Members banned from this thread: CEngelbrecht


Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 335
Thanks Tree255Thanks

Thread: Trump's pledge fulfilled : US opens embassy in Jerusalem

  1. #261
    DEEP STATE CEO Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,338
    Thanks
    6742

    From
    SPECTRE HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Interesting. Does that 15.5 miles difference justify not moving the embassy? It's 53 km from Ben Gurion to Jerusalem. It's 24 km from Ben Gurion to Tel Aviv. That is 18 miles difference.
    I'm well aware of the differences and Tel-Aviv is closer as I stated. Why move it all? What's the advantage? All I can see is that it places the staff in a higher risk position. You know, like many partisan types once claimed about Benghazi?

    Is that what you are hanging your hat on as you agree with Hamas?
    Now that was a moronic straw man. Do you feel better now you have made such a stupid and erroneous assumption? I'd be highly embarrassed if I stooped to such a level.

    Let's be honest, the reason you are pissed is because Donald J Trump did it.
    And that was even dumber. Congratulations! You've surpassed your usual low level of debate.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer

  2. #262
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    37,054
    Thanks
    7583

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues63 View Post
    I'm well aware of the differences and Tel-Aviv is closer as I stated. Why move it all? What's the advantage? All I can see is that it places the staff in a higher risk position. You know, like many partisan types once claimed about Benghazi?

    Now that was a moronic straw man. Do you feel better now you have made such a stupid and erroneous assumption? I'd be highly embarrassed if I stooped to such a level.

    And that was even dumber. Congratulations! You've surpassed your usual low level of debate.
    And your hatred for President Trump is so great that you have sided with Hamas. Congratulations.

  3. #263
    DEEP STATE CEO Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,338
    Thanks
    6742

    From
    SPECTRE HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    And your hatred for President Trump is so great that you have sided with Hamas. Congratulations.
    Wow, you surpassed your last post for levels of stupidity. Grow up man and stop making a fool of yourself! You are deliberately lying about the position of others in this thread in order to bolster your self esteem. Children do that, so I suggest you get a grip and try to debate like an adult.

    Now, tell me why you think it is advantageous to US citizens to move the embassy to Jerusalem?

  4. #264
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,123
    Thanks
    4617

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues63 View Post
    Wow, you surpassed your last post for levels of stupidity. Grow up man and stop making a fool of yourself! You are deliberately lying about the position of others in this thread in order to bolster your self esteem. Children do that, so I suggest you get a grip and try to debate like an adult.

    Now, tell me why you think it is advantageous to US citizens to move the embassy to Jerusalem?
    Israel wanted us to move our embassy to Jerusalem and I happen to believe strong alliances is advantageous to US citizens.

    I guess it just depends who you are more interested in obliging - our friends in Israel or the terrorist scum in Hamas. You can count me as more interested in the former. Why on earth you seem to think its in our nation's interest to placate Hamas I"ll never understand.

  5. #265
    DEEP STATE CEO Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,338
    Thanks
    6742

    From
    SPECTRE HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Israel wanted us to move our embassy to Jerusalem and I happen to believe strong alliances is advantageous to US citizens.
    Fair enough. I consider it reckless as I've explained (not that you even bothered to comprehend my position-like the previous member who also can only think in a binary and myopic fashion).

    I guess it just depends who you are more interested in obliging - our friends in Israel or the terrorist scum in Hamas. You can count me as more interested in the former. Why on earth you seem to think its in our nation's interest to placate Hamas I"ll never understand.
    Another moronic straw man. Seriously, wtf is wrong with some of you people? Can you not read? Your partisan bullshit is so transparent and you should really learn how to conduct yourselves in honest debate. If this sort of intellectual understanding is the best you can muster, then political discussion is beyond your capability.
    Last edited by Blues63; 18th May 2018 at 09:12 PM.

  6. #266
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,123
    Thanks
    4617

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues63 View Post
    Another moronic straw man. Seriously, wtf is wrong with some of you people? Can you not read? Your partisan bullshit is so transparent and you should really learn how to conduct yourselves in honest debate.
    What other reason would someone have to refuse Israel's request to move our embassy to their capital in Jerusalem if not to placate Hamas? That's not "partisan bullshit". It's simply pointing out the obvious.

    Especially considering that is why previous administrations refused to move the embassy to Jerusalem (both Republican and Democratic presidents I may add... so this has nothing to with "partisanship bullshit"). They didn't do it because they didn't want to piss off Hamas and other Palestinians who want Jerusalem for themselves. So hardly is that a moronic straw man.... it's actually the very core of the whole argument.

    My comment had absolutely nothing to do with partisanship. So if anything was a moronic straw man it was that.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 18th May 2018 at 09:14 PM.

  7. #267
    DEEP STATE CEO Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,338
    Thanks
    6742

    From
    SPECTRE HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    What other reason would someone have to refuse Israel's request to move our embassy to their capital in Jerusalem if not to placate Hamas? That's not "partisan bullshit" it's simply pointing out the obvious...
    Seriously, have you not read my posts? The rest of your drivel is immaterial if you have not even bothered to read my points in our previous exchange, or the previous posts above. Your straw man arguments and binary thinking patterns are tedious and immature and responding to you is a waste of time owing to your lack of consideration of another's position in debate.

    Seriously, after my previous and repetitious posts regarding the road to peace you still have no clue? Unbelievable.

    Oh and the contention that any refusal to move was designed 'not to piss off Hamas' is rather simplistic and it probably never occurred to you that it may have been simply to prevent loss of life of innocents and embassy workers by placing them in an even more dangerous and contested location. Did it?
    Last edited by Blues63; 18th May 2018 at 09:19 PM.

  8. #268
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,123
    Thanks
    4617

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues63 View Post
    Seriously, have you not read my posts? The rest of your drivel is immaterial if you have not even bothered to read my points in our previous exchange, or the previous posts. Your straw man arguments are tedious and immature and responding to you is a waste of time owing to your lack of consideration of another's position in debate.

    Seriously, after my previous and repetitious posts regarding the road to peace you still have no clue? Unbelievable.
    Perhaps if you spent more time explaining your positions in more detail instead of lashing out with all these ridiculous diatribes you would be better understood.

    So tell me then - what other reason would our country have to refuse Israel's request to move our embassy to their capital if not to placate Hamas in hopes it might somehow lead to peace? That's always been the typical position for those who object to the moving of the embassy.

    What other reason is there?
    Last edited by Jeremy; 18th May 2018 at 09:22 PM.
    Thanks from Southern Dad

  9. #269
    DEEP STATE CEO Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,338
    Thanks
    6742

    From
    SPECTRE HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Perhaps if you spent more time explaining your positions in more detail instead of lashing out with all these ridiculous diatribes you would be better understood.
    How many times do I have to do it with you? Seriously, I've already explained my position to you on this very subject repeatedly, and as I've observed on several occasions you do not even bother to read or comprehend my position. Have you already forgotten our previous exchange where I explained my reasoning ad nauseum?

    Ridiculous diatribes? How about you try simple comprehension just once instead of moronic straw man arguments and partisan mypoia?

    So tell me then - what other reason would our country have to refuse Israel's request to move our embassy to their capital if not to placate Hamas in hopes it might somehow lead to peace? That's always been the standard position for those who object to the moving of the embassy....
    What about not placing embassy staff in an even more dangerous position, as I've stated in the last few posts?
    Last edited by Blues63; 18th May 2018 at 09:27 PM.

  10. #270
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,123
    Thanks
    4617

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues63 View Post

    Oh and the contention that any refusal to move was designed 'not to piss off Hamas' is rather simplistic and it probably never occurred to you that it may have been simply to prevent loss of life of innocents and embassy workers by placing them in an even more dangerous and contested location. Did it?
    I am glad you added this - as you simply made my point for me. Your position is you oppose the move so innocent people won't get killed in retaliation.

    That is just another way to describe placating Hamas. So it seems I wasn't mischaracterizing your position at all. I was dead on accurate in fact. So thank you for vindicating my comment.

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. US Embassy in Jerusalem opens May 14
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 1st May 2018, 11:45 AM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 30th April 2018, 06:10 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19th January 2018, 09:41 AM
  4. Guatemala to move embassy to Jerusalem
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24th December 2017, 10:37 PM
  5. On Waiving the Jerusalem Embassy Act (or Not)
    By labrea in forum Asia & Middle East
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 18th December 2017, 07:22 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed