Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Religious Colleges considering dropping medical insurance offering to students

  1. #1
    Veteran Member Chief's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,273
    Thanks
    6017

    From
    Earth

    Religious Colleges considering dropping medical insurance offering to students

    Not just a Catholic controversy: Protestant colleges threaten to drop student health care over contraceptive mandate | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

    It's a balancing act... if you tell a organization how to provide their product or service, they may instead elect to not offer it... Interesting development.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    3

    Quick, how do you make an entire generation of young people hate you forever?

  3. #3
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    72,313
    Thanks
    36498

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Not just a Catholic controversy: Protestant colleges threaten to drop student health care over contraceptive mandate | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

    It's a balancing act... if you tell a organization how to provide their product or service, they may instead elect to not offer it... Interesting development.
    How mature. They act like this is the first time they've had to comply with federal regulations they didn't like.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Chief's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,273
    Thanks
    6017

    From
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    Quick, how do you make an entire generation of young people hate you forever?
    Make them eat their broccoli?

  5. #5
    Banned Camp Tetris Champion, Bumper Cards Champion, Patience Delux Champion, Solitare Slingo Champion, Bejeweled Champion, Big Money Champion, Animal Keeper Champion, Drop Bloxs Champion, Diamond Mine Champion, Dynomite Champion, Days of the Dead Champion, Flash Pegs Champion
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    37,968
    Thanks
    10415

    From
    Under your skin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Not just a Catholic controversy: Protestant colleges threaten to drop student health care over contraceptive mandate | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

    It's a balancing act... if you tell a organization how to provide their product or service, they may instead elect to not offer it... Interesting development.
    Maybe the issue is not one of religion at all, but simply that businesses and organizations are tired of being constantly told what to do by the government.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Chief's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,273
    Thanks
    6017

    From
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    How mature. They act like this is the first time they've had to comply with federal regulations they didn't like.
    If we were to tell Planned Parenthood that they had to devote at least the same amount of time promoting abstinence as safe sex, wouldn't that be considered a problem also? It's the government coming into a group and telling them how to operate. I certainly agree with some level of regulation and oversight to keep things safe and fair, but there should be limits.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    29,189
    Thanks
    3576

    I wonder how this may affect the Supreme Court consideration of Obama care?

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed