Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
Thanks Tree22Thanks

Thread: Trump, Mueller teams prepare to move forward without presidential interview

  1. #1
    Moderator MeBelle's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    9,412
    Thanks
    3342

    From
    San Fran

    Trump, Mueller teams prepare to move forward without presidential interview

    WASHINGTON ó Special counsel Robert Muellerís office and President Donald Trumpís legal team are now proceeding with strategies that presume a presidential interview will likely not take place as part of the Russia investigation, after months of talks between the two sides collapsed earlier this week, according to multiple people familiar with the matter.




    On Monday Trumpís lawyers were discussing a possible interview with Mueller's team and had begun to hash out the final sticking points, including the timing, scope and length, according to people familiar with the discussions. One person familiar with the strategy said the presidentís lawyers had sought over the weekend to expand his legal team to include individuals who would prepare him for an interview. Another person familiar with the matter, however, said preparations had not yet gone that far.
    But the prospects for a presidential interview drastically dimmed once the FBI raided the home, office and hotel room of Trumpís long-time personal lawyer, Michael Cohen on Monday, these people said. The president criticized the raid as out of bounds in Muellerís investigation into Russiaís interference in the 2016 election and possible collusion with Trump aides.



    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...erview-n865421


    Wonder why?????????????

  2. #2
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,313
    Thanks
    4317

    From
    U.S.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeBelle View Post
    WASHINGTON ó Special counsel Robert Muellerís office and President Donald Trumpís legal team are now proceeding with strategies that presume a presidential interview will likely not take place as part of the Russia investigation, after months of talks between the two sides collapsed earlier this week, according to multiple people familiar with the matter.




    On Monday Trumpís lawyers were discussing a possible interview with Mueller's team and had begun to hash out the final sticking points, including the timing, scope and length, according to people familiar with the discussions. One person familiar with the strategy said the presidentís lawyers had sought over the weekend to expand his legal team to include individuals who would prepare him for an interview. Another person familiar with the matter, however, said preparations had not yet gone that far.
    But the prospects for a presidential interview drastically dimmed once the FBI raided the home, office and hotel room of Trumpís long-time personal lawyer, Michael Cohen on Monday, these people said. The president criticized the raid as out of bounds in Muellerís investigation into Russiaís interference in the 2016 election and possible collusion with Trump aides.



    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...erview-n865421


    Wonder why?????????????
    Logical people know why.
    Whatever they prepared for an interview would have probably turned into perjury charges against team Trump.
    Pleading the 5th is in Trump's best interest at this point.
    Thanks from DebateDrone

  3. #3
    Undercovfefe Agents TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    83,855
    Thanks
    53323

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiocracat View Post
    Logical people know why.
    Whatever they prepared for an interview would have probably turned into perjury charges against team Trump.
    Pleading the 5th is in Trump's best interest at this point.
    Mueller's team knew Trump would never agree to an interview. They just wanted him to say it.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer

  4. #4
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,313
    Thanks
    4317

    From
    U.S.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    Mueller's team knew Trump would never agree to an interview. They just wanted him to say it.
    Yea, Trump played chicken with them and lost.
    Thanks from TennesseeRain, Babba and NightSwimmer

  5. #5
    Dick with my Buzz...Try DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    34,848
    Thanks
    29592

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiocracat View Post
    Logical people know why.
    Whatever they prepared for an interview would have probably turned into perjury charges against team Trump.
    Pleading the 5th is in Trump's best interest at this point.
    Trump's only hope is to plead the 5th and make the Special Prosecutor prove his crimes and misdemeanors.

    Trump's only play.
    Thanks from Idiocracat

  6. #6
    Dick with my Buzz...Try DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    34,848
    Thanks
    29592

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiocracat View Post
    Yea, Trump played chicken with them and lost.
    In the annals of crime history, the Trump crime family is a mut.

  7. #7
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    26,052
    Thanks
    17233

    From
    Kansas
    The best analysis I've seen, to paraphrase:

    Mueller is not an idiot. In pushing SDNY to conduct this raid, he knew he was burning a bridge. But he doesn't care, and there are only three explanations:

    1) The case against Trump is already so ironclad, there is no need to interview him
    2) The case is still in development, but Mueller is sure SDNY will get fully incriminating information out of the shield of atty-client privilege (because its proves a criminal conspiracy between Trump and his lawyer, which is not protected).
    3) Mueller is uncertain what he can PROVE, but is certain Trump will provoke a constitutional crisis sooner or later, and for practical reasons it needs to happen in an election year. The primary purpose of the raid, while it will uncover some criminality, is thus to provoke Trump.
    Thanks from Idiocracat and Mister B

  8. #8
    Moderator MeBelle's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    9,412
    Thanks
    3342

    From
    San Fran
    FOCUS!


    But the prospects for a presidential interview drastically dimmed once the FBI raided the home, office and hotel room of Trumpís long-time personal lawyer, Michael Cohen on Monday.



    The president criticized the raid as out of bounds in Muellerís investigation into Russiaís interference in the 2016 election and possible collusion with Trump aides.

  9. #9
    Undercovfefe Agents TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    83,855
    Thanks
    53323

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by MeBelle View Post
    FOCUS!


    But the prospects for a presidential interview drastically dimmed once the FBI raided the home, office and hotel room of Trump’s long-time personal lawyer, Michael Cohen on Monday.



    The president criticized the raid as out of bounds in Mueller’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election and possible collusion with Trump aides.
    FOCUS

    So, that's his excuse for not sitting for an interview that was never going to happen anyway.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer and boontito

  10. #10
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,313
    Thanks
    4317

    From
    U.S.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeBelle View Post
    FOCUS!


    But the prospects for a presidential interview drastically dimmed once the FBI raided the home, office and hotel room of Trump’s long-time personal lawyer, Michael Cohen on Monday.



    The president criticized the raid as out of bounds in Mueller’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election and possible collusion with Trump aides.
    What's your take?
    Thanks from MeBelle

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23rd March 2018, 05:01 AM
  2. in two weeks Trump says he'll interview with Mueller under oath
    By the watchman in forum Current Events
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 25th January 2018, 08:40 AM
  3. Trump refuses to commit to Mueller interview
    By HayJenn in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11th January 2018, 04:42 AM
  4. Mueller is likely to seek interview with Trump
    By HayJenn in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 9th January 2018, 07:54 PM
  5. Warren Buffet says we can move forward with Trump
    By Spookycolt in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31st August 2017, 03:22 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed