Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 197

Thread: Is this proper behavior for a "grieving parent"?

  1. #31
    King Obama is a traitor! michaelr's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89,589
    Thanks
    2701

    From
    FEMA Region 10
    Listen peeps, I understand the need to paint a logical picture on fucking everything. I really do, it is just sometimes you can not.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Stefan Bandera's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,521
    Thanks
    2518

    From
    Southington Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    I know people that have lost children. It effects them all their lives. They cope, they deal, but it's not normal again. One even took her life.
    Everyone is affected in diferent ways, copes in diferent ways. Someone else not I said it earlier 'until you walk in his shoes stick your tounge back against your vocal cords'.. THANKS

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,421
    Thanks
    846

    From
    Center of the universe no more
    That is a very short moment in time. My first inclination is that he is doing as I do...I have a very difficult time not smiling when giving bad news of a family or friend death. However those are cases where I am distant enough to not be experiencing deep grief. I don't think I would experience this over my own child or wife where my grief would be full.

    So, the video is strange for those few seconds. Maybe the thought of his taping going across the nation and world has something to do with it. A sense of embarassment maybe?

  4. #34
    Agua pa' la gente.... Rasselas's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    32,547
    Thanks
    5713

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    I am sure they do, but not if is would be as a result of your murdered 1st grader in such a tragedy.
    They don't laugh because they are happy. They laugh because they are sad and facing tragedy. A greater tragedy would not lesson the likelihood of laughter.

    No should I read the card, or use my own feelings and words?
    I don't know. But if you're afraid you can't get through the experience, reading the card might make sense.

    If you really want a sense of what this guy's feeling, you'll need more than a few seconds of videotape.

  5. #35
    King Obama is a traitor! michaelr's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89,589
    Thanks
    2701

    From
    FEMA Region 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    They don't laugh because they are happy. They laugh because they are sad and facing tragedy. A greater tragedy would not lesson the likelihood of laughter.

    I don't know. But if you're afraid you can't get through the experience, reading the card might make sense.

    If you really want a sense of what this guy's feeling, you'll need more than a few seconds of videotape.
    What we need is to hear from more parents away from the M$M cameras.

  6. #36
    Agua pa' la gente.... Rasselas's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    32,547
    Thanks
    5713

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    What we need is to hear from more parents away from the M$M cameras.
    Actually, what we need to do is give people their privacy and not go around making their particular private grief the invasive business of our nosy interest. It's one thing to rubberneck on the highway at a terrible accident. It's another to go up to the bodies and stare into their dead, open eyes and peer into their gaping wounds.

    In short.....who really gives a shit about this and why is it worth speculating about the terrible pain of other people?

  7. #37
    Senior Member Stefan Bandera's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    27,521
    Thanks
    2518

    From
    Southington Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    People laugh at funerals. Frequently.
    Because we are dealing with children being killed as in this case everyone is not only on edge but is being ultra critical. I do agree with you that people do laugh at wakes and funerals.
    When my father in law passed away my wife, sisters, brother in law and I were hearing a cat meowing from behind the the casket at his wake. My wife just blurts out "that's just Dad playing another of his jokes on us". We started laughing and had trouble stopping. My Mom who basically thinks that you do not even think about laughinh at funerals or in churches asked to speak with me in one of the private rooms where she proceeded to lambast me as if I had just kicked the Pope in the ass and she proceeded to tell me that she cannot beleive that she raised such a direspectfull idiot who laughs at wakes. So people behave and react in diferent ways.

    ps the funeral director did tell me that he had spotted feral cats around the cemetary ...

  8. #38
    King Obama is a traitor! michaelr's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89,589
    Thanks
    2701

    From
    FEMA Region 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Actually, what we need to do is give people their privacy and not go around making their particular private grief the invasive business of our nosy interest. It's one thing to rubberneck on the highway at a terrible accident. It's another to go up to the bodies and stare into their dead, open eyes and peer into their gaping wounds.

    In short.....who really gives a shit about this and why is it worth speculating about the terrible pain of other people?
    I disagree. This is going to effect all of us, and that make transparency important.

    Did you know that the CT state police will prosecute any blogger who questions the official story line?

    Connecticut State Police Threaten to Investigate and Arrest People Spreading False Information on Social Networking Sites

  9. #39
    King Obama is a traitor! michaelr's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89,589
    Thanks
    2701

    From
    FEMA Region 10
    People there are some of us literally putting our freedom on the line to seek nothing but truth. This is America, but it is an America where we could be treated like North Koreans. Do you people understand that?

  10. #40
    Agua pa' la gente.... Rasselas's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    32,547
    Thanks
    5713

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Bandera View Post
    Because we are dealing with children being killed as in this case everyone is not only on edge but is being ultra critical. I do agree with you that people do laugh at wakes and funerals.
    When my father in law passed away my wife, sisters, brother in law and I were hearing a cat meowing from behind the the casket at his wake. My wife just blurts out "that's just Dad playing another of his jokes on us". We started laughing and had trouble stopping. My Mom who basically thinks that you do not even think about laughinh at funerals or in churches asked to speak with me in one of the private rooms where she proceeded to lambast me as if I had just kicked the Pope in the ass and she proceeded to tell me that she cannot beleive that she raised such a direspectfull idiot who laughs at wakes. So people behave and react in diferent ways.

    ps the funeral director did tell me that he had spotted feral cats around the cemetary ...
    Not sure how that bears on the question of laughing at funerals. Now, if you asked the funeral director how people behave at funerals, I'm sure he'd know. But we don't know what the conversation was about in the 30 seconds before the clip begins. Maybe they heard a cat....

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed