Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 121
Thanks Tree92Thanks

Thread: Majority of democrats want their candidates to be more like Bernie Sanders

  1. #1
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,330
    Thanks
    28355

    From
    New Hampshire

    Majority of democrats want their candidates to be more like Bernie Sanders

    I live in New England and I really dont know any democrats who want this??? Most prefer moderates. Thoughts?

    A new poll released Wednesday by YouGov showed that a majority of Democrats want candidates in 2018 to be more like the independent, Democratic Socialist candidate.

    The polling firm asked: "Do you wish the candidates who run for Congress this year will be more or less like Bernie Sanders?"

    A full 57 percent of Democratic respondents said "more like Bernie Sanders" in response. Sixteen percent said less while 27 percent responded "not sure." Not surprisingly, Sanders was less popular with conservatives. Only 13 percent of Republicans said they wanted candidates to be more like Sanders, while 74 percent said less. Independents were split. Twenty-seven percent said more like Sanders, while 35 percent said less, and 38 percent said "not sure."

    Majority of Democrats Want Candidates to Be More Like Bernie Sanders, Poll Finds
    Thanks from Jets

  2. #2
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    50,700
    Thanks
    10255

    From
    United States
    It is now the Socialist party.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,330
    Thanks
    28355

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    It is now the Socialist party.
    I do tend to think some in the media like that and are possibly excited by that idea so they keep pushing it. It drives their ratings. But in reality I am not sure many really want that.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,280
    Thanks
    8276

    From
    In my mind
    I think the poll is a bit open ended on what being like Bernie Sanders means.

    Having more laid out and concise policy proposals? Being old? A lot of room to interpret as you like.
    Thanks from bajisima and Babba

  5. #5
    Ignorance Is Virtue BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    10,617
    Thanks
    7232

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    I live in New England and I really dont know any democrats who want this??? Most prefer moderates. Thoughts?

    A new poll released Wednesday by YouGov showed that a majority of Democrats want candidates in 2018 to be more like the independent, Democratic Socialist candidate.

    The polling firm asked: "Do you wish the candidates who run for Congress this year will be more or less like Bernie Sanders?"

    A full 57 percent of Democratic respondents said "more like Bernie Sanders" in response. Sixteen percent said less while 27 percent responded "not sure." Not surprisingly, Sanders was less popular with conservatives. Only 13 percent of Republicans said they wanted candidates to be more like Sanders, while 74 percent said less. Independents were split. Twenty-seven percent said more like Sanders, while 35 percent said less, and 38 percent said "not sure."

    Majority of Democrats Want Candidates to Be More Like Bernie Sanders, Poll Finds
    I want my candidates to be less like Trump, and the less the better.

    That's it.
    Thanks from Minotaur, Babba and Friday13

  6. #6
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    64,739
    Thanks
    32818

    From
    Vulcan
    "[M]ore or less like Bernie Sanders" could mean a lot of different things. Maybe it is just a push poll by a Sanders exploratory committee.
    Thanks from bajisima, Babba and boontito

  7. #7
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,330
    Thanks
    28355

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    "[M]ore or less like Bernie Sanders" could mean a lot of different things.
    True. But I suspect they could be thinking of things like single payer, higher min wage, free college etc. Most of the things he proposed.
    Thanks from labrea

  8. #8
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    50,700
    Thanks
    10255

    From
    United States
    This is really old news. Dims would have put up a Socialist as their Presidential candidate if the DNC had not cheated him out of it.
    Thanks from bmanmcfly and orangecat

  9. #9
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    38,930
    Thanks
    37127

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    I live in New England and I really dont know any democrats who want this??? Most prefer moderates. Thoughts?

    A new poll released Wednesday by YouGov showed that a majority of Democrats want candidates in 2018 to be more like the independent, Democratic Socialist candidate.

    The polling firm asked: "Do you wish the candidates who run for Congress this year will be more or less like Bernie Sanders?"

    A full 57 percent of Democratic respondents said "more like Bernie Sanders" in response. Sixteen percent said less while 27 percent responded "not sure." Not surprisingly, Sanders was less popular with conservatives. Only 13 percent of Republicans said they wanted candidates to be more like Sanders, while 74 percent said less. Independents were split. Twenty-seven percent said more like Sanders, while 35 percent said less, and 38 percent said "not sure."

    Majority of Democrats Want Candidates to Be More Like Bernie Sanders, Poll Finds

    I find it interesting that only 74% of Republicans don't want their candidates to be more like Bernie.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,890
    Thanks
    5072

    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    I do tend to think some in the media like that and are possibly excited by that idea so they keep pushing it. It drives their ratings. But in reality I am not sure many really want that.
    The hammer & sickle on democrat bumper sticker and yard signs is quite fitting.
    Thanks from Goofball

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Senate Democrats tap Bernie Sanders to lead outreach
    By BYG Jacob in forum Current Events
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 16th November 2016, 01:35 PM
  2. Bernie Sanders booed by House Democrats
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 7th July 2016, 05:18 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 1st June 2016, 08:51 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th March 2016, 11:27 AM
  5. Replies: 178
    Last Post: 22nd January 2016, 02:36 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed