Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
Thanks Tree25Thanks

Thread: Sanford goes down in South Carolina

  1. #11
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    28,667
    Thanks
    20565

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    He just conceded. His first electoral defeat, actually, despite everything.

    Trump really gutted him. He may come to regret that — there are now two Republicans headed out the door on the oversight committee.
    Wow, I saw that!!

  2. #12
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    37,857
    Thanks
    35678

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Looks that way to me too. More republican voters turned out.

    Democratic voters don't need to be lulled into believing that easy victories lie ahead for them in November. The Republicans will vote. They'll vote for anything with a damned "R" next to it's name on the ballot. If Democrats convince themselves that they're free to sit out the election or cast a protest vote because it's just too ridiculous to believe that some of these Republican fruitcake candidates can win, they'll lose again -- just like they did in 2016. I wish people would just shut the hell up about a "Blue Wave". Nothing matters aside from showing up on election day and casting a vote against the GOP. There's really no other way to stop our nation from becoming a full blown damned Banana Republic.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey, HayJenn and Friday13

  3. #13
    Going Nuclear- Daily Yetisports6 - Big Wave Champion, Bezerk Champion, All Ball Champion, Magic Gem Champion, Crystal Clear Champion, Flower Power Champion, Space Thieves TD Champion, X-treme Moto Idiot Cross Champion, Micro Tanks Champion, Race Horse Tycoon Champion, Railway Line Champion, Raju Meter 2 Champion, Metal Slug - Kill the Nazis Champion, Decoder Champion, 1 in 24 Speed v32  Champion Crusher's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    26,856
    Thanks
    8365

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Davocrat View Post
    PH Public Service:
    Crusher DOES NOT, repeat DOES NOT support Trump.
    Sweet... this thread is about me!

  4. #14
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    37,857
    Thanks
    35678

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    Sweet... this thread is about me!

    Well, he's not even in your top three.

    It is known.
    Thanks from Davocrat

  5. #15
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    49,333
    Thanks
    9924

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    Democratic voters don't need to be lulled into believing that easy victories lie ahead for them in November. The Republicans will vote. They'll vote for anything with a damned "R" next to it's name on the ballot. If Democrats convince themselves that they're free to sit out the election or cast a protest vote because it's just too ridiculous to believe that some of these Republican fruitcake candidates can win, they'll lose again -- just like they did in 2016. I wish people would just shut the hell up about a "Blue Wave". Nothing matters aside from showing up on election day and casting a vote against the GOP. There's really no other way to stop our nation from becoming a full blown damned Banana Republic.
    Dims stayed home in 2016? I heard a rumor some 2.5 million more Dims voted than Republicans.


    Hmmmmm.....

  6. #16
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33,269
    Thanks
    20214

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    Dims stayed home in 2016? I heard a rumor some 2.5 million more Dims voted than Republicans.


    Hmmmmm.....
    What does that have to do with many Dems staying home?

  7. #17
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    49,333
    Thanks
    9924

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    What does that have to do with many Dems staying home?
    Read your post.

    Derp.
    Thanks from excalibur

  8. #18
    Under Protest excalibur's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    10,930
    Thanks
    3474

    From
    The Milky Way
    Since we're talking primaries in South Carolina here's another one.

    Archie Parnell, a Democratic congressional candidate in South Carolina, won the Democratic primary Tuesday night in a landslide weeks after it was publicly revealed that he abused his wife in the 1970s.

    Parnell, who has admitted to hurting his ex-wife, received 60 percent of the vote against his three Democratic opponents, according to Politico. This win comes after Parnell faced a wave of criticism in May when court records came to light showing he inflicted "acts of physical cruelty" on his spouse at the time.

    Dem Congressional Candidate Wins Primary Despite Revelations of Spousal Abuse

  9. #19
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    52,641
    Thanks
    40517

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
    Since we're talking primaries in South Carolina here's another one.




    Dem Congressional Candidate Wins Primary Despite Revelations of Spousal Abuse
    Icky!!! Why do people vote for guys like that???

    But then again...Ray Moore

    Meanwhile looks like Corey Stewart won the GOP Primary in VA for the Senate. Another kooky candidate.

  10. #20
    Dick with my Buzz...Try DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    36,084
    Thanks
    30808

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    I guess it's official now?

    The GOP really is the Trump Party...
    Lets remember the GOP was in the shitter before Trump. Now Republicans see a reprieve. The GOP has been ball-less for decade.

    Look how they yearned for a leader like Reagan again. The Trump myth will rival the Reagan myth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. South Carolina
    By MaryAnne in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th August 2016, 11:39 AM
  2. South Carolina, the low country
    By PACE in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12th February 2016, 04:02 PM
  3. Whither South Carolina?
    By bonncaruso in forum Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22nd January 2012, 12:18 AM
  4. Greetings from South Carolina
    By Cribbs in forum New Users
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30th October 2011, 12:51 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed