Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36
Thanks Tree22Thanks

Thread: Trump, Mueller teams prepare to move forward without presidential interview

  1. #31
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14,242
    Thanks
    11770

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by MeBelle View Post
    WASHINGTON — Special counsel Robert Mueller’s office and President Donald Trump’s legal team are now proceeding with strategies that presume a presidential interview will likely not take place as part of the Russia investigation, after months of talks between the two sides collapsed earlier this week, according to multiple people familiar with the matter.




    On Monday Trump’s lawyers were discussing a possible interview with Mueller's team and had begun to hash out the final sticking points, including the timing, scope and length, according to people familiar with the discussions. One person familiar with the strategy said the president’s lawyers had sought over the weekend to expand his legal team to include individuals who would prepare him for an interview. Another person familiar with the matter, however, said preparations had not yet gone that far.
    But the prospects for a presidential interview drastically dimmed once the FBI raided the home, office and hotel room of Trump’s long-time personal lawyer, Michael Cohen on Monday, these people said. The president criticized the raid as out of bounds in Mueller’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election and possible collusion with Trump aides.



    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...erview-n865421


    Wonder why?????????????
    If the Mueller investigation is a big "nothing burger" then why all the need for lawyers and deals and working things out? Why not just let Mueller complete his work and exonerate Trump, if Trump is telling the truth about it being a "nothing burger".

    I'm interested to know how Trump and his supporters might suggest Trump and company have exemplified the virtue of honesty to the point that anyone should believe them and Trump's life record and history, over those Trump and company have been calling witch hunters?

    Try to find this story below on the Trump regime's "state news" channel, FOX News.....

    "A majority of Americans finds James Comey more ‘believable’ than Trump: Poll"
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...mey-more-beli/


    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-times/





    (Dean): "I think that there's no doubt about the seriousness of the problem we've got. We have a cancer within-close to the presidency, that's growing. It's growing daily. It's compounding. It grows geometrically now, because it compounds itself. That'll be clear as I explain, you know, some of the details of why it is, and it basically is because, one, we're being blackmailed; two, people are going to start perjuring themselves very quickly that have not had to perjure themselves to protect other people and the like. And that is just . . . and there is no assurance-"
    https://millercenter.org/the-preside...the-presidency
    Last edited by KnotaFrayed; 15th April 2018 at 10:14 AM.
    Thanks from the watchman and Mister B

  2. #32
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    36,114
    Thanks
    33541

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    The best analysis I've seen, to paraphrase:

    Mueller is not an idiot. In pushing SDNY to conduct this raid, he knew he was burning a bridge. But he doesn't care, and there are only three explanations:

    1) The case against Trump is already so ironclad, there is no need to interview him
    2) The case is still in development, but Mueller is sure SDNY will get fully incriminating information out of the shield of atty-client privilege (because its proves a criminal conspiracy between Trump and his lawyer, which is not protected).
    3) Mueller is uncertain what he can PROVE, but is certain Trump will provoke a constitutional crisis sooner or later, and for practical reasons it needs to happen in an election year. The primary purpose of the raid, while it will uncover some criminality, is thus to provoke Trump.

    1) There is no evidence to indicate that serving these search warrants was in any way "pushed" by Mueller.
    2) Your option #3 is pure, unadulterated conspiracy theory.

  3. #33
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    26,076
    Thanks
    17245

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    1) There is no evidence to indicate that serving these search warrants was in any way "pushed" by Mueller.
    2) Your option #3 is pure, unadulterated conspiracy theory.
    I dunno. Michael Cohen has been a sleazeball attorney in New York for years. SDNY did not subject him to this kind of scrutiny until Mueller requested they take over this aspect of the investigation. We won't know what exactly he asked them to do and how much was their own decisionmaking for some time. Otherwise, you're correct, the warrant and search team happened on SDNY's initiative.

    As for No. 3, I don't think Mueller is conspiring with anyone. I merely suspect he's well aware that if a constitutional crisis — a firing of either him or Rosenstein — is inevitable, it needs to happen this year.

  4. #34
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    36,114
    Thanks
    33541

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I dunno. Michael Cohen has been a sleazeball attorney in New York for years. SDNY did not subject him to this kind of scrutiny until Mueller requested they take over this aspect of the investigation. We won't know what exactly he asked them to do and how much was their own decisionmaking for some time. Otherwise, you're correct, the warrant and search team happened on SDNY's initiative.

    We now know that SDNY had been investigating Cohen for months, and had received warrants to place his communications under surveillance. This case isn't even being handled by one of Mueller's grand juries. You're smart enough to know that Mueller has no authority to "request that they take over the investigation", and yet, you keep repeating that falsehood.

    Why? Is it because your conspiracy theory doesn't hold water unless you lie about the publicly known facts of the case?

  5. #35
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    26,076
    Thanks
    17245

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    We now know that SDNY had been investigating Cohen for months, and had received warrants to place his communications under surveillance. This case isn't even being handled by one of Mueller's grand juries. You're smart enough to know that Mueller has no authority to "request that they take over the investigation", and yet, you keep repeating that falsehood.

    Why? Is it because your conspiracy theory doesn't hold water unless you lie about the publicly known facts of the case?
    1) You don't know when Mueller began communicating with SDNY on this issue, just when the D.C. office (which is Mueller for all intents and purposes) referred the matter officially.

    2) I've not accused anybody of conspiring with anyone, so stuff your accusations of any "lie" until you check your facts or develop better reading comprehension, whatever works for you.

  6. #36
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    36,114
    Thanks
    33541

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    1) You don't know when Mueller began communicating with SDNY on this issue, just when the D.C. office (which is Mueller for all intents and purposes) referred the matter officially.

    2) I've not accused anybody of conspiring with anyone, so stuff your accusations of any "lie" until you check your facts or develop better reading comprehension, whatever works for you.

    Just the facts has always worked pretty well for me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23rd March 2018, 05:01 AM
  2. in two weeks Trump says he'll interview with Mueller under oath
    By the watchman in forum Current Events
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 25th January 2018, 08:40 AM
  3. Trump refuses to commit to Mueller interview
    By HayJenn in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11th January 2018, 04:42 AM
  4. Mueller is likely to seek interview with Trump
    By HayJenn in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 9th January 2018, 07:54 PM
  5. Warren Buffet says we can move forward with Trump
    By Spookycolt in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31st August 2017, 03:22 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed