hand grenades off the gun store shelves?
    I claim 11 million lives. Prove me wrong.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Learn to debate.

  2. #32
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62,707
    Thanks
    19725

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Tetsuro View Post
    Do you have any idea how many times the media has erroneously claimed an AR15 was involved with a mass shooting?
    Many times they simply use AR15 when they should say AR15 clone.
    Big fucking deal!

  3. #33
    Going Nuclear- Daily Yetisports6 - Big Wave Champion, Bezerk Champion, All Ball Champion, Magic Gem Champion, Crystal Clear Champion, Flower Power Champion, Space Thieves TD Champion, X-treme Moto Idiot Cross Champion, Micro Tanks Champion, Race Horse Tycoon Champion, Railway Line Champion, Raju Meter 2 Champion, Metal Slug - Kill the Nazis Champion, Decoder Champion, 1 in 24 Speed v32  Champion Crusher's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    24,354
    Thanks
    7774

    From
    California
    I would have made concealed carry easier to obtain for law abiding citizens and remove "Gun Free Zones".

    It could have stopped some of the gun free attacks sooner. We may have still had some of the shootings, but the death tolls could have been far less.

  4. #34
    Retired Admin Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    86,127
    Thanks
    23417

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    That is crazy because AR15's are the weapon of choice in many mass killings because they are deigned for military use and fill no civilian need that counteracts their danger to us all.
    False. No military issues AR-15s.
    Thanks from Ronin Tetsuro and Crusher

  5. #35
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    26,008
    Thanks
    17200

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Tetsuro View Post
    How does legislation stop items from appearing on the black market? If your assertion is that shooters are drawn to a particular weapon type and loadout, how does legislation prevent them from getting that weapon on the grey or black market?

    If your argument seems like nonsense under the most basic scrutiny, that's not the fault of the person pointing it out.
    We do have to be wary of the black market in regulating firearms, but there are fundamental truths about arms dealing that don't apply to most other commodities, such as drugs.

    Namely, it is fundamentally true that every gun on the black market today was either stolen from a lawful owner or purchased legally on false pretenses.

    Those are pathways we can shut down with proper law enforcement.
    Thanks from Ronin Tetsuro, Devil505 and Friday13

  6. #36
    Populist Rabblerouser Ronin Tetsuro's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,162
    Thanks
    1025

    From
    Broadcast Depth
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Assault rifle is indeed a tricky definition, but there's no question that AR-15 is a military grade weapon.

    It was designed for an infantry engagement, to fire on as many targets as there are enemies present on the field at range, accurately, with as little recoil as possible, with as little time reloading and preparing the weapon as possible.

    Weapons which fit that definition, which were designed with that purpose ^ in mind, do not need to be sold to the general public, period.
    I don't disagree. However, the fetishization of the term "Assault Rifle" has a purpose akin to "Islamic Terrorism" in the West.

  7. #37
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62,707
    Thanks
    19725

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Tetsuro View Post
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Learn to debate.

    Link to such a law and prove the claim is Extraordinary.

  8. #38
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    26,008
    Thanks
    17200

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    False. No military issues AR-15s.
    Kindly review the fundamental differences between AR-15 and the M-16 and M-4, other than the ability to fire in bursts or full-auto.

    Hint: There are very few, and it's quite straightforward to modify an AR-15 to fire in different modes.
    Thanks from Devil505 and Friday13

  9. #39
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62,707
    Thanks
    19725

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Tetsuro View Post
    I don't disagree. However, the fetishization of the term "Assault Rifle" has a purpose akin to "Islamic Terrorism" in the West.
    How about any firearm capable of shooting hundreds of people in a few minutes should be classified as a military weapon and not be sold to the public?

  10. #40
    Populist Rabblerouser Ronin Tetsuro's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,162
    Thanks
    1025

    From
    Broadcast Depth
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Those are pathways we can shut down with proper law enforcement.
    Ah yes, the biggest caveat of the gun legislation debate: That it is perfectly acceptable and plausible to make sure the WORST mass shooters in American history keep their guns. Moreover; that we should enable their no-knock raid culture to seize the remaining guns without due process or repercussion and just hope that what is already happening to innocent civilians nationwide doesn't turn into a killing spree coast to coast. Which of course it will.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to propose like a man!
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21st April 2015, 07:24 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed