Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 212
Thanks Tree95Thanks

Thread: College Demanded Student Cut Jesus, Bible References From Graduation Speech

  1. #101
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    19,333
    Thanks
    3024

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Go to Oral Roberts University, or one of the other bible thumping schools and see how much "free speech" you get.
    At least if you sign up for bible college, you know what you are getting into.

    I was talking about real universities that produce doctors and the like...

  2. #102
    Shiny Purple Member namvet69's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,338
    Thanks
    4446

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Go to Oral Roberts University, or one of the other bible thumping schools and see how much "free speech" you get.
    Yes! Bravo! How very true.

  3. #103
    Shiny Purple Member namvet69's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,338
    Thanks
    4446

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Interesting.

    I thought universities were all about expanding people's minds to understand a variety of different viewpoints in the process of learning?

    How very progressive, the world needs more stifling of free speech, am I getting that right?
    Suppose your kid was studying science in school and he was being taught that as an alternative theory to photosynthesis and Chlorophyll leaves may be green because of green fairies who dust them with fairy dust when he is sleeping. Would you be okay with that? Well, that's why we non believers don't want religion in the classroom. The only difference between creationism and green fairies sprinkling dust is whose fairies we're talking about.
    Thanks from Panzareta

  4. #104
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    54,892
    Thanks
    2964

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet69 View Post
    Are you confident in his honesty as well? If not, how can you have confidence in his leadership? Think about that if you will.
    I am watching him keep his promises to the American people. There has been many Presidents that have made promises and never kept them. We are getting close to peace in Korea where the past 3 Presidents failed to do that. They also promised us the Embassy would be in Jerusalem, Trump was the only one that delivered. I don't believe every story cooked up on Trump, so far nothing has been proven.

  5. #105
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    54,892
    Thanks
    2964

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Only about half of Americas self identified "Christians" actually go to church, and that number is dropping every year.
    How do you keep track of that?

  6. #106
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    54,892
    Thanks
    2964

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    You make the same Imprecision Fallacies where you post information that doesn't address the germane point, and the same Bias Sampling fallacies where you use statistics that aren't germane to the discussion. Christians in Seattle make up a tiny portion of Evergreen State Christians, which make up a small portion of America's Christian population, which make up a small portion of the world's Christian population.
    Guess you don't like facts. 52% is not small. I thought you were an expert in reading comprehension

  7. #107
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    54,892
    Thanks
    2964

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    If you read that article, you will see the law has nothing to do with beliefs and everything to do with products and services. There is nothing that says the state will penalize Christians for not being gay.

    Did that bill pass? If so, the best thing to do is move to Louisiana, where state legislators want to make the Holy Bible the official state book.
    It will penalize people for having thoughts that differ from Homosexuals. Basically censorship. Your Liberal Wetdream

  8. #108
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    19,333
    Thanks
    3024

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet69 View Post
    Suppose your kid was studying science in school and he was being taught that as an alternative theory to photosynthesis and Chlorophyll leaves may be green because of green fairies who dust them with fairy dust when he is sleeping. Would you be okay with that? Well, that's why we non believers don't want religion in the classroom. The only difference between creationism and green fairies sprinkling dust is whose fairies we're talking about.
    We aren't talking about what is being taught, we are talking about censoring a graduation speech.

  9. #109
    Shiny Purple Member namvet69's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,338
    Thanks
    4446

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    I am watching him keep his promises to the American people. There has been many Presidents that have made promises and never kept them. We are getting close to peace in Korea where the past 3 Presidents failed to do that. They also promised us the Embassy would be in Jerusalem, Trump was the only one that delivered. I don't believe every story cooked up on Trump, so far nothing has been proven.
    He also brought us to the brink of Nuclear war with his blustery rhetoric. There was no telling how Un would react to those insults. Trump was gambling with millions of lives. As far as the big summit with N Korea, in the words of the idiot in chief, we'll see what happens.

    I don't believe it will happen and I'm concerned about him making matters far worse with his insulting crap. BTW the stories in the press and within the Mueller probe are not "cooked up." Lot's of things have been proven but you just don't want to hear it.

    You won't believe anything Mueller digs up either no matter how air tight his evidence because then you'd have to admit your blunder in believing in a second story man who sells snake oil.

    You claim to be a religious person yet you see nothing wrong with thousands of outright lies, adultery, cruelty, theft, fraud, etc etc. How do you reconcile all that?
    Thanks from Friday13

  10. #110
    Shiny Purple Member namvet69's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,338
    Thanks
    4446

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    We aren't talking about what is being taught, we are talking about censoring a graduation speech.
    We're also talking about church and state. Didn't you realize that? Seriously?
    Thanks from Friday13

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 20th June 2017, 05:52 AM
  2. The Bible Says Jesus Was Gay?
    By Howey in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 19th March 2016, 09:36 PM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 21st July 2012, 03:06 PM
  4. Youre not special graduation speech sparks buzz
    By meridian5455 in forum Education
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 20th June 2012, 08:47 PM
  5. School Censors Religious Words in Graduation Speech
    By meridian5455 in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 30th June 2011, 10:01 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed