Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 459
Thanks Tree289Thanks

Thread: US to suspend military exercises with South Korea, Trump says

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,826
    Thanks
    7787

    From
    In my mind

    US to suspend military exercises with South Korea, Trump says

    Ah yes, there's that tough negotiating that we have come to realize our president is totally incapable of doing.

    In exchange for a pledge to move towards denuclearisation, whatever that may mean and a pledge North Korea ha broken before, Turmp has agreed to stop joint military exercises.

    So we give a tangible concession, and our orange commander in chief has extracted, in return, a promise of thinking about doing something which is the same promise that has been made before and broken.

    Oh, but it gets even better. Apparently, South Korea had no idea this concession was given, and was totally taken by surprise. Even Mattis opposed suspending such joint exercises.

    Shockingly, it appears that our president cozied up to a dictator, gave them what they wanted including attention and what appears to be peerage, fucked over our allies, and got nothing in return except hollow rhetoric.



    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-north-summit

    The US has agreed to suspend military exercises with South Korea in return for a commitment to denuclearisation from North Korea, Donald Trump has announced, after a meeting with Kim Jong-un in Singapore.


    Trump said the war games were expensive and “very provocative”. Stopping them is a major concession, something the US has previously rejected as non-negotiable on the grounds that the exercises are a key element of its military alliance with Seoul, and maintaining a deterrent against North Korea.


    In return, the US president said Kim had agreed in a joint statement to reassert “his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula”.

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    37,117
    Thanks
    7595

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Wait! I thought the left wanted President Trump to quit sending our military all over the world. Now you want Trump to send them to do joint exercises with South Korea?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,826
    Thanks
    7787

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Wait! I thought the left wanted President Trump to quit sending our military all over the world. Now you want Trump to send them to do joint exercises with South Korea?
    You thought that? Odd. That sounds totally invented to me.

    Invented to defend the abject and total dipshitery of the president.

  4. #4
    Member a777pilot's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,020
    Thanks
    238

    From
    Flower Mound, TX (In the basement)
    I have been involved in many Team Spirit joint exercises. It really pisses off NoKo. I like Trump, and voted for him, but this was a mistake. NoKo has been trying to end Team Spirit for many decades. Now, it looks like Kim III has done another thing that had evaded his father and grandfather. This is not good.

    I say again, there will be a war with NoKo in early 2019 and then WWIII in late spring 2020.

    I hope I'm wrong but all events keeps me believing I'm close to the truth....sad to say.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    37,117
    Thanks
    7595

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    You thought that? Odd. That sounds totally invented to me.

    Invented to defend the abject and total dipshitery of the president.
    If North Korea agrees to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula, and we wind up having some kind of diplomatic relations with the country, including ending the Korean Conflict, will you give President Trump any props for that? He's the first sitting President to meet with a leader of North Korea, EVER. That's already a pretty big accomplishment.
    Thanks from Crusher and GoaTlOver

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    37,117
    Thanks
    7595

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    Have been involved in many Team Spirit joint exercises. It really pisses off NoKo. I like Trump, and voted for him, but this was a mistake. NoKo has bee trying to end Team Spirit for many decades. Now, it looks like Kim III has done another thing that has evaded his father and grandfather. This is not good.

    I say again, there will be a war with NoKo in early 2019 and then WWIII in late spring 2020.

    I hope I'm wrong but all events keeps me believing I'm close to the truth....sad to say.
    If the talks do not result in the end result that we are seeking, we can always restart Team Spirit Joint Exercises with South Korea.
    Thanks from GoaTlOver

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,826
    Thanks
    7787

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    If North Korea agrees to denuclearize the Korean Peninsula, and we wind up having some kind of diplomatic relations with the country, including ending the Korean Conflict, will you give President Trump any props for that?
    I don't know. That seems to not have happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    He's the first sitting President to meet with a leader of North Korea, EVER. That's already a pretty big accomplishment.
    Is it? Validating the existence of a dictator and legitimizing his totalitarian power by treating him as an equal head of state?

    I am not sure I would call that an accomplishment, more along the lines of a bit of the US getting buggered by a dictator to make Trump think he has accomplished something.
    Thanks from Dragonfly5 and Friday13

  8. #8
    The Republican Agenda HadEnough2's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    15,148
    Thanks
    11397

    From
    Washington State
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Wait! I thought the left wanted President Trump to quit sending our military all over the world. Now you want Trump to send them to do joint exercises with South Korea?
    I thought the right wing wacko's wanted to be tougher on NK. Now, not so much.
    Thanks from Friday13

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,826
    Thanks
    7787

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    I have been involved in many Team Spirit joint exercises. It really pisses off NoKo. I like Trump, and voted for him, but this was a mistake. NoKo has been trying to end Team Spirit for many decades. Now, it looks like Kim III has done another thing that had evaded his father and grandfather. This is not good.

    I say again, there will be a war with NoKo in early 2019 and then WWIII in late spring 2020.

    I hope I'm wrong but all events keeps me believing I'm close to the truth....sad to say.
    I doubt it. Several years ago you thought jet fuel was measured in gallons, not pounds. I would say your claims of experience are dubious at best, and totally made up as most likely.

  10. #10
    Member a777pilot's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,020
    Thanks
    238

    From
    Flower Mound, TX (In the basement)
    Kim III has developed a thermonuclear warhead, a functioning ICBM, had a sit-down meeting with the President of the United States and now even the end of joint military exercises. All of these accomplishments had evaded his father and grandfather. Not a good start for a little man with an ego bigger than American Presidents. Yes, all of the modern ones going back to FDR. Well, hell, OK, all of them but Washington.

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump’s South Korea ambassador
    By HayJenn in forum Current Events
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 9th March 2018, 03:39 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 5th May 2017, 08:37 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 26th April 2017, 12:35 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 8th January 2015, 10:46 AM
  5. North Korea Warns of Nuclear Response to Naval Exercises
    By BoogyMan in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 27th July 2010, 01:11 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed