Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 139 of 139
Thanks Tree127Thanks

Thread: The Democratic Party left me behind — and I'm not alone

  1. #131
    Dick with my Buzz...Try DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    37,051
    Thanks
    32000

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    I wish it was, then it wouldn't feel like I was dick riding trump as much.

    That's why whenever a new outrage from trump comes out I need to validate with original source. 8 out of 10 is not what trump actually said or misunderstood context.
    Now you're pulling shit out your ass.

    What you should have said is..."I believe 2 out of 10 facts the media reports, verifies, and proves... of what Trump says".

    That would be closer to the truth.

  2. #132
    Human Bean KnotaFrayed's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,241
    Thanks
    12748

    From
    Here
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Max Boot is going in the opposite direction:

    Max Boot: I left the Republican Party, and now I want Democrats to take over - Republican Ruler

    The current GOP still has a few resemblances to the party of old — it still cuts taxes and supports conservative judges. But a vote for the GOP in November is also a vote for egregious obstruction of justice, rampant conflicts of interest, the demonization of minorities, the debasement of political discourse, the alienation of America’s allies, the end of free trade and the appeasement of dictators.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  3. #133
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,330
    Thanks
    28355

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Senator Bob Corker was deeply concerned about President Trump citing national security as a reason for imposing tariffs against our ALLIES, countries like Canada, Britain, France, Germany, Japan, South Korea. So he wanted Congress to pass a law that would require Congressional approval for any Presidential citation of national security as a justification for tariffs. An ENTIRELY REASONABLE PROPOSAL, and one that has NOTHING to do with your argument about court appointments. And yet he could not get ANY support from his fellow Republicans!!

    This is what led Corker to say that his fellow Republicans had become CRAVEN, too afraid to even "poke the bear"----those were Corker's own words!

    I'm sorry, but I am just NOT buying your argument here. The Republicans in Congress are not just 'holding their nose' with Trump-----they're TERRIFIED of him, just as people were terrified of the Godfather.

    Tell me this: If there is another faction in the GOP, an anti-Trump faction, who is the LEADER of that faction?
    I dont think there is an overt leader of even faction of the GOP currently. But there are quite a few lying in waiting. I do believe Jeff Flake, Ben Sasse, Charlie Baker, Marco Rubio etc are the newer faces of the GOP of the future. None like or favor Trump and his style of politics. So they are sitting quietly by doing their own thing and waiting for the dust to settle. When it does, they will probably emerge as the new leaders. Potentially they will drag the Trump supporters back into the fold or if they cant they will focus instead on independents and moderates to help them. However, like I said, if another person like Trump comes along and the party continues that way then that is surely trouble. But I just think he is appealing to the angry mob currently. Hopefully this will all go down as some odd, off the wall moment in history.
    Thanks from Jets and HCProf

  4. #134
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    21,383
    Thanks
    3356

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    Now you're pulling shit out your ass.

    What you should have said is..."I believe 2 out of 10 facts the media reports, verifies, and proves... of what Trump says".

    That would be closer to the truth.
    Estimation yes, like the thousands of lies that Trump made boils down to a few dozen statements. The media spin 2000 ways and called each a new lie.

  5. #135
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35,036
    Thanks
    30468

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    I dont think there is an overt leader of even faction of the GOP currently. But there are quite a few lying in waiting. I do believe Jeff Flake, Ben Sasse, Charlie Baker, Marco Rubio etc are the newer faces of the GOP of the future. None like or favor Trump and his style of politics. So they are sitting quietly by doing their own thing and waiting for the dust to settle. When it does, they will probably emerge as the new leaders. Potentially they will drag the Trump supporters back into the fold or if they cant they will focus instead on independents and moderates to help them. However, like I said, if another person like Trump comes along and the party continues that way then that is surely trouble. But I just think he is appealing to the angry mob currently. Hopefully this will all go down as some odd, off the wall moment in history.
    Jeff Flake, who I greatly admire even though I have many policy disagreements with him (just like John McCain!), is leaving Congress, and so has been quite outspoken. I won't be surprised if he mounts a primary challenge to Trump in 2020, or even a third party candidacy, and I hope he does!!

    But I have not heard much criticism of Trump lately from either Ben Sasse or Marco Rubio. They seem to have......acquiesced.....to the Trump Presidency. Yes, they both voted for the resolution supporting NATO, but that seems to be about as far as they'll go in 'opposing' Trump, because they wouldn't even get on board with Corker's proposal to require Congressional approval for national security justifications for tariffs.....

  6. #136
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    50,095
    Thanks
    15151

    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Op-ed from a legal immigrant that hates the Dem platform on immigration.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/766561002/
    sounds like an ignorant fucknut that doesn't know what he is talking about. Probably why his bullshit makes sense to you.

  7. #137
    Veteran Member Chief's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    28,656
    Thanks
    9787

    From
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservatarian View Post
    The democrats have taken psychotic to a whole new level with their irrational Trump hate.
    So compared to Republican irrational Obama hate the Dems are better than you dudes at this too?

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Thanks from BitterPill

  8. #138
    Ignorance Is Virtue BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    10,617
    Thanks
    7232

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    So compared to Republican irrational Obama hate the Dems are better than you dudes at this too?

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    I know. It's as if the alt-right's only saving grace, the only thing it's good at, is bigotry, but at least it's really good at that.

  9. #139
    Veteran Member Chief's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    28,656
    Thanks
    9787

    From
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    More like trump is hated for things the media says that he's said. Most of it is not even what trump has said.
    Unless of course the president is a hopeless narcissist, and is on record with many or most of these. Trump is a sort of open book because of his ego. To some extent his supporters are too.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Thanks from BitterPill

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 120
    Last Post: 2nd May 2018, 07:12 AM
  2. Could the Democratic Party die off?
    By 1924 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 269
    Last Post: 19th December 2016, 11:01 PM
  3. Democratic Party No Longer a National Party
    By John T Ford in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 16th November 2016, 01:42 PM
  4. Why White Workers left the Democratic Party
    By Dutch in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 29th August 2016, 11:31 AM
  5. 'The Democratic Party is No Longer the Party of Obama'
    By meridian5455 in forum Political Ideologies
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 4th November 2014, 12:06 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed