Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Thanks Tree8Thanks

Thread: Clinton World fumes over Comey book tour: 'He's now lying'

  1. #1
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,715
    Thanks
    18005

    From
    USA

    Clinton World fumes over Comey book tour: 'He's now lying'

    Fuming? Rightfully so imo. Comey knows he impacted the election. He also knows Hillary was unfairly victimized. I'll take it one step further and say this is almost an open confession.

    "“I pray no FBI director ever has to deal with this again, because it was just a series of no-win decisions,” Comey said. “… And, my hope is, I even hope Hillary Clinton at least reads those parts of the book, because I think she will walk away saying, ‘you know what, I still think that guy’s an idiot, but … he’s kind of an honest idiot, and he’s trying to do the right thing here.'”

    Makes me sick. Talk...

    Clinton World fumes over Comey book tour: 'He's now lying'

  2. #2
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    38,924
    Thanks
    37123

    From
    United States
    Comey is definitely a flawed person. He seems to have a messiah complex. He violated long establish DOJ protocol with his public announcement of Hillary being cleared of accusations that she had violated the law by using a private email server. He did it again when he announced that the investigation was being reopened due to the discovery of emails on Wiener's computer.

    He's guilty of being a pompous, self-absorbed, self-righteous show-boater, but at least he isn't an immoral, bigoted, compulsive liar.
    Thanks from Minotaur

  3. #3
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    27,550
    Thanks
    6996

    From
    midwest
    Comey is doing and saying what he thinks is good for Comey.

    Nothing more, nothing less.

    He's making as much money as fast as he can while he is still relevant.

    Or while he THINKS he's still relevant.

    M O N E Y

  4. #4
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    31,378
    Thanks
    19531

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    So it sounds like both The Donald and the Clintonistas are outraged by the Comey book.

    Frankly that just makes me a little more anxious to read it. I'm liking the guy more and more....
    Thanks from boontito and StanStill

  5. #5
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    95,628
    Thanks
    73440

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    So it sounds like both The Donald and the Clintonistas are outraged by the Comey book.

    Frankly that just makes me a little more anxious to read it. I'm liking the guy more and more....
    That's pretty much been my position. As soon as it became apparent that the guy was disliked by both Trump and Clinton supporters, it raised him up in my eyes a bit. He's a flawed human being like the rest of us, but seems like a decent guy.
    Thanks from StanStill

  6. #6
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,715
    Thanks
    18005

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    Comey is definitely a flawed person. He seems to have a messiah complex. He violated long establish DOJ protocol with his public announcement of Hillary being cleared of accusations that she had violated the law by using a private email server. He did it again when he announced that the investigation was being reopened due to the discovery of emails on Wiener's computer.

    He's guilty of being a pompous, self-absorbed, self-righteous show-boater, but at least he isn't an immoral, bigoted, compulsive liar.
    Funny thing is Trump might have been able to make a case for firing Comey because he is as much a narcissist as Trump is but he blew it when he said “this Russia thing" was on his mind when he fired FBI Director James Comey. Two idiots.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer

  7. #7
    Moderator Nicnam's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    13,562
    Thanks
    3526

    From
    .
    "Top Hillary Clinton spokesman Brian Fallon also took a few shots at Comey on Twitter.

    “Accepting dinner invitations. Promising 'honest loyalty.' Assuring Trump he wasn't being investigated. Comey has a lot of tough words for Trump now, but while in the job, he sure did his best to avoid getting on Trump's bad side,” he wrote."

    I wonder if Fallon is talking about when Comey mentioned to Trump, that the dossier was paid for by Clinton.

    That would have been an excellent way to stay on his good side. lol
    Thanks from Minotaur

  8. #8
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    38,924
    Thanks
    37123

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Funny thing is Trump might have been able to make a case for firing Comey because he is as much a narcissist as Trump is but he blew it when he said “this Russia thing" was on his mind when he fired FBI Director James Comey. Two idiots.


    "This Russher thing"

  9. #9
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,715
    Thanks
    18005

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    So it sounds like both The Donald and the Clintonistas are outraged by the Comey book.

    Frankly that just makes me a little more anxious to read it. I'm liking the guy more and more....
    Judas Trump, Jesus Comey as a remake of Jesus Christ Superstar for their followers to argue which one is best. In that sense I'd vote Comey as saintly narcissist and Trump the sinner narcissist.


  10. #10
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,660
    Thanks
    11195

    From
    Work
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Fuming? Rightfully so imo. Comey knows he impacted the election. He also knows Hillary was unfairly victimized. I'll take it one step further and say this is almost an open confession.

    "“I pray no FBI director ever has to deal with this again, because it was just a series of no-win decisions,” Comey said. “… And, my hope is, I even hope Hillary Clinton at least reads those parts of the book, because I think she will walk away saying, ‘you know what, I still think that guy’s an idiot, but … he’s kind of an honest idiot, and he’s trying to do the right thing here.'”

    Makes me sick. Talk...

    Clinton World fumes over Comey book tour: 'He's now lying'
    I believe him. Surely he thought, like everyone else including most republicans, that Hillary's election was inevitable. If he says he didn't want to withhold information in such a way that later he could have been accused of sitting on info that could have swayed the election the other way, and thus been "putting his foot on the scale" then that sounds quite reasonable to me. Fuming seems a bit of an overreaction... I mean, hasn't all the fuming already been done by now? He didn't think that it was going to change anything, and neither did I.

    Hindsight is always 20/20.
    Thanks from bajisima

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bill Clinton Reportedly 'Heartsick' Over Hillary's Book Tour
    By Spookycolt in forum Current Events
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 20th October 2017, 06:30 PM
  2. After the first debate, Clinton gloats...Trump fumes--
    By GordonGecko in forum Current Events
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 4th October 2016, 11:29 AM
  3. Ben Carson 'Suspends' Campaign For A Book Tour
    By TennesseeRain in forum Current Events
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 20th October 2015, 11:03 AM
  4. Sarah Palin to kick off book tour in Bethlehem Township, PA
    By bonncaruso in forum Current Events
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 8th November 2013, 10:08 AM
  5. Replies: 109
    Last Post: 20th November 2009, 08:27 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed