Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61
Thanks Tree58Thanks

Thread: Mueller Admits: Cannot Indict POTUS

  1. #31
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    36,798
    Thanks
    34327

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    What's already public knowledge is indictable and probably convicttable.

    Yeah, but it's possible that we're all tripping on acid, and "alternative facts" are really the real facts.

    Not likely, but possible.
    Thanks from Dangermouse

  2. #32
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    27,595
    Thanks
    19723

    From
    Florida
    Folks, do you REALLY THINK Mueller told Guiliani this? Whether it was true or NOT?

    THINK PEOPLE, THINK!
    Thanks from Dangermouse and Friday13

  3. #33
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    63,392
    Thanks
    20170

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    Yeah, but it's possible that we're all tripping on acid, and "alternative facts" are really the real facts.

    Not likely, but possible.
    Gravity still works. (although I hear Trump denies it)
    Thanks from NightSwimmer

  4. #34
    New Member Slartibartfast's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    638
    Thanks
    224

    From
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Gravity still works. (although I hear Trump denies it)
    Hillary is all too aware that gravity works.

  5. #35
    is tentatively optimistic BDBoop's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    41,208
    Thanks
    36007

    From
    Twitterverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
    Hillary is all too aware that gravity works.
    Anybody who has taken science in school is aware that gravity works. Unless you're mocking her, in which case everybody over the age of forty and etc.

  6. #36
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    30,283
    Thanks
    3835

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Rosenstein literally said this earlier this month. Not news. Mueller's job is not to send the president himself to prison.

    Instead, it's to reveal the president for who he is, for good or ill, and hold all of his crooked associates to account.

    And, if the cause is there, to recommend further action by Congress.
    If you disconnect this "mission" from Russian meddling in the 2016 election, it makes the auditing of any new President's entire life a viable public precedent.

    Do you think this is a legitimate reaction to the 2016 vote?

  7. #37
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    48,541
    Thanks
    34398

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchboxxy View Post
    Not exactly. Giuliani said that Mueller told Trumpís legal team they wonít indict a sitting president.

    Take it with a grain of salt about what was actually said.
    Oh, I truly believe anything Rudy says!
    Thanks from Devil505

  8. #38
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    36,798
    Thanks
    34327

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    If you disconnect this "mission" from Russian meddling in the 2016 election, it makes the auditing of any new President's entire life a viable public precedent.

    Do you think this is a legitimate reaction to the 2016 vote?

    Mueller's investigation has nothing to do with the 2016 vote. You're merely attempting to create a strawman argument as a diversion from discussing the evidence of criminal behavior that instigated the investigation by the FBI. You'd be on equal footing attempting such a diversion among a group of 5 year olds, but most of us here are adults.
    Thanks from Babba

  9. #39
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    26,576
    Thanks
    17766

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    If you disconnect this "mission" from Russian meddling in the 2016 election, it makes the auditing of any new President's entire life a viable public precedent.

    Do you think this is a legitimate reaction to the 2016 vote?
    It's not a reaction to the 2016 vote in any case. When the Vice President or President of the United States commits a crime, and the statute of limitations remains intact, he should be tried, found guilty if the evidence is discovered, and punished.

    That's not a new precedent, that's the Spiro Agnew precedent.

    This is your fundamental problem: Mueller does not exist because Hillary Clinton didn't win. He exists because Trump won, took office, and, in the awareness of (at least) embarrassingly deep misconduct by close associates, sought to use his office to shield himself.

    Nobody needs to get over any election. You need to get over how Trump fired a leader of federal investigators and then told a journalist he did it to shut down the Russia probe.
    Last edited by Singularity; 17th May 2018 at 07:01 AM.
    Thanks from Babba

  10. #40
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    27,595
    Thanks
    19723

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
    And you were WRONG then.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Judge: Mueller Can Indict Manafort
    By HayJenn in forum Current Events
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 18th May 2018, 06:03 AM
  2. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 17th February 2018, 11:14 AM
  3. Mueller cannot indict Trump
    By excalibur in forum Current Events
    Replies: 213
    Last Post: 4th February 2018, 03:58 PM
  4. How the FBI could force the DOJ to indict Hillary.
    By Goofball in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th January 2016, 06:29 AM
  5. Why Itís Impossible to Indict a Cop
    By PGreen in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th December 2014, 06:17 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed