Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
Thanks Tree31Thanks

Thread: Forbes names Michelin ‘America’s Best Employer’

  1. #1
    Sally Sitter Paris's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,672
    Thanks
    3611

    From
    EU

    Forbes names Michelin ‘America’s Best Employer’

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/vickyva.../#6962a0fa7e04
    The tire manufacturer employs 22,000 workers in 19 plants across Alabama, Indiana, Ohio, Oklahoma, North Carolina and South Carolina, but is headquartered in Clermont-Ferrand, France, making it the only non-American company to break into the top 10. The key to the employer’s success is simple: “I sum it up with two words: We care,” says David Stafford, chief human resources officer of Michelin North America. “We offer a purpose-driven career with a purpose-driven company. That really resonates today, because people want to be part of a company that stands for more than just business.”
    Michelin also being involved in Iran, it'd be a shame if Trump had to slap sanctions on America's best employer.
    Last edited by Paris; 15th May 2018 at 11:30 PM.
    Thanks from Friday13

  2. #2
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32,042
    Thanks
    8207

    From
    TN
    No it would not.. if they deal with the devil they deserve to be burned.

    But I bet Iran isn't Bib's only clients.

  3. #3
    Sally Sitter Paris's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,672
    Thanks
    3611

    From
    EU
    Is Iran the devil in your manifesto?
    Last edited by Paris; 16th May 2018 at 01:06 AM.
    Thanks from labrea

  4. #4
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32,042
    Thanks
    8207

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Paris View Post
    Is Iran the devil in your manifesto?
    I don't know. Are Terrorist that killed people in Paris, Denmark and London on the Iranian Dime Angels in your manifesto?

    I dead women and children in Europe your idea of heaven.. that is on your conscience.

  5. #5
    Sally Sitter Paris's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,672
    Thanks
    3611

    From
    EU
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    I don't know. Are Terrorist that killed people in Paris, Denmark and London on the Iranian Dime Angels in your manifesto?

    I dead women and children in Europe your idea of heaven.. that is on your conscience.
    For your information, your country fomented a coup d'état against Iran's democratically elected leader in 1953, that marked the first time the United States had overthrown a foreign government, and installed a dictator friendlier to US oil business interests.

    When Iran finally got rid of him, after the Islamic revolution your country actively supported Iraq's military invasion of Iran's territorial integrity, by selling Iraq chemical weapons of mass destruction to be used on Iranians, resulting in hundreds of thousands deaths.

    You are the one responsible for Islamic radicalism in Iran (as well as in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc., etc.). That is on your conscience.
    Last edited by Paris; 16th May 2018 at 01:11 AM.

  6. #6
    Dick with my Buzz...Try DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    35,295
    Thanks
    29983

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Paris View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/vickyva.../#6962a0fa7e04

    Michelin also being involved in Iran, it'd be a shame if Trump had to slap sanctions on America's best employer.

    What ever Trump does vis a vis Iran is temporary. The EU and the UN can wait till Trump is gone. The deal and the process was years in the making. One capricious moron can not derail the whole of the plan.

    Notice all actions by Trump are by Executive order, He does not have the backing of Congress...not even with the Republicans in control to make sanctions bindings.

    EVERYTHING trump does is for show. Trump has the show of ending US' participation in the deal but has no real outcome from that.

    It's just like Trump's big flashy Embassy move in Israel. Most Americans do not know that it was opening of a passport office, that the actual Embassy complex has not even been OKed to be build in it's new proposed site.

    This again is just like Trump's border wall. Trump can do so much unilaterally...but needs Congress' approval and FUNDING to move forward.

    This is Trump's modus operandi...Make a BIG flash. Lie to the People and blame others for not getting what he wants.

    His morons believe he is winning on all counts.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32,042
    Thanks
    8207

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Paris View Post
    For your information, your country fomented a coup d'état against Iran's democratically elected leader in 1953, that marked the first time the United States had overthrown a foreign government, and installed a dictator friendlier to US oil business interests.

    When Iran finally got rid of him, after the Islamic revolution your country actively supported Iraq's military invasion of Iran's territorial integrity, by selling Iraq chemical weapons of mass destruction to be used on Iranians, resulting in hundreds of thousands deaths.

    You are the one responsible for Islamic radicalism in Iran (as well as in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc., etc.). That is on your conscience.
    And the people of iran voted out the Religious Theocracy.. and the world let the Green party be suppressed.

  8. #8
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,303
    Thanks
    10657

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by Paris View Post
    For your information, your country fomented a coup d'état against Iran's democratically elected leader in 1953, that marked the first time the United States had overthrown a foreign government, and installed a dictator friendlier to US oil business interests.

    When Iran finally got rid of him, after the Islamic revolution your country actively supported Iraq's military invasion of Iran's territorial integrity, by selling Iraq chemical weapons of mass destruction to be used on Iranians, resulting in hundreds of thousands deaths.

    You are the one responsible for Islamic radicalism in Iran (as well as in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc., etc.). That is on your conscience.
    Overthrowing democratically elected leaders who don't take orders from Washington is our birthright! Plus destroying democracy was just in the air... Ah, we need to make America great again... take us back to the good ole 1950s and 60s when the US could just stomp 3rd world countries into the dirt and there wasn't a lamestream media around to even question it, because they were obedient and silent as they should be. It was the Golden Age:

    1954 Guatemalan coup d'état

    CIA activities in the Democratic Republic of the Congo

    1964 Brazilian coup d'état

    Overthrow of Dominican President Juan Bosch

    But anyway, we don't need to hear you brag about your fancy French company and it's accolades.
    Thanks from Paris, labrea and DebateDrone

  9. #9
    New Member
    Joined
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    999

    From
    Massachusetts
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    And the people of iran voted out the Religious Theocracy.. and the world let the Green party be suppressed.
    Iran's president is Hassan Rouhani, a Scottish-educated centrist and reformist. His election win was seen as a rejection of conservative factions within Iran... and he's moved further in the direction of moderation since then. His reelection was won against a hard-liner who attacked Rouhani for his moderation and his reaching out to the world community, and Rouhani reacted to that criticism by doubling down and aligning himself more fully with the reform movement.

    Iran's current situation can be thought of as roughly analogous to the Soviet Union in the mid-80s, with Rouhani in the role of Gorbachev, pushing for Glasnost and Perestroika, and working out bold new treaties with the western powers. In that analogy, the equivalent of the Soviet hard-liners Gorbachev was maneuvering against are the clerics of the Guardian Council, who are trying to hold back Rouhani's reforms. And, to continue with the analogy, Obama was a kind of mid-to-late-80s Reagan, bolstering the position of the reformers by working in good faith with them, undermining the ability of the hard-liners to stir up anti-American sentiment enough that they might successfully move to imprison the reformist leader and push the country back to a hard-line position.

    Now, imagine if Reagan's successor hadn't been Bush, but instead some radical neo-con who repudiated Reagan's treaties with the Soviet Union, giving the hard-line Communist leadership a way to strengthen their hand against Gorbachev. History might have played out very differently then. In the real timeline, at the time the hard-liners made their move against Gorbachev, the Russian people were too much behind reform for the attempted backlash to succeed, and it wound up ending the Soviet regime. In an alternate timeline, it's not hard to picture more fervent anti-Western sentiment in Russia having been enough to tilt the critical moment in the Soviet hard-liners direction, and guys like Gorbachev and Yeltsin could have wound up hanging from a gallows, instead of triumphing.

    Will Trump's idiotic foreign policy undermine Rouhani and push Iran back to an Achmeninijad-type stance? Or will the good sense of the rest of the world prevail, causing the Iranian people to write America off as a rogue nation, and allowing Iran to continue its march towards a Persian version of Glasnost and Perestroika? Time will tell.
    Last edited by Arkady; 16th May 2018 at 05:07 AM.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44,471
    Thanks
    26710

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    Overthrowing democratically elected leaders who don't take orders from Washington is our birthright! Plus destroying democracy was just in the air... Ah, we need to make America great again... take us back to the good ole 1950s and 60s when the US could just stomp 3rd world countries into the dirt and there wasn't a lamestream media around to even question it, because they were obedient and silent as they should be. It was the Golden Age:

    1954 Guatemalan coup d'état

    CIA activities in the Democratic Republic of the Congo

    1964 Brazilian coup d'état

    Overthrow of Dominican President Juan Bosch

    But anyway, we don't need to hear you brag about your fancy French company and it's accolades.
    Fancy French company who only locates themselves in right to work states without unions. Hmmm.
    Thanks from StanStill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 7th December 2017, 03:14 PM
  2. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 19th September 2016, 11:20 AM
  3. Forbes Smackdown
    By MaryAnne in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 30th January 2015, 04:30 PM
  4. Forbes: Obamacare is working
    By Davocrat in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 686
    Last Post: 15th September 2011, 03:45 PM
  5. The Forbes 400
    By Blueneck in forum Economics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14th December 2010, 08:31 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed