Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 148

Thread: Obama Triumphus: The Ten Real Reasons Why the Republicans Lost the Presidency

  1. #121
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,944
    Thanks
    29

    From
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Mertex View Post
    Geez, do you need a picture. Obama has been blamed for not keeping some promises, many which Republicans in Congress kept him from accomplishing. But in your world, Congress is only responsible when it is Republican and the country does well. If the Congress is Democrat and the President is Republican, and success ensues, then it's the President who gets the credit. Gotcha.


    Yeah, it seems you think you are. You just told me that the only reason Clinton was successful was because of the Republican Congress. Yet, Obama's failed promises are not Republican Congress's fault, it is solely Obama's fault. Gotcha.


    I'm so tired of hearing that BS story that Obama had 11 months of super majority. Do you even know what a super majority is? Gov. Jennifer M. Granholm: Debunking the Myth: Obama's Two-Year Supermajority

    And damn right he fixed our economy. Did he do a miracle and turned it right side up after Bush totally trashed it, no, but, hell, we were headed for a depression under Bush.


    Obviously he has done something, or Bankers/Wall Street wouldn't have been supporting Mitt Romney. You claim to be non-partisan, yet you seem to overlook everything Republicans in Congress do. Obama passed Dodd-Frank Act, and Republicans are trying to tear it down.

    The president called on Republican lawmakers who support a repeal of the Dodd-Frank Act -- new rules for banks and financial institutions - to "stand on the side of reform." JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon announced on May 10 that his bank lost $2 billion dollars through risky transactions, which many Democrats say proves that Wall Street needs strong oversight. Many Republican members of Congress and congressional candidates, however, have opposed the Dodd-Frank Act. Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has also campaigned on the bill's repeal, and after JPMorgan's loss, Romney said it's how capitalism "works."
    In his weekly address, the president said, "For the past two years, too many Republicans in Congress and an army of financial industry lobbyists have actually been waging an all-out battle to delay, defund, and dismantle Wall Street reform."
    Obama says Wall Street regulations should move forward - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

    Just because he isn't doing exactly what you want, you consider that failure? Bwahaha. And, you non-partisan patriot, here you go again, giving Congress, which just happens to be Republican, another pass. So transparent you are.

    Members of Congress Who Reauthorized Warrantless Wiretapping Bill Don't Understand What It Does | Mother Jones

    Oh, boohoohoo.


    Ha,ha, there you go again with your conspiracy theory on Benghazi. You all haven't been able to prove a damn thing against Obama, but that doesn't keep you all from spewing lies about it.



    I tell you what. You seem to be on that same whining/crying rant that most Republican/conservatives seem to be on, that think that Romney was going to shit rainbows and fart butterflies. Well, the majority of America could see through the bullshit even though you all couldn't and decided to go with the one that has been making things better. Who gives a rat's ass that Republicans/conservatives don't like what he is doing or how he is doing it, we were tired of the bullshit that Obama hasn't done anything. He didn't put the country in the shithole like Bush did, and he didn't dis 47% of Americans like Romney did, so cry me a river, I don't give a shit.
    Thank you.

  2. #122
    Veteran Member Dr.Knuckles's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    97,001
    Thanks
    3378

    From
    Vancouver
    Daktoria and Aaronsongs are freakin doplegangers.

    Page 1 of this thread was spooky. It was like watching Fight Club the seocnd time when you know the twist.


    "Oh my God, he's fighting himself"


    Last edited by Dr.Knuckles; 12th November 2012 at 10:49 PM.

  3. #123
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    28,858
    Thanks
    3535

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronssongs View Post
    Evidence? Sources? Links?
    Logic. I have been reading the Economist for the past 2 years to try and broaden my perspective. Every time they analyze debt, they bring up the (obvious) fact that the size of government is aggravated by benefits that are given to everyone rather than means tested so that only the truly needy are given government largess. I also posted examples of these with links above in post #103 that show the enthusiasm with which Obama has increased food stamps, pell grants, welfare benefits and illegal immigration.

    Now folks can blame the Republicans for not joining the bribe-a-thon that was the Obama campaign. But when we are borrowing 40% of every dollar we spend, that is not the adult thing to do.
    Last edited by kmiller1610; 13th November 2012 at 01:30 AM.

  4. #124
    Off to greener pastures
    Joined
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,796
    Thanks
    3482

    From
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    Logic. I have been reading the Economist for the past 2 years to try and broaden my perspective. Every time they analyze debt, they bring up the (obvious) fact that the size of government is aggravated by benefits that are given to everyone rather than means tested so that only the truly needy are given government largess. I also posted examples of these with links above in post #103 that show the enthusiasm with which Obama has increased food stamps, pell grants, welfare benefits and illegal immigration.

    Now folks can blame the Republicans for not joining the bribe-a-thon that was the Obama campaign. But when we are borrowing 40% of every dollar we spend, that is not the adult thing to do.
    that's all lies and sissy chatter and you're a racist. Sorry, but you heard it here first. ;-)

  5. #125
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,944
    Thanks
    29

    From
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gently View Post
    Daktoria and Aaronsongs are freakin doplegangers.

    Page 1 of this thread was spooky. It was like watching Fight Club the seocnd time when you know the twist.


    "Oh my God, he's fighting himself"



    And you're insane.

  6. #126
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,944
    Thanks
    29

    From
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    Logic. I have been reading the Economist for the past 2 years to try and broaden my perspective. Every time they analyze debt, they bring up the (obvious) fact that the size of government is aggravated by benefits that are given to everyone rather than means tested so that only the truly needy are given government largess. I also posted examples of these with links above in post #103 that show the enthusiasm with which Obama has increased food stamps, pell grants, welfare benefits and illegal immigration.

    Now folks can blame the Republicans for not joining the bribe-a-thon that was the Obama campaign. But when we are borrowing 40% of every dollar we spend, that is not the adult thing to do.
    Let me put you out of your misery: Government Spends More on Corporate Welfare Subsidies than Social Welfare Programs Think by Numbers


    Government Spends More on Corporate Welfare Subsidies than Social Welfare Programs

    Time Magazine, Vol. 152 No. 19

    About $59 billion is spent on traditional social welfare programs. $92 billion is spent on corporate subsidies. So, the government spent 50% more on corporate welfare than it did on food stamps and housing assistance in 2006.

  7. #127
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,944
    Thanks
    29

    From
    Texas
    Thick as a brick.

  8. #128
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    28,858
    Thanks
    3535

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronssongs View Post
    Let me put you out of your misery: Government Spends More on Corporate Welfare Subsidies than Social Welfare Programs Think by Numbers


    Government Spends More on Corporate Welfare Subsidies than Social Welfare Programs

    Time Magazine, Vol. 152 No. 19

    About $59 billion is spent on traditional social welfare programs. $92 billion is spent on corporate subsidies. So, the government spent 50% more on corporate welfare than it did on food stamps and housing assistance in 2006.
    The government is buying votes from EVERYBODY. The only folks who should be getting government largess are the truly needy. Not sure why I post these things when you just ignore them.

    I have been reading the Economist for the past 2 years to try and broaden my perspective. Every time they analyze debt, they bring up the (obvious) fact that the size of government is aggravated by benefits that are given to everyone rather than means tested so that only the truly needy are given government largess.
    thick as a brick.jpg
    Last edited by kmiller1610; 13th November 2012 at 02:42 PM.

  9. #129
    Off to greener pastures
    Joined
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,796
    Thanks
    3482

    From
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by kmiller1610 View Post
    The government is buying votes from EVERYBODY. The only folks who should be getting government largess are the truly needy.
    Wall Street and the banker scum are needy, and Obama will not stop bailing them out. Who do you think buys these stinking puppets?

  10. #130
    Banned Camp Blackjack Fever Champion, Brain Bones Champion
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    40,024
    Thanks
    5426

    From
    happyfunville
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronssongs View Post
    I'm like a lightning rod. I can draw 'em out of the woodwork, like no other. But I have my can of Raid, at the ready.
    Raid won't protect you from a lightning bolt.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed