Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 219
Thanks Tree123Thanks

Thread: Trump Calls Comey ‘Untruthful Slime Ball’ as Book Details Released

  1. #61
    Veteran Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    25,046
    Thanks
    24092

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Comey announced that an investigation of Clinton was reopened the week before the election. Diehard Clinton supporters saw that as a move against her... not for her.
    Not just diehard Clinton supporters. Even Comey makes the excuse that he believed she had won, or he might not have done it!
    Thanks from Friday13

  2. #62
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40,023
    Thanks
    4367

    From
    NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Have always liked/respected Comey. Will probably buy/read his book.


    And i really, really wish The Donald would put away his tweeter.....



    I have no respect for him after he didn't reccomend prosecution for Hillart after she CLEARLY broke 3 different federal laws on "storage and dissemination of classified materials". it was unprecedented for an fbi director to make reccomendations, and there was a clear violation that you or I would be sent to prison for,

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,227
    Thanks
    8225

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    ***sigh***


    Donald trump is a boorish vulgar man who has no understanding of our constitutional government. I disagree with most of his policies and positions, agree with some.


    Here is a list of a few things I disagree with him on:


    1. Reinstated Clintons 1033 program giving police tanks.
    2. Sessions recent anouncement on enforcing federal marijuana rules.
    3. his support for single payer (yes thats actually what he supports)
    4. failure to pull us out of foreign conflicts.
    5. failure to truly overhaul the tax system
    6. failure to repeal and replace obamacare
    7. hes far too statist/populist
    8. his tweets are usually dumb. Some are very entertaining but usually they are cringe worthy
    9. I am against the wall, instead dry up benefits upon illegal entry
    10. against his infrastructure plan
    11. I am against his pro-affirmative action stance
    12. I am against stop and frisk, he is for it.
    13. I am against his pro-prison stance
    14. I am against his strong pro eminent domain views.
    15. I am against paid family leave
    16. against his view on cuba
    17. I am against much of his import tax views
    18. I am against the f-35 jet program
    19. His travel ban forgets saudi arabia and other countries that should be on it.
    20. he's for the patriot act, I am not.
    21. hes for a higher minimum wage, I am for what the market bears,




    The fact that I point out your love/hate relationship with comey does not make me a trump supporter. I take people less seriously when they reduce themselves to belly aching that people who don't jump on every anti-trump story as "donny lovers".

    And yet you incessantly defend his fuckery and dipshittery at every turn, not matter how fucking scummy it may be. Everything he does, such as calling people names on Twitter, while making shit up about them, you defend.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    65,477
    Thanks
    37031

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2016/01/08/polit...016/index.html


    "On June 16, 2011, top Clinton aide Jake Sullivan wrote to Clinton to say she would get "tps" -- presumably short for "talking points" that evening. The subject of the email is redacted so it's not clear what topic these points covered.
    The next morning, Clinton wrote back to say she hadn't received them yet, and after a few minutes Sullivan responded that staff were having issues sending the document in a secure fax but that they were "working on it."
    "If they can't," Clinton replies, "turn into nonpaper w no identifying heading and send nonsecure."


    Now, I'm not the director of FBI or anything but I think you have 2 problems here.


    1. intent is not indicated in the laws she broke. the three laws make it your responsibility, you can't just say "oops" on storing and disseminating classified materials and not face consequences.


    2. The paragraph above shows, however "intent", she directed an aide to remove the classification markings and send "nonsecure" (this is illegal, and she clearly knew it hence the request to strip classification headings".


    Would you like the relevant laws?
    No, but I'm also not going to second-guess someone who understands the law and the evidence better than I can. Remember, in a courtroom, defendants can provide arguments in their own defense too, and prosecutors have to take account of those likely defenses. If the only evidence and argument that happen in court rooms came from prosecutors, every defendant would be convicted.

  5. #65
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40,023
    Thanks
    4367

    From
    NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    And yet you incessantly defend his fuckery and dipshittery at every turn, not matter how fucking scummy it may be. Everything he does, such as calling people names on Twitter, while making shit up about them, you defend.



    Why lie? don't you have any self respect?

  6. #66
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    31,349
    Thanks
    19506

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Not just diehard Clinton supporters. Even Comey makes the excuse that he believed she had won, or he might not have done it!
    Have a citation for that?

    Seems like a silly thing for him to have ever said out loud....

  7. #67
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    65,477
    Thanks
    37031

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    if he was "opposed to law breaking" he would not have given a recommendation either way and handed the evidence over to the AG.
    Except that isn't the procedure at the DOJ, is it? The call was his to make and he made it. You simply can't make a credible argument that he's corrupt, and his career as a whole suggests he isn't incompetent.

  8. #68
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    35,146
    Thanks
    27865

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    Comey is both, the pass he gave hillary should make us all shudder at the "one law for them" mentality of the ruling class.
    Whats stopping trump and the republican congress from opening another investigation?

  9. #69
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40,023
    Thanks
    4367

    From
    NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    No, but I'm also not going to second-guess someone who understands the law and the evidence better than I can. Remember, in a courtroom, defendants can provide arguments in their own defense too, and prosecutors have to take account of those likely defenses. If the only evidence and argument that happen in court rooms came from prosecutors, every defendant would be convicted.



    Well then the AG should have made that determination. she CLEARLY violated 3 federal laws I am VERY familiar with. that one exchange alone would have put you or I away for up to 10 years.



    Which is the more nefarious act?


    taking a picture inside a submarine or directing people to remove classification markings and send nonsecure, as well as storing, viewing, and disseminating classified information outside a SCIF as per federal law AS THE SECSTATE?


    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-pardon-450484

  10. #70
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40,023
    Thanks
    4367

    From
    NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Except that isn't the procedure at the DOJ, is it? The call was his to make and he made it. You simply can't make a credible argument that he's corrupt, and his career as a whole suggests he isn't incompetent.



    Sure I can based on what she directed the aide to do. Are you suggesting the SECSTATE was ignorant that what she was asking was illegal?

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LOL! Wolff book about TRUMP being released early.
    By cpicturetaker12 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 4th January 2018, 03:20 PM
  2. Sandy Hook details released, case closed
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 5th December 2013, 12:05 PM
  3. Details of Obama's upcoming trip to U.P. released
    By Granite in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 9th February 2011, 10:46 AM
  4. Sarah Palin's New Book To Be Released Will it Help Her Now- Yes or No....
    By Midwest Media Critic in forum Opinion Polls
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 28th November 2010, 01:21 PM
  5. Bush's Book Released.
    By Midwest Media Critic in forum Current Events
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 14th November 2010, 04:37 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed