Members banned from this thread: BitterPill


Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 200
Thanks Tree107Thanks

Thread: How Many Immigrants Are On Welfare Again?

  1. #31
    New Member rwb72's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    661
    Thanks
    70

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly5 View Post
    You are absolutely full of orange shit!
    You are absolutely absurd. LOL

  2. #32
    New Member rwb72's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    661
    Thanks
    70

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Many do not.
    That wasn't the question.

  3. #33
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33,870
    Thanks
    20723

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by rwb72 View Post
    So you're trying to tell us that Americans won't do jobs harvesting crops ? (even if there's decent pay)

    And for those jobs that are very low-paying, well that's a good reason to not take them. Employers need to pay more, and stop (illegally) relying on illegal aliens.
    LOL Most small fruit harvest pay is by the lug or crate not by the hour. You make your own wage. White Americans tend to do poorly when competing with those from south of the border. I guess they are just too lazy.
    Last edited by Panzareta; 7th July 2018 at 09:40 PM.

  4. #34
    New Member rwb72's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    661
    Thanks
    70

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    Yeah.


    BTW: An Excerpt
    My question was >> "(even if there's decent pay)"

    Your link says >> "Unskilled workers earn much less, which is why most locals don’t want the jobs."

    So as is often the case, they're turning the jobs down, because the pay is too low. (which, as I said > "that's a good reason to not take them."

    It might also be noted that the toughest, dirtiest, and most dangerous jobs are being done by AMERICANS, not illegal aliens (ex. firefighters, coal miners, troops in Afghanistan)
    Last edited by rwb72; 7th July 2018 at 09:46 PM.

  5. #35
    New Member rwb72's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    661
    Thanks
    70

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    White Americans tend to do poorly when competing with those from south of the border. I guess they are just too lazy.
    the toughest, dirtiest, and most dangerous jobs are being done by AMERICANS (white mostly), not illegal aliens (ex. firefighters, coal miners, troops in Afghanistan)

  6. #36
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    53,994
    Thanks
    41714

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    This is the difference in immigration. When immigrants came in the past it was "sink or swim". It new immigrants had that attitude (and some of them do) everyone, including them, would be better off.

    Instead far too many come to live off the system.
    That is simply not true

    Welfare” is a broad term for a range of social safety-net programs aimed at low-income Americans. The 1996 Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act restricted noncitizens’ eligibility for major federal public assistance programs, such as Supplementary Security Income (SSI), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as food stamps), Medicaid and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). In general, legal permanent residents (green-card-holders) are not eligible for these four programs unless they have worked in the United States for at least five years. There are some exceptions, including asylees, refugees, people with a military connection and victims of trafficking.

    Some immigrants immediately become eligible for SNAP if they have young children. Some states provide state-level Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program to pregnant legal permanent residents and their children during their first five years of residency.

    The welfare ban on new immigrants covers only a small fraction of legal immigrants at any one time, numerous exceptions and circumstances negate the waiting periods for welfare, and new legal immigrants and illegal immigrants can still benefit from welfare programs through their U.S.-born children,” according to a 2015 study by the Center for Immigration Studies, which advocates lower levels of legal and illegal immigration. “While restrictions on immigrant welfare use certainly can impact some individuals, its effect has not prevented immigrant households from making extensive use of the nation’s welfare system.”

    Such advocates calculate immigrant welfare use by using census household data. This takes into account all the benefits that can be shared with members of a household, even if not everyone in the household qualifies for it or receives it.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.08328069a540

    Really need to stop listening to what far right immigration "studies" say. Because they all cherry pick the facts to their bias.
    Thanks from Panzareta, Friday13, Babba and 1 others

  7. #37
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33,870
    Thanks
    20723

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by rwb72 View Post
    the toughest, dirtiest, and most dangerous jobs are being done by AMERICANS (white mostly), not illegal aliens (ex. firefighters, coal miners, troops in Afghanistan)
    You think there aren't AMERICAN undocumenteds doing all those jobs and often doing them better than most US citizens? You must not be a US citizen.
    Last edited by Panzareta; 7th July 2018 at 10:01 PM.

  8. #38
    New Member rwb72's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    661
    Thanks
    70

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.08328069a540

    Really need to stop listening to what far right immigration "studies" say. Because they all cherry pick the facts to their bias.
    You say that and then you present a link to the most biased, laughingstock piece of trash in America (Washington Post) Sheeeesh!

  9. #39
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,390
    Thanks
    7406

    From
    10 years later
    Quote Originally Posted by rwb72 View Post
    True. Hit nail on head. It's been a tradition for Mexican women in 8th month of pregnancy to come here, give birth on the American side, and then help themselves to a lifetime of benefits$$$. Got to be stopped.
    And your evidence of this?

  10. #40
    New Member rwb72's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    661
    Thanks
    70

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    You think there aren't AMERICAN undocumenteds doing all those jobs and often doing them better than most US citizens? You must not be a US citizen.
    I KNOW they're not doing those jobs. Almost zero of them. Another one is construction worker in the US Army Corps of Engineers. Hardest work in America. I did it for 5 years. Zero immigrants. 100% AMERICANS.

    Also, my point wasn't about what illegal aliens will do, it was about what Americans will do.

    PS - what the hell is an "AMERICAN undocumented" ? If someone is an illegal alien, he's NOT an American. Even legal aliens are not AMERICANS, they are aliens.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th July 2016, 08:09 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 25th November 2015, 11:05 AM
  3. Report: More than half of immigrants on welfare
    By meridian5455 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 5th September 2015, 06:18 AM
  4. Social Welfare vs Corporate Welfare!
    By Cotton2226 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 23rd November 2013, 08:36 AM
  5. Why is Corporate Welfare Good But Social Welfare Bad?
    By Devil505 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24th January 2010, 06:59 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed