Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 291
Thanks Tree82Thanks

Thread: Propose a gun law, then discuss how your law would have stopped a past shooting.

  1. #61
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    64,177
    Thanks
    20887

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Tetsuro View Post
    How does legislation stop items from appearing on the black market? If your assertion is that shooters are drawn to a particular weapon type and loadout, how does legislation prevent them from getting that weapon on the grey or black market?
    Your argument about the black market is a specious one as not a single massacre in this country resulted from anything not purchased legally.
    We evidently don't want to inconvenience mass murderers by making it hard for them to buy their slaughter weapons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Tetsuro View Post
    If your argument seems like nonsense under the most basic scrutiny, that's not the fault of the person pointing it out.
    Inults are not arguments and your opinions are not facts.
    Last edited by Devil505; 11th April 2018 at 07:59 AM.

  2. #62
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40,023
    Thanks
    4367

    From
    NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Davocrat View Post
    No single gun law is going to stop a shooting. And gun lawS by themselves won't either.

    Part of the problem is Americans have fetishized firearms. Just look at your stupid avatar. Half the time we hear about how AR15s aren't assault rifles and they are not as lethal as other less military-style rifles. Yet it's your symbol here.

    Too many angry Americans see firearms as a fairly likely-to-use tool in their lives for one thing. Younger angry American's—like my former neighbor kid who told classmates he was going to shoot up the school (he didn't)—want the meanest, most powerful looking weapons they can get, even if they're not really assault weapons.

    In short, America is fucked up and we need to change this.

    A continual vilification and bad-mouthing of the firearm fetish is a great way forward and part of that is getting Americans to say, "Holy shit, of course we'll outlaw _____" as a bigger package of prohibitions.



    I am not surprised that you would think berating, insulting, and attacking law abiding gun owners is a legitimate way to get what you want. What I'm asking for here is what laws you would suggest that would potentially reduce the number of mass shootings, I said nothing about eliminating. I want to see what you all feel are "common sense gun laws" based on what you think we could have done to have stopped the previous shootings. Not what you get off on when describing us law abiding gun owners, nor my avatar, nor the capability of the AR15....



    You are right thought, we have an american culture of violence, and taking away guns won't change that.



    I've made no apologies for the design or purpose of the AR15 so you can whine about my avatar all you want, your barking up the wrong tree, dawg. The message in it, stands.

  3. #63
    Populist Rabblerouser Ronin Tetsuro's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,172
    Thanks
    1036

    From
    Broadcast Depth
    Quote Originally Posted by Davocrat View Post
    Now, there's also the Darwinian approach. Let Americans have all the guns they can get.

    A few hundred funerals and amputations later and we'll have some gun control.
    It's funny how Americans only care about the value of life when it's in service of imposing their political ideology on others.
    Thanks from Davocrat

  4. #64
    Populist Rabblerouser Ronin Tetsuro's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,172
    Thanks
    1036

    From
    Broadcast Depth
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Inults are not arguments and your opinions are not facts.
    Says the guy that just said 11 million were saved by banning hand grenades. Okay, guy.

  5. #65
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40,023
    Thanks
    4367

    From
    NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Davocrat View Post
    Now, there's also the Darwinian approach. Let Americans have all the guns they can get.

    A few hundred funerals and amputations later and we'll have some gun control.



    You have a pretty sick view of the world to think that would happen.


    You do realize here in this country we all can buy guns, so we can already pretty much "have all the guns we want" and your doom and gloom has not happened.


    "hoggmate"? That sounds pretty creepy and sick btw, bro.

  6. #66
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    64,177
    Thanks
    20887

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Tetsuro View Post
    Says the guy that just said 11 million were saved by banning hand grenades. Okay, guy.
    It's exactly 11,456,238 lives saved.

  7. #67
    Populist Rabblerouser Ronin Tetsuro's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,172
    Thanks
    1036

    From
    Broadcast Depth
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    You have a pretty sick view of the world to think that would happen.


    You do realize here in this country we all can buy guns, so we can already pretty much "have all the guns we want" and your doom and gloom has not happened.


    "hoggmate"? That sounds pretty creepy and sick btw, bro.
    I have a gun and I would never point it any anyone that hasn't presented a mortal threat to myself or those close to me.

  8. #68
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    64,177
    Thanks
    20887

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Tetsuro View Post
    I have a gun and I would never point it any anyone that hasn't presented a mortal threat to myself or those close to me.
    I have carried a gun most of my adult life with the DEA.
    The argument that all guns are the same is simply NRA bs by attempting to conflate banning assault rifles with disarming us all.

    I never needed more than a pistol and a shotgun to affect many arrests and serve many search warrants.
    I doubt most civilians need more firepower than I had to defend themselves.

  9. #69
    Populist Rabblerouser Ronin Tetsuro's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,172
    Thanks
    1036

    From
    Broadcast Depth
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I have carried a gun most of my adult life with the DEA.
    The argument that all guns are the same is simply NRA bs by attempting to conflate banning assault rifles with disarming us all.

    I never needed more than a pistol and a shotgun to affect many arrests and serve many search warrants.
    I doubt most civilians need more firepower than I had to defend themselves.
    We don't disagree on these surprisingly sane and non-shrill points.

  10. #70
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,587
    Thanks
    213

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    Propose a gun law, then discuss how your law would have stopped a past shooting. ...
    After world war 2 Germany made some new laws and one result of this laws was it that in 1975 was no war between Scandinavia and Germany. So what are you really asking? The good deed is invisible. A war or a shooting which is not happening is not happening. Even a complete reunion is able to be made without any shot. But a bad result is everyone able to be seen. You are able to see in the USA everywhere the bad results of the not existing weapon laws. To think to produce more weapons and to sell/buy more weapons will reduce the number of killed and wounded persons with firearms is just simple wrong. Today in the USA die 150 times (15000%) more people because of firearms than in Germany for example. And every time it happens a shooting again we start to discuss again and change again the rules, laws and control in context with weapons. And what is the USA doing? Less than nothing. If "you" will continue to do less than nothing then in 2050 will die every year about 100,000 citizens of the USA because of firearms.

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 11th April 2018 at 09:04 AM.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to propose like a man!
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21st April 2015, 07:24 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed