Members banned from this thread: Rev. Hellh0und


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: NPR is lost to the right

  1. #1
    Senior Member zitiboy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,624
    Thanks
    2137

    From
    In a better place than u

    NPR is lost to the right

    This morning I'm listening to Sylvia Piagioli reporting on the crisis in Greece, and she says "Layoffs planned for the bloated public sector are going to be a problem..."

    The "bloated public sector"? WTF? How is THAT objective reporting? Who says the public sector in Greece is "bloated"?
    By what measure? More big governemnt crap from NPR now?

    Here's more from the Bart blog...

    "You'll cover the Tea Party, but god forbid you actually cover
    sane Americans demanding civilized economic policy,"
    -- Brad Nolen, asking NPR why they won't cover the Wall Street protests
    Link

    "
    The recent protests on Wall Street did not involve large numbers of people,
    prominent people, a great disruption or an especially clear objective.'"
    -- NPR's Dick Meyers

    Link

    Or, Meyers could've told the truth:

    "In the nineties, the GOP said we had to turn into their Whore or lose our funding."

    The Democrats, as always, had no opinion and no will to fight so NPR
    went with their new masters and now they cover Teabagger rallies only....

  2. #2
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40,460
    Thanks
    4488

    From
    NYC
    The funny thing about the "wall st" protestors is watching them amble in an out of McDonalds as they cry about coporate greed..... "laffin"

  3. #3
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,188
    Thanks
    0

    From
    New Jersey, USA
    I wonder how many of them still live with their parents.

  4. #4
    Miss Mock Out jackalope's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    51,139
    Thanks
    13051

    From
    Maine
    Quote Originally Posted by zitiboy View Post
    This morning I'm listening to Sylvia Piagioli reporting on the crisis in Greece, and she says "Layoffs planned for the bloated public sector are going to be a problem..."


    The "bloated public sector"? WTF? How is THAT objective reporting? Who says the public sector in Greece is "bloated"?
    By what measure? More big governemnt crap from NPR now?
    ...

    Pretty much everyone recognizes that Greece's public sector is bloated, and has been for awhile. Since joining the Euro, they've headed the wrong way on that.


    Here is the IMF in 2010, noting Greece's public sector was too large to be supported by their economy.

    Greece -- Frequently Asked Questions




    Also, wiki said the public sector was 40% of GDP in Greece. Obviously, too high.

  5. #5
    Miss Mock Out jackalope's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    51,139
    Thanks
    13051

    From
    Maine
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    The funny thing about the "wall st" protestors is watching them amble in an out of McDonalds as they cry about coporate greed..... "laffin"

    Yes, b/c they're down their protesting about food chains. So, naturally that would be really fucking funny when they ate food.




    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I wonder how many of them still live with their parents.

    Probably alot. The 'recession' generation is certainly having a hard time starting their adult lives in this economy.

  6. #6
    Penny for your thots Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    88,229
    Thanks
    24703

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    In Greece, the public sector is 40% of the GDP. How is "bloated" not a fair description?

  7. #7
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40,460
    Thanks
    4488

    From
    NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Yes, b/c they're down their protesting about food chains. So, naturally that would be really fucking funny when they ate food.

    I guess the irony is lost upon you, They protest corporate greed, then feed said beast by going to McDonalds. It is truly "fucking funny" watching them eat "food".....

  8. #8
    Miss Mock Out jackalope's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    51,139
    Thanks
    13051

    From
    Maine
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    I guess the irony is lost upon you, They protest corporate greed, then feed said beast by going to McDonalds. It is truly "fucking funny" watching them eat "food".....

    Yea, like I said. They're like .... totally down there protesting food chains. It's fucking funny when they eat.


    Oh, the irony.

  9. #9
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,188
    Thanks
    0

    From
    New Jersey, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post



    Probably alot. The 'recession' generation is certainly having a hard time starting their adult lives in this economy.
    Yeah I'm guessing a lot too.

  10. #10
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40,460
    Thanks
    4488

    From
    NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Yea, like I said. They're like .... totally down there protesting food chains. It's fucking funny when they eat.


    Oh, the irony.


    yeah, I can't make it any simpler, they are protesting coporate greed while giving money to big company mcdonalds.


    If you don't get it, don't bother responding as I can't make it any simpler for you. Sorry.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed