Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Thanks Tree33Thanks

Thread: North Korea: Trump To End Sanctions

  1. #11
    Dick with my Buzz...Try DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    36,020
    Thanks
    30690

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    It's half of the equation. Kim has already:

    (a) Destroyed his primary testing sight, and
    (b) release Americans, and
    (c) returned the remains of Korean soldiers, and
    (d) ended the Korean War, and
    (e) met with South Korea across the DMZ. This is all historic and positive.

    To keep the sanctions lifted, he will have to provide permanent, verifiable, halt to nuclear and missile activity.

    It's so weird to see Leftists think all of this is such a bad thing. It's not like he shipped $150 billion in cash to Kim or tried to open up the banks against the sanctions.

    His administration has already said he is going for a treaty which will be approved by the Senate. This is all good stuff. It's called stopping a war and embracing peace.
    Kim blew up the entrance to who knows what.

    Sent Otto back in an comatose state to die

    Gave back remains it was holding for what?




    The worst thing Trump could do was give Kim cred. The whole reason for sanctions is to make things so bad for the populace that they force regime change.

    The people of NK have suffered so harshly only to have their leader propped up and stabilized.
    Thanks from Friday13

  2. #12
    Above the FRAY Friday13's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,515
    Thanks
    15348

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Of course it's not true..

    It's Kim, thanks to Trump, now finally getting a global presence. NK has a very strong propaganda news presence, just like Russia does.

    Clinton and GWB never met face to face with Kim, because they were smarter than Trump.
    Seems Kim and Trump are vying for the title of 'World's Biggest Liar'.
    Thanks from BitterPill

  3. #13
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    49,256
    Thanks
    14703

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    It's half of the equation. Kim has already:

    (a) Destroyed his primary testing sight, and
    (b) release Americans, and
    (c) returned the remains of Korean soldiers, and
    (d) ended the Korean War, and
    (e) met with South Korea across the DMZ. This is all historic and positive.

    To keep the sanctions lifted, he will have to provide permanent, verifiable, halt to nuclear and missile activity.

    It's so weird to see Leftists think all of this is such a bad thing. It's not like he shipped $150 billion in cash to Kim or tried to open up the banks against the sanctions.

    His administration has already said he is going for a treaty which will be approved by the Senate. This is all good stuff. It's called stopping a war and embracing peace.
    I thought it was supposed to be complete and total denuclearization with absolute proof before lifting any sanctions? I'm sure that if Obama said let's lift sanctions and if they don't behave we can always put them back on you would be for that too.

  4. #14
    Shut up and vote Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    49,176
    Thanks
    27026

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by roberthughey View Post
    I don't believe the story.

    If it was true it would be all over the news.

    It's not.
    So do you think Reuters is lying about Kim saying that, or that Kim said it, but it's not true?
    Thanks from Babba

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,386
    Thanks
    1887

    From
    Massachusetts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    It's half of the equation. Kim has already:

    (a) Destroyed his primary testing sight, and
    (b) release Americans, and
    (c) returned the remains of Korean soldiers, and
    (d) ended the Korean War, and
    (e) met with South Korea across the DMZ. This is all historic and positive.

    To keep the sanctions lifted, he will have to provide permanent, verifiable, halt to nuclear and missile activity.

    It's so weird to see Leftists think all of this is such a bad thing. It's not like he shipped $150 billion in cash to Kim or tried to open up the banks against the sanctions.

    His administration has already said he is going for a treaty which will be approved by the Senate. This is all good stuff. It's called stopping a war and embracing peace.
    I haven't criticized Trump on this front. Although I question both his motives and his negotiating tactics, I'm willing to provide leaders wide latitude when they're pursuing peace. But I do find it hilarious that very nearly every right-winger went into hysterics, on cue, about the Iran deal, which was set up to ensure enforce-ability, while they dutifully cheer Trump in this process, which so far has nothing of the sort going for it. It really goes to show the power that party politics have over the minds of certain kinds of people.
    Thanks from StanStill

  6. #16
    Ignorance Is Virtue BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    10,056
    Thanks
    6777

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday13 View Post
    Seems Kim and Trump are vying for the title of 'World's Biggest Liar'.
    Kim is screwed in that regard.

    MAGA, baby, MAGA!
    Thanks from Friday13

  7. #17
    Senior Member BoiseBo's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,493
    Thanks
    8380

    From
    Boise, ID
    In exchange for NOTHING of course


  8. #18
    Senior Member NeoVsMatrix's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8,472
    Thanks
    7414

    From
    NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
    I thought it was supposed to be complete and total denuclearization with absolute proof before lifting any sanctions? I'm sure that if Obama said let's lift sanctions and if they don't behave we can always put them back on you would be for that too.
    like, for the Iran deal ?

  9. #19
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    49,333
    Thanks
    9924

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Oh look - Kim got just what he wanted.

    Global news coverage.
    Yeah, nobody had heard of him before the meeting.

    Derp!

  10. #20
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    49,333
    Thanks
    9924

    From
    United States
    Dims buying NK State news.

    Hehe.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 24th February 2018, 03:51 AM
  2. North Korea says it can't pay UN due to UN bank sanctions
    By DebateDrone in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th February 2018, 09:59 AM
  3. North Korea wriggled out of sanctions in 2017
    By reedak in forum Asia & Middle East
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 8th February 2018, 01:20 PM
  4. Trump Gets North Korea Sanctions
    By Libertine in forum Current Events
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 6th August 2017, 03:08 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th May 2017, 07:34 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed