Members banned from this thread: roberthughey


Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 247
Thanks Tree130Thanks

Thread: Toddler, 2, dies of self-inflicted gunshot with parents not home

  1. #51
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    65,557
    Thanks
    37114

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by roberthughey View Post
    Yes you can. How you got to that conclusion "you can't", I have no clue?
    If you're gun is unloaded and the ammunition is stored in a separate location, how can you defend yourself against an intruder? It's not like someone will wait around while you load your gun.

  2. #52
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    65,557
    Thanks
    37114

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    You can store them safely for home protection, you just need to store them without the magazine in them. It just takes a few seconds to pop in the magazine. You also do not want to store them with one in the chamber...this is how many of these accidents happen. They have one in the pipe ready to go. Again, it takes a second to put one in the chamber.
    If the magazine is sitting right next to the gun, how is that "secure?" Everything I've ever read about gun security says that the ammunition needs to be stored in a separate place.
    Thanks from DemoWhip

  3. #53
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    29,549
    Thanks
    7776

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    If the magazine is sitting right next to the gun, how is that "secure?" Everything I've ever read about gun security says that the ammunition needs to be stored in a separate place.
    That's not "gun security" .... that's stupidity.

  4. #54
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    16,819
    Thanks
    13340

    From
    Houston, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    You can store them safely for home protection, you just need to store them without the magazine in them. It just takes a few seconds to pop in the magazine. You also do not want to store them with one in the chamber...this is how many of these accidents happen. They have one in the pipe ready to go. Again, it takes a second to put one in the chamber.
    I don't have children so I keep loaded guns in several rooms.

  5. #55
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    70,468
    Thanks
    34335

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    Tell that to Kate Steinle's family.
    Why? Oh that's right, a count case in California did not go the way you wished it had.
    You're such a drama queen.
    Thanks from DemoWhip and Panzareta

  6. #56
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    65,557
    Thanks
    37114

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    That's not "gun security" .... that's stupidity.
    Seems like stupidity to keep the ammunition and the gun in the same place, since anyone with minimal understanding of guns could find them and use them rather quickly. Thus my comments about gun safes.

  7. #57
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    29,549
    Thanks
    7776

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Why? Oh that's right, a count case in California did not go the way you wished it had.
    You're such a drama queen.
    And, we know why it went the way it did, don't we?

    Yeah ....

    I don't really expect you to answer that honestly but, I know you know it's true.

  8. #58
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    29,549
    Thanks
    7776

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Seems like stupidity to keep the ammunition and the gun in the same place, since anyone with minimal understanding of guns could find them and use them rather quickly. Thus my comments about gun safes.
    I actually agree with you here.

    The only reason one would separate the firearm from the ammunition would be to render the firearm useless.

    Any other rationale is stupidity.

    Gun Safes are the way to go.

    Today those safes come in all different sizes and price ranges.

    There is no excuse in owning a firearm and not some sort of security safe.
    Thanks from Hollywood and HCProf

  9. #59
    Shitposting Rank 4 Missle Command Champion johnflesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    21,587
    Thanks
    11839

    From
    Colorado
    I feel terrible for the parents. They lost their child to such a stupid, fixable mistake and they have to live with that for the rest of their lives. Imagine losing a child to any stupid mistake - that you could just take a moment and nullify.
    Thanks from Dragonfly5 and Friday13

  10. #60
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    70,468
    Thanks
    34335

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    And, we know why it went the way it did, don't we?

    Yeah ....

    I don't really expect you to answer that honestly but, I know you know it's true.
    We do? We KNOW it? Tell me exactly how you KNOW it.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23rd May 2018, 07:48 AM
  2. Parents Capture Toddler's Prayer on Baby Monitor
    By meridian5455 in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 27th February 2016, 04:39 AM
  3. Toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
    By roberthughey in forum Current Events
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 28th July 2014, 03:19 PM
  4. Replies: 167
    Last Post: 13th January 2014, 11:23 AM
  5. Chinese toddler left bloody in hit-and-run dies
    By freecell in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23rd October 2011, 02:30 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed