Members banned from this thread: Pragmatist


Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Results 241 to 249 of 249

Thread: Why Republicans want to kill Obamacare in its Infancy!

  1. #241
    Say What Chopper Challenge Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Yeti Sports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Let It Ride Champion, Slingo Joker Poker Champion, Make A Suit Champion, Yeti 9 - Final Spit Champion, American Poker II Champion, Yeti Pentathlon Champion, Flash Poker 2 Champion, Shadow The Hedgehog Champion, Castle of Cards Champion, Banker Brokers Champion, Jackpot Bars Champion, Shut the Box Champion, Spin to Win Champion, Spanish 21 Champion, Cribbage Master Champion, Slingo Brazil Champion, Shift Poker Solitaire Champion, One Piece - Card Game Champion, X-Bound Champion, Bomb Jack Champion, Tin Can Alley Champion, Bombjack 3: Hard Levels Champion, Pepsi Handball Champion, Atomica Champion, Blocks 2 Champion, Coball Champion, Puyo Champion, Lines Game Champion, Hunga Hatch Champion, TurboSpot Champion, Seal Growing Champion, Keepwalking`s Difference Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Archery 2000 Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion, X-Training Champion, Yeti Sports 5 - Flamingo Drive Champion, Yeti Sports 1 Greece Champion, Flight Simulator X Champion, Yeti Sports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Alchol Test Champion, Prison Throw Champion, Drunk Driver Championship Champion, Yeti Sports 1 Long Shot Porpheous Champion, Rafting Champion, Xtreme Invaders Champion, Racing By The Sea Champion, Rainman Champion, Meat The Mayor Champion, Xevious Champion, Master Breakout Champion, Radial Sudden Death Champion, Xmas trivia part 2 Champion, Rally 2100 Champion, Midget Or Baby Champion, Xmas trivia part 3 Champion, Mini Golf Gold Champion, 	Xmas blast billiards Champion, Railroad BOOM!! Champion, Michigan Hawk Champion, Spider Lines Champion, Atomica Champion, Mastermind Champion, Rainman Champion, Middle East - Geography game Champion, Five Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, 21 Champion Mertex's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15,334
    Thanks
    400

    From
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanty View Post
    And you'd argue against a cheaper means to pay for healthcare that covers more people with better coverage because...?
    I believe that most of the displeasure with Obamacare from the right has to do with the fact that it was passed by a Democratic Administration (even if most of it was the brainchild of Republicans), and they can't stand for anything that Democrats like to become law. Look at Roe v Wade. It was passed by a Republican majority in the Supreme Court, initiated by a Republican Justice, but because Democrats accepted it and started supporting it, they changed positions. Most Republicans will embrace the fact that Insurance companies will no longer be able to hike their premiums as they see fit, or cancel people that are costing them money, but will they admit it? No.

  2. #242
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,125
    Thanks
    11

    From
    Who Asked??
    Quote Originally Posted by Mertex View Post
    I believe that most of the displeasure with Obamacare from the right has to do with the fact that it was passed by a Democratic Administration (even if most of it was the brainchild of Republicans), and they can't stand for anything that Democrats like to become law. Look at Roe v Wade. It was passed by a Republican majority in the Supreme Court, initiated by a Republican Justice, but because Democrats accepted it and started supporting it, they changed positions. Most Republicans will embrace the fact that Insurance companies will no longer be able to hike their premiums as they see fit, or cancel people that are costing them money, but will they admit it? No.
    That's because Democrats are the unpatriotic treasonous bastard enemies of America/

  3. #243
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    61,110
    Thanks
    4006

    Quote Originally Posted by Mertex View Post
    Not too long ago Reps/cons were saying, the best that could happen is that Obamacare will be considered unconstitutional, and it wasn't, so just deal with it.
    It will be gone because this country can't afford it

  4. #244
    Say What Chopper Challenge Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Yeti Sports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Let It Ride Champion, Slingo Joker Poker Champion, Make A Suit Champion, Yeti 9 - Final Spit Champion, American Poker II Champion, Yeti Pentathlon Champion, Flash Poker 2 Champion, Shadow The Hedgehog Champion, Castle of Cards Champion, Banker Brokers Champion, Jackpot Bars Champion, Shut the Box Champion, Spin to Win Champion, Spanish 21 Champion, Cribbage Master Champion, Slingo Brazil Champion, Shift Poker Solitaire Champion, One Piece - Card Game Champion, X-Bound Champion, Bomb Jack Champion, Tin Can Alley Champion, Bombjack 3: Hard Levels Champion, Pepsi Handball Champion, Atomica Champion, Blocks 2 Champion, Coball Champion, Puyo Champion, Lines Game Champion, Hunga Hatch Champion, TurboSpot Champion, Seal Growing Champion, Keepwalking`s Difference Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Archery 2000 Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion, X-Training Champion, Yeti Sports 5 - Flamingo Drive Champion, Yeti Sports 1 Greece Champion, Flight Simulator X Champion, Yeti Sports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Alchol Test Champion, Prison Throw Champion, Drunk Driver Championship Champion, Yeti Sports 1 Long Shot Porpheous Champion, Rafting Champion, Xtreme Invaders Champion, Racing By The Sea Champion, Rainman Champion, Meat The Mayor Champion, Xevious Champion, Master Breakout Champion, Radial Sudden Death Champion, Xmas trivia part 2 Champion, Rally 2100 Champion, Midget Or Baby Champion, Xmas trivia part 3 Champion, Mini Golf Gold Champion, 	Xmas blast billiards Champion, Railroad BOOM!! Champion, Michigan Hawk Champion, Spider Lines Champion, Atomica Champion, Mastermind Champion, Rainman Champion, Middle East - Geography game Champion, Five Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, 21 Champion Mertex's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15,334
    Thanks
    400

    From
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    That's because Democrats are the unpatriotic treasonous bastard enemies of America/
    Ha,ha, says one that is a member of the whacko Bachmann party, who's own party members are turning against her unpatriotic treasonous evil accusations. Republicans, at least the ones that are running the Asylum are the ones that are the enemies of America. All the shit they bring up is only to benefit their agenda, their party, "the hell with America" should be their motto.

  5. #245
    Say What Chopper Challenge Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Yeti Sports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Let It Ride Champion, Slingo Joker Poker Champion, Make A Suit Champion, Yeti 9 - Final Spit Champion, American Poker II Champion, Yeti Pentathlon Champion, Flash Poker 2 Champion, Shadow The Hedgehog Champion, Castle of Cards Champion, Banker Brokers Champion, Jackpot Bars Champion, Shut the Box Champion, Spin to Win Champion, Spanish 21 Champion, Cribbage Master Champion, Slingo Brazil Champion, Shift Poker Solitaire Champion, One Piece - Card Game Champion, X-Bound Champion, Bomb Jack Champion, Tin Can Alley Champion, Bombjack 3: Hard Levels Champion, Pepsi Handball Champion, Atomica Champion, Blocks 2 Champion, Coball Champion, Puyo Champion, Lines Game Champion, Hunga Hatch Champion, TurboSpot Champion, Seal Growing Champion, Keepwalking`s Difference Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Archery 2000 Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion, X-Training Champion, Yeti Sports 5 - Flamingo Drive Champion, Yeti Sports 1 Greece Champion, Flight Simulator X Champion, Yeti Sports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Alchol Test Champion, Prison Throw Champion, Drunk Driver Championship Champion, Yeti Sports 1 Long Shot Porpheous Champion, Rafting Champion, Xtreme Invaders Champion, Racing By The Sea Champion, Rainman Champion, Meat The Mayor Champion, Xevious Champion, Master Breakout Champion, Radial Sudden Death Champion, Xmas trivia part 2 Champion, Rally 2100 Champion, Midget Or Baby Champion, Xmas trivia part 3 Champion, Mini Golf Gold Champion, 	Xmas blast billiards Champion, Railroad BOOM!! Champion, Michigan Hawk Champion, Spider Lines Champion, Atomica Champion, Mastermind Champion, Rainman Champion, Middle East - Geography game Champion, Five Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, 21 Champion Mertex's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15,334
    Thanks
    400

    From
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It will be gone because this country can't afford it
    It can if we do away with all the useless spending on wars and tax cuts brought on by Republicans.

  6. #246
    Six
    Six is offline
    Established Member Six's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,055
    Thanks
    482

    From
    Houston, Tx
    Quote Originally Posted by Mertex View Post
    Why are Republicans in Congress so adamant about killing the Affordable Health Care Act? Because they know that once it is fully implemented they will not be able to fool people into believing that it is a bad program.


    Republicans want to kill the Affordable Healthcare Act in its infancy because they know that once millions of Americans start to experience the benefits and realize how much better it is than what we had before, Obamacare will be with us forever. They coined the term "Obamacare" as a derogatory term, never realizing that we wouldn't take offense, but rather accept and own it as it gives Obama credit for it. Years from now, when even Republicans say "Don't mess with my Obamacare", Obama will be getting the credit for getting this country off that broken system we had before. If it hadn't been for Obama, millions would continue without healthcare insurance.

    As it is, some Republicans already like some of the provisions in Obamacare - so imagine what will happen in 2014, when it goes full bloom?

    Republicans actually like Obamacare - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    "The Affordable Health Care Act " ????

    LOL !!

    They want to kill it because it's a massive tax on the middle class. They want to kill it because it will stifle employment and hiring for millions of people.

    They want to kill it because it will destroy our health care system and bankrupt whats left of our Country.


    Honestly you Obama supporters are high on crack if you fail to realize the implications of this bill. You're blinded by your ideology.

    States that chose not to participate means that the people that qualify for government subsidized care will be sent back to the federal pool.

    How are they going to pay for that ???? With what money ? You Obama zombies going to tax the rich for it ?

    You might get .0001% of the money you need from them.

    What about bankrupt States that are forced to pick up millions of people who qualify for subsidized care ? And by the time this incompetent President gets done with the economy it's going to be millions more.

  7. #247
    Join, or Die nonsqtr's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    32,903
    Thanks
    4667

    From
    Vertiform City
    Quote Originally Posted by Mertex View Post
    Not too long ago Reps/cons were saying, the best that could happen is that Obamacare will be considered unconstitutional, and it wasn't, so just deal with it.
    The fun is only beginning.

    Try to look at this from a rightie's point of view, Mertex.

    First they wanted to give us single-payer, which was state control over the means of payment. That was kinda sorta okay, because payment isn't production, and it doesn't involve the state getting into bed with private companies (and vice versa).

    But what we got instead, was mandatory insurance (and penalties for not having it) - which means, that the insurance companies and pharma now depend on the state for 15-20% of their business. This is not good. That is very close to state control over the means of production, and that's a no-no in a right-thinking rightie's eyes.

    (But, you say, the Republicans are the ones who agreed to this compromise.... yeah, well, ... you can put two and two together on that one).

    Being taxed for not having an "approved" private contract, that is very VERY wierd government in a rightie's eyes. No good.

    Our federal government still does not have the Power to coerce a citizen to enter into a private contract. As a result of ObamaCare though, they now have the power to penalize for "not" having a private contract, something which in their infinite stupidity our Supreme Idiots called a "tax". Jeez. Can you say Orwellian doublespeak? War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Money is speech, and corporations are people. Syme says: "It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words."

    ObamaCare is FUBAR. It's a perfect example of politicians doing something for no other reason than so they can say they did something. This bill sucks, there's nothing good about it. All it does is force 30 million people to buy insurance. It does nothing to address healthcare.

    And that is the truth.

  8. #248
    Say What Chopper Challenge Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Yeti Sports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Let It Ride Champion, Slingo Joker Poker Champion, Make A Suit Champion, Yeti 9 - Final Spit Champion, American Poker II Champion, Yeti Pentathlon Champion, Flash Poker 2 Champion, Shadow The Hedgehog Champion, Castle of Cards Champion, Banker Brokers Champion, Jackpot Bars Champion, Shut the Box Champion, Spin to Win Champion, Spanish 21 Champion, Cribbage Master Champion, Slingo Brazil Champion, Shift Poker Solitaire Champion, One Piece - Card Game Champion, X-Bound Champion, Bomb Jack Champion, Tin Can Alley Champion, Bombjack 3: Hard Levels Champion, Pepsi Handball Champion, Atomica Champion, Blocks 2 Champion, Coball Champion, Puyo Champion, Lines Game Champion, Hunga Hatch Champion, TurboSpot Champion, Seal Growing Champion, Keepwalking`s Difference Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Archery 2000 Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion, X-Training Champion, Yeti Sports 5 - Flamingo Drive Champion, Yeti Sports 1 Greece Champion, Flight Simulator X Champion, Yeti Sports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Alchol Test Champion, Prison Throw Champion, Drunk Driver Championship Champion, Yeti Sports 1 Long Shot Porpheous Champion, Rafting Champion, Xtreme Invaders Champion, Racing By The Sea Champion, Rainman Champion, Meat The Mayor Champion, Xevious Champion, Master Breakout Champion, Radial Sudden Death Champion, Xmas trivia part 2 Champion, Rally 2100 Champion, Midget Or Baby Champion, Xmas trivia part 3 Champion, Mini Golf Gold Champion, 	Xmas blast billiards Champion, Railroad BOOM!! Champion, Michigan Hawk Champion, Spider Lines Champion, Atomica Champion, Mastermind Champion, Rainman Champion, Middle East - Geography game Champion, Five Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, 21 Champion Mertex's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15,334
    Thanks
    400

    From
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    "The Affordable Health Care Act " ????

    LOL !!

    They want to kill it because it's a massive tax on the middle class. They want to kill it because it will stifle employment and hiring for millions of people.

    They want to kill it because it will destroy our health care system and bankrupt whats left of our Country.
    So says Faux News? What health care system? The one where you don't know if you are going to be able to continue your insurance because they've hiked up the premiums? They decide to drop you because your medical treatments are costing them money? The ones that can't afford insurance wait till they are desperate and go to the ER, and taxpayers pick up the tab? If anything, what is going to bankrupt our country is the Republicans in Congress sitting on their fat asses doing nothing but voting to repeal it. The hell with trying to create jobs, or getting rid of the costly Bush tax cuts for the uber wealthy.


    Honestly you Obama supporters are high on crack if you fail to realize the implications of this bill. You're blinded by your ideology.
    Hoho! And Republicans have figured out that the implications of this bill are bad? It has been determined by experts that it will save money and reduce the deficit. What exactly are the implications of this bill? Affordable premiums, no hiking of premiums whenever the insurance company feels like hiking it, not being denied coverage for pre-existing conditions, being able to keep your college kids on your policy till they are 26? Yet Republicans in their insanity keep wasting our money by spending their time and effort, trying to repeal it, knowing full well it won't happen. If they were so smart, would they be going after the provisions that save money? It seems to me that Republicans are the ones that are not only high on crack, but the crack has deteriorated their brains.

    In the name of fiscal probity, the incoming Republican leadership in Congress has committed to doing whatever it takes to stop the health care reform act from taking effect.
    Yet many of the provisions that politicians have been taking aim at are the ones that save money — like those that reduce excessive provider payments and create new institutions to curb cost growth.

    If the newly elected representatives and senators are truly concerned about rising health care costs, they should work to deploy the law’s cost-containment measures fully rather than try to repeal them.

    Sure, the health care law is not perfect, but it would cut the nation’s long-term fiscal imbalance by a quarter and reduce the projected deficit within Medicare by three-quarters. That may seem fanciful, given how distorted the public discussion has become. But that’s what the projections show, as long as Congress sticks to its guns and the Obama administration does a good job carrying out the provisions of the law.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/04/op...szag.html?_r=1

    Wiki:
    The Congressional Budget Office projected PPACA will lower both future deficits[6] and Medicare spending.[7]


    States that chose not to participate means that the people that qualify for government subsidized care will be sent back to the federal pool.
    States that refuse to participate will end up having the Feds establish the exchanges for them, and end up giving the federal government more control over their state's health care system. That's pretty stupid if you ask me, considering their aim is to retain control. And the Republican governors who do this, will have to explain to their people why they made such a stupid choice. I bet it won't help them get re-elected.

    Internal Republican politics make it difficult for Perry and other governors to implement the Affordable Care Act even when it benefits their states. That political incentive is strong enough to compel cash-strapped governors to turn down money from Washington and give the federal government more control over their state’s health care system.
    http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/07/texas-rick-perry-rejects-obamacare-medicaid-expansion-exchanges.php

    How are they going to pay for that ???? With what money ? You zombies going to tax the rich for it ?
    I see you didn't read the rules of this Forum. Calling other members names is against the rules, but gathering from your comments, I suppose I should consider the source. However, if you do it again, ignorance will not be an excuse, I'll have to report you.

    And, I see Faux News has done a good job on you. Hmmmm, I wonder how we are able to pay for wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? With what money? Are you Reps going to tax the rich for it? Oh, no, you give the rich a tax cut - oh my, and still be able to pay for the wars!

    You might get .0001% of the money you from them.
    Huh? And I'm supposed to be the one on crack?


    What about bankrupt States that are forced to pick up millions of people who qualify for subsidized care ? And by the time this incompetent President gets done with the economy it's going to be millions more.
    Oh geez, they really are pushing the fear tactics over on the right, aren't they. The sky is falling, the sky is falling! We don't have money to take care of the poor, but we have money to give the rich another tax cut.

    I'm sorry,
    Yes, it appears you are.

  9. #249
    Banned Camp Blackjack Fever Champion, Brain Bones Champion
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    40,024
    Thanks
    5426

    From
    happyfunville
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanty View Post
    Because even retards get it right once in a while. I'm willing to believe you got something right at least once on your life.
    I'm right about your personal relationship with retardation, judging by the ineptness of your posts...

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed