Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 97
Thanks Tree32Thanks

Thread: Majorities back investigations of Trump from Russia to alleged hush money (POLL)

  1. #11
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40,023
    Thanks
    4367

    From
    NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    As of the first week of March this year 23% of Americans identify as Republican, 29% Democrats and 45% Independents. That would explain the breakdown of how they poll.

    Party Affiliation | Gallup Historical Trends




    Wow, cherry pick much?


    read the previous numbers, it fluctuates. something you don't see in the polls in question.



    If what you say is true, can you show me a poll between feb 1-10 that shows a slight republican majority polled?

  2. #12
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    68,611
    Thanks
    50515

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    Wow, cherry pick much?


    read the previous numbers, it fluctuates. something you don't see in the polls in question.



    If what you say is true, can you show me a poll between feb 1-10 that shows a slight republican majority polled?
    Any way you look at it, more people lean to the left than to the right.

    A Deep Dive Into Party Affiliation | Pew Research Center
    Thanks from DemoWhip

  3. #13
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40,023
    Thanks
    4367

    From
    NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    Any way you look at it, more people lean to the left than to the right.

    A Deep Dive Into Party Affiliation | Pew Research Center



    Keep trying babba, there is no justification for salting polls democrat.

  4. #14
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    27,405
    Thanks
    18676

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    The left wing media constantly over polls democrats. you should have learned your lesson after all the polls got the election wrong.

    You miss the point that by skewing the poll in favor of democrats you don't get accurate results.
    They didn't, actually. 1-3 percentage point error is statistically insignificant. On election day, Clinton was projected to beat Trump by about four points by most poll aggregates.

    I think RealClearPolitics, the best one, had her winning by 3 and change. Instead, she "won" by 2.1 percent.

    Credible pollsters don't project a winner in advance for this very reason, only percentages and probabilities.
    Thanks from BitterPill and Babba

  5. #15
    Established Member
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,293
    Thanks
    1427

    From
    The cloud
    More fake news....perfect ~~~rolleyes~~~

  6. #16
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    27,405
    Thanks
    18676

    From
    Kansas
    I remain convinced that had Comey kept his fucking mouth shut until he had a duly appointed U.S. Attorney ready to indict someone, or the cooperation with a grand jury via other means — something he was more or less expected to do by longstanding practice and Justice Department policy — then Clinton would've won, barely, outright. She had the ability to withstand the media grossly overselling the raw data as locked in her favor, something it absolutely didn't indicate. She had the ability to withstand an arrogant and poorly led campaign staff which tried to run up the score in a polarized nation. She had the ability to withstand what, by any definition, is a pathetically dated and pointless debate schedule which gives campaigns almost a full month to recover from bad performances (debates in other nations are explicitly designed to push undecided voters to the publicly perceived "winner" at the end of the campaign season, and we should emulate that). She had the ability to withstand even Comey's shenanigans. But not all four, while being not a very good candidate on her own personal merits.

    So here we are.
    Thanks from Babba

  7. #17
    Veteran Member EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,209
    Thanks
    10088

    From
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    As of the first week of March this year 23% of Americans identify as Republican, 29% Democrats and 45% Independents. That would explain the breakdown of how they poll.

    Party Affiliation | Gallup Historical Trends
    What amazes me about those numbers are the politicians that don't seem to understand there are so many independent voters. I say "independent voters" because I can't vote as an independent in my state of Indiana in the primaries. I have to declare republican or democrat when I vote then. When I vote republican in the primaries I get all kinds of partisan junk mail from the republicans and vice versa bad mouthing the candidates on the other side of the aisle.

    That said, I will probably never vote republican again I am so disgusted at the GOP for enabling Trump and becoming a party of hatred, intolerance, and insensitivity of the needs the poor and minorities.

  8. #18
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    49,965
    Thanks
    15063

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    Most "independents" are democrats. so you have a poll heavily skewed to the left. They did it during the election, and look what happened. Those are facts, facts you guys refuse to learn from.
    You are full of shit, most independents are ex republicans so embarrassed by the idiots that party elects that they now call themselves independent to save face.
    Thanks from OHjulie, Friday13 and DemoWhip

  9. #19
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40,023
    Thanks
    4367

    From
    NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    They didn't, actually. 1-3 percentage point error is statistically insignificant. On election day, Clinton was projected to beat Trump by about four points by most poll aggregates.

    I think RealClearPolitics, the best one, had her winning by 3 and change. Instead, she "won" by 2.1 percent.

    Credible pollsters don't project a winner in advance for this very reason, only percentages and probabilities.



    That is one hell of some revisionist history.


    What information were these people basing their glee on?


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mYVi7WHyiU



    the polls consistantly had hillary winning, .

  10. #20
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40,023
    Thanks
    4367

    From
    NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
    You are full of shit, most independents are ex republicans so embarrassed by the idiots that party elects that they now call themselves independent to save face.


    5 facts about America?s political independents | Pew Research Center


    "When the partisan leanings of independents were taken into account, 48% either identified as Democrats or leaned Democratic; 39% identified as Republicans or leaned Republican"


    oh those pesky facts.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 168
    Last Post: 29th January 2018, 02:44 PM
  2. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 19th January 2018, 08:11 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th November 2016, 10:29 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed