Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 315
Thanks Tree361Thanks

Thread: Senate overwhelmingly passes resolution supporting NATO...as Trump attacks continue

  1. #41
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50,735
    Thanks
    36267

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by publius3 View Post
    https://www.rt.com/news/nato-headqua...austerity-709/

    This is how you know NATO has jumped the shark. They not only have the resources to meet their military capabilities, they're throwing money around they obviously don't need to spend on 'military' to build world class corporate style campuses.

    Trump even noted the building and he knew on sight that the cost of it was ridiculous. Basically he said, 'look at this building, god only knows what this thing costs'

    And this is how you know when bureacracies completely out of control, they make no pretense about the resources they're wasting.
    Not NATO. The countries themselves are cheating.

  2. #42
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50,735
    Thanks
    36267

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    Agreed in principle. That’s the catch 22 with President Trumps bombastic style. He isn’t wrong in this case, but the message gets lost in verbosity.

    Jmo
    The message did not get lost on me because Democrats need to deal with why the anger is real,instead of mocking, which is what our MSM is doing right now!

    Has anyone found a clip of that exchange?

    This is not the first time I have disagreed with Democrats, will not be the last. That is why I am a Moderate Democrat. Willing to chastise my party and the MEDIA!

    I am firmly in the Democratic base, but the wild eyed Bernie Sanders, full blown radical does not work for me.
    Thanks from Jets

  3. #43
    Established Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,081
    Thanks
    1158

    From
    South FL
    If you let people take advantage of you, they'll do it.

  4. #44
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50,735
    Thanks
    36267

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by publius3 View Post
    European defense spending is 100% rational even if we assume the US left Europe. There really is no reason for them to spend more now. As it is they vastly outgun and outspend Russia.
    I have said that for a long time. We are long past the 1945 Marshal Plan. Have been,for 50 years! We have no business with Military in Countries that can afford to do it themselves.
    Thanks from publius3 and Jets

  5. #45
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50,735
    Thanks
    36267

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by publius3 View Post
    If you let people take advantage of you, they'll do it.
    And they have.

    I never thought I would say this, but this anger has been building since the 1980’s.

  6. #46
    Established Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,081
    Thanks
    1158

    From
    South FL
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Not NATO. The countries themselves are cheating.
    And that money comes from NATO's members, so, you know, if they have money for that, then they're obviously not worried about not having the tanks that money could have bought.

    I see no reason whatsoever that Europe is somehow incapable of spending $700bn on defense. They are a populous, prosperous place and they are capable of defending thenselves.

    Let THEM spend $700bn and we'll spend $200bn (i have to check EU collective defense spending). And then maybe we can build a billion dollar NORAD palace in Detroit.

  7. #47
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    35,242
    Thanks
    27965

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by publius3 View Post
    If you let people take advantage of you, they'll do it.
    Sometimes when you approach people as if they are taking advantage of you, they will.

  8. #48
    A Blue Dog Jets Fan Jets's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20,786
    Thanks
    8497

    From
    New York
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    The message did not get lost on me because Democrats need to deal with why the anger is real,instead of mocking, which is what our MSM is doing right now!

    Has anyone found a clip of that exchange?

    This is not the first time I have disagreed with Democrats, will not be the last. That is why I am a Moderate Democrat. Willing to chastise my party and the MEDIA!

    I am firmly in the Democratic base, but the wild eyed Bernie Sanders, full blown radical does not work for me.
    Careful MA, you might turn into a blue dog.

  9. #49
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50,735
    Thanks
    36267

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by publius3 View Post
    And that money comes from NATO's members, so, you know, if they have money for that, then they're obviously not worried about not having the tanks that money could have bought.

    I see no reason whatsoever that Europe is somehow incapable of spending $700bn on defense. They are a populous, prosperous place and they are capable of defending thenselves.

    Let THEM spend $700bn and we'll spend $200bn (i have to check EU collective defense spending). And then maybe we can build a billion dollar NORAD palace in Detroit.
    I see no reason for Germany,or any other European Country using their own money to defend themselves.

    I do not think we should leave NATO! I do think we need to protect ourselves. That is where Democrats and the ignorant pundits on the MSM have gone off the track. The media gave us Trump,and the Iraq war that is never ending.

  10. #50
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35,104
    Thanks
    30536

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by publius3 View Post
    That's neocon, NWO thinking right there. But for Team America: World Police, the US would not be able to engage the rest of the world in trade, right? Palpably ridiculous and Europe itself is the proof.

    Crimea is not our problem and that issue says nothing about continued US involvement in NATO because Russia annexed the Crimea with the US in NATO.....anyway.
    Yeah, and it was also 'not our problem' when the Germans invaded Poland in 1939.....
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey and steezer

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 21st July 2016, 01:28 PM
  2. Senate passes resolution honoring Prince
    By BDBoop in forum Current Events
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 28th April 2016, 06:29 AM
  3. Senate passes funding resolution bill...
    By GordonGecko in forum Current Events
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 30th September 2015, 02:37 PM
  4. Prop C passes overwhelmingly
    By j mac in forum Current Events
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 5th August 2010, 02:40 PM
  5. Georgia Senate overwhelmingly passes Sovereignty Resolution
    By Howe Itis in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 6th April 2009, 01:26 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed