Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 381
Thanks Tree306Thanks

Thread: Cohen Hearing

  1. #61
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,210
    Thanks
    4648

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    Lying to the FBI is a sure possibility.
    Where did you read that Cohen has been charged for giving false statements to the FBI?

    Because I have not seen that.

  2. #62
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    18,891
    Thanks
    12952

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    No. By the book would mean that the President's communication with his lawyer was privileged. This farce to call him a "fixer" instead of the President's lawyer so as to dismiss the attorney/client privilege sounds like bullshit to me.
    I think lawyers are the best people to determine what is legal work and what is not and what conversations are prevlidged or not. Now I am hearing Hannity never paid Cohen and never signed an agreement with him. I don’t think after reviewing whatever was done for Hannity it will even qualify for Attorney/Client Privilege.

    Cohen and Hannity can’t even get there stories straight. Cohen presented Hannity as an active client to the court today.

    Something very fishy here because Cohen is presenting Hannity as a client for a reason yet Hannity is backing away from having a formal client/lawyer relationship and make no mistake for privilege to be in place their has to be compensation and/or a formal agreement.
    Last edited by Eve1; 16th April 2018 at 12:02 PM.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  3. #63
    Flibbertigibbet Wonderer's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    26,170
    Thanks
    17501

    From
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    But what crime is Cohen being accused of?

    As far as I know he hasn't been charged with anything. There is merely some attempt to go fishing into his communications with the President. Would you like it if your enemies could go through all your communications with your lawyer? I know I sure wouldn't...
    He hasn't been charged with anything yet. The warrant and raid would indicate he's being investigated for something - fraud, extortion perhaps.

    Andy McCarthy has a pretty thorough analysis of the situation here. Worth the read: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ril-for-trump/

  4. #64
    Established Member
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,293
    Thanks
    1427

    From
    The cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Mmmm, no
    Well why did you bring up the other Cohen's trip? The one NOT involved with the events today?

  5. #65
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    64,177
    Thanks
    20887

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Mueller and the Southern District are in the process of draining the real swamp that is Trump's government.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01 and Friday13

  6. #66
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,210
    Thanks
    4648

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    You are thinking of 'probable cause' as some concrete proof of wrong-doing. That is not the case.

    A ruling by a judge that a "substantial chance" or "fair probability" of criminal activity could establish probable cause.

    You want a judge to explain to you the "substantial chance" or "fair probability" of criminal activity?
    You do not know what I am thinking so don't pretend like you do.

    Like I said - I want to see what the so-called "probable cause" actually was to justify this search. And I don't want or need this judge to explain anything to me....
    Last edited by Jeremy; 16th April 2018 at 11:59 AM.

  7. #67
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,210
    Thanks
    4648

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    He hasn't been charged with anything yet. The warrant and raid would indicate he's being investigated for something - fraud, extortion perhaps.

    Andy McCarthy has a pretty thorough analysis of the situation here. Worth the read: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ril-for-trump/
    That's why I want to see what this "probable cause" was. Because if you are going to violate someone's fourth amendment rights you should need a good reason to. Otherwise the fourth amendment may as well not even exist.

  8. #68
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    38,856
    Thanks
    37042

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    But what crime is Cohen being accused of?
    You'll have to wait and see, just as you would in any other criminal investigation. Prosecutors have no obligation to reveal to the public the evidence that they have collected during an active investigation.




    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    As far as I know he hasn't been charged with anything. There is merely some attempt to go fishing into his communications with the President. Would you like it if your enemies could go through all your communications with your lawyer? I know I sure wouldn't...
    Cohen hasn't yet been charged with a crime, to the best of my knowledge. Of course, most investigations don't begin with criminal charges being leveled, even when they end with criminal indictments.

    Your argument implies that nobody should be investigated until after they have been charged with or convicted of a crime. That is an absurd position to take.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  9. #69
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,210
    Thanks
    4648

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    I think lawyers are the best people to determine what is legal work and what is not and what conversations are prevlidged or not. Now I am hearing Hannity never paid Cohen and never signed an agreement with him. I don’t think after reviewing whatever was done for Hannity it will even qualify for Attorney/Client Privilege.

    Cohen and Hannity can’t even get there stories straight. Cohen presented Hannity as an active client to the court today.
    I was referring to the President's communications with Cohen, not Hannity's.

  10. #70
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,226
    Thanks
    28238

    From
    New Hampshire
    Have to think Sean Hannity's wife may be uncomfortable now and want to speak with Sean...
    Thanks from EnigmaO01 and Friday13

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Whatís In Cohenís Office?
    By Mister B in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 9th April 2018, 05:20 PM
  2. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12th January 2017, 10:10 PM
  3. So Long, Leonard Cohen
    By cable2 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th November 2016, 07:35 AM
  4. Leonard Cohen Dead at 82
    By excalibur in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10th November 2016, 07:05 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed