Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Thanks Tree8Thanks

Thread: Government memo warns of security risk when using the ACA site

  1. #1
    Senior Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14,702
    Thanks
    4641

    From
    New Hampshire

    Government memo warns of security risk when using the ACA site

    "An internal government memo obtained by CNN and written just days before the start of open enrollment for Obamacare warned of a "high" security risk because of a lack of testing of the HealthCare.gov website." Great...

    Government memo warned of high security risk at health care website - CNN.com
    Thanks from meridian5455

  2. #2
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,922
    Thanks
    1088

    From
    <-------------> Floating Between Dimensions.
    "high" security risk? Being on the internet anywhere is, and when you enter a website door, it over. i

  3. #3
    Join, or Die nonsqtr's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    32,903
    Thanks
    4659

    From
    Vertiform City
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    "An internal government memo obtained by CNN and written just days before the start of open enrollment for Obamacare warned of a "high" security risk because of a lack of testing of the HealthCare.gov website." Great...

    Government memo warned of high security risk at health care website - CNN.com
    Yep. They went live knowing the risks.

    This is typical, yes? The engineers always notify the bosses about the risks. Always.
    Thanks from bajisima

  4. #4
    Senior Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    23,396
    Thanks
    1301

    They did not do a full system security check which means they may have problems protecting personal information from hackers

  5. #5
    Join, or Die nonsqtr's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    32,903
    Thanks
    4659

    From
    Vertiform City
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    They did not do a full system security check which means they may have problems protecting personal information from hackers
    Hackers, yeah... people dressed as telephone repairmen... even those ObamaCare recruiters. (That latter one is the biggest problem, as near as I can tell - done this way it doesn't even require a computer).

  6. #6
    Senior Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    23,396
    Thanks
    1301

    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    Hackers, yeah... people dressed as telephone repairmen... even those ObamaCare recruiters. (That latter one is the biggest problem, as near as I can tell - done this way it doesn't even require a computer).
    Nice try but the navigators are also incompetent

    Reports raise concern about backgrounds of ObamaCare 'navigators' | Fox News

    Obamacare?s Huckster ?Navigators? | National Review Online

    Obamacare Navigator Confuses Floridians About New Law's Nonexistent Credit-Check Requirements - Hit & Run : Reason.com
    Thanks from nonsqtr

  7. #7
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,918
    Thanks
    1340

    An illegal immigrant in New York is serving as an Obamacare navigator, according to the Center for Immigration Studies, a non-profit limited immigration group.

    House Oversight Committee recently issued a report highlighting the personal security risks involved with handing over sensitive consumer information to such workers — who are not required to undergo background checks.

    “[T]he main concern for consumers is the heightened risk of identity theft and financial loss from a poorly managed outreach campaign,” the Oversight Committee report read. “Navigators and Assisters will come into contact with a plethora of personally identifiable information (PII), including an applicant’s Social Security number, date of birth and income, as well as the PII of everyone in an applicant’s household.”


    Read more: Report: Obamacare 'navigator' possibly in US illegally | The Daily Caller
    Read more: Report: Obamacare 'navigator' possibly in US illegally | The Daily Caller
    Thanks from nonsqtr and ptif219

  8. #8
    Senior Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    43,265
    Thanks
    4211

    From
    Mass
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    "An internal government memo obtained by CNN and written just days before the start of open enrollment for Obamacare warned of a "high" security risk because of a lack of testing of the HealthCare.gov website." Great...

    Government memo warned of high security risk at health care website - CNN.com
    Street corner thug says: "Buying from the other guy could could prove very ….unhealthy….Know what I mean?" (spoken with a heavy Italian hood accent)

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,768
    Thanks
    2431

    I'm sorry, but anyone who'd comply with this progressive clusterfuck is a fucking idiot who deserves whatever hell befalls them.

    yes, you.
    Thanks from nonsqtr

  10. #10
    Join, or Die nonsqtr's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    32,903
    Thanks
    4659

    From
    Vertiform City
    Quote Originally Posted by webrockk View Post
    I'm sorry, but anyone who'd comply with this progressive clusterfuck is a fucking idiot who deserves whatever hell that befalls them.

    yes, you.
    Yep. That was my conclusion too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed