Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 146
Thanks Tree107Thanks

Thread: Judge: Mueller Can Indict Manafort

  1. #81
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    62,573
    Thanks
    31285

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Ok... There we go. So, not sure if you were defense, or what your expertise was / is, but here's the situation. The evidence used to get manafort was from FISA, the original FISA warrant was obtained with obama's signature AND by lying to a federal judge.

    Then, the agents were known to be rabidly trying to usurp trump for 6 months before their bias called into question... Now, if I was a defendant, I would be pushing that every piece of evidence that agent touched might be faked. That was the extent of the bias... You should seriously take 2-3 hours and read their conversations.

    So, on the surface level, manafort may avoid asking those right questions, but I would be calling doubt on every piece of evidence used from the moment Obama approved lying to a federal judge.

    And, the situation I was talking would be the warrant to search the vehicle would be shown to be under false pretences if only you could prove that the cop planted the first bit of evidence.
    Look, you can try to spin any conspiracy theory you want, but the manner of search is in no way relevant to the question of the defendant's guilt. It does not make his guilt more or less likely than without that information. Admissibility is a question of law for the court, and not a question of fact for the jury.
    Thanks from Lunchboxxy and Friday13

  2. #82
    El Psy Kongroo Lunchboxxy's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14,070
    Thanks
    13958

    From
    Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Ok... There we go. So, not sure if you were defense, or what your expertise was / is, but here's the situation. The evidence used to get manafort was from FISA, the original FISA warrant was obtained with obama's signature AND by lying to a federal judge.

    Then, the agents were known to be rabidly trying to usurp trump for 6 months before their bias called into question... Now, if I was a defendant, I would be pushing that every piece of evidence that agent touched might be faked. That was the extent of the bias... You should seriously take 2-3 hours and read their conversations.

    So, on the surface level, manafort may avoid asking those right questions, but I would be calling doubt on every piece of evidence used from the moment Obama approved lying to a federal judge.

    And, the situation I was talking would be the warrant to search the vehicle would be shown to be under false pretences if only you could prove that the cop planted the first bit of evidence.

    I know a guy, when young and dumb, was being chased by cops with cause, the cop did not announce themselves, he donkey kicked the first one square in the balls, apparently popped a testie. Not only was he not guilty of the assaulting an officer, he walked free because the officer over charged. (He also got a wicked phone book treatment)

    Another, he almost bit the cops finger off when she fish hooked (what does a fish hook do?), he was guilty of the original charge, but not assaulting the officer. Judge called the cop out on showing off to friends.
    Presidents don’t sign FISA applications

  3. #83
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    62,573
    Thanks
    31285

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchboxxy View Post
    Presidents don’t sign FISA applications.
    50 U.S.C. §§ 1801 et seq.

  4. #84
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,475
    Thanks
    3187

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Look, you can try to spin any conspiracy theory you want, but the manner of search is in no way relevant to the question of the defendant's guilt. It does not make his guilt more or less likely than without that information. Admissibility is a question of law for the court, and not a question of fact for the jury.
    None of that was theory... that's all been documented on the forum.

    I wasn't speaking hypothetically, but based on the facts as they are known / declassified

  5. #85
    El Psy Kongroo Lunchboxxy's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14,070
    Thanks
    13958

    From
    Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Help

    There be lots of links

  6. #86
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32,278
    Thanks
    8276

    From
    TN
    Yes Judge says Manifort can be prosecuted for Crimes he committed while he was contracted with the Podesta Group working for DNC and Clinton Foundation.

    Yes this is going to get Very interesting.

  7. #87
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,475
    Thanks
    3187

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchboxxy View Post
    Presidents don’t sign FISA applications
    It's not typically a requirement (to my understanding), but Obama REALLY felt that it was important that the warrant be approved.

  8. #88
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    62,573
    Thanks
    31285

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchboxxy View Post
    Help

    There be lots of links
    50 U.S.C. § 1805

    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    It's not typically a requirement (to my understanding), but Obama REALLY felt that it was important that the warrant be approved.
    Presidents do not issue warrants - in fact, cannot. That is a judicial function, not an executive one. The executive applies for the warrant; the judge approves, or does not approve.
    Thanks from Lunchboxxy and Friday13

  9. #89
    El Psy Kongroo Lunchboxxy's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14,070
    Thanks
    13958

    From
    Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Yes Judge says Manifort can be prosecuted for Crimes he committed while he was contracted with the Podesta Group working for DNC and Clinton Foundation.

    Yes this is going to get Very interesting.
    Lol

  10. #90
    El Psy Kongroo Lunchboxxy's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14,070
    Thanks
    13958

    From
    Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    It's not typically a requirement (to my understanding), but Obama REALLY felt that it was important that the warrant be approved.
    It’s nit a requirement because it’s not a thing. The president is not involved in the fisa applicant process. There is nothing for him to sign.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Judge kick's Manafort's challenge. Mueller has the authority.
    By cpicturetaker12 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27th April 2018, 10:37 PM
  2. Replies: 128
    Last Post: 11th April 2018, 05:55 PM
  3. Mueller cannot indict Trump
    By excalibur in forum Current Events
    Replies: 213
    Last Post: 4th February 2018, 03:58 PM
  4. Manafort sues Mueller and DOJ
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 5th January 2018, 11:32 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed