Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
Thanks Tree7Thanks

Thread: Democrats have "shelved" the word "recovery" this year...

  1. #1
    Senior Member Raoul_Duke's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    10,696
    Thanks
    2638

    Democrats have "shelved" the word "recovery" this year...

    It's a political loser because it just points out how ineffective their economic policies have been:

    Advice to Democrats: Don't say 'recovery'

    It mentions the President's efforts to paint Republicans as "blocking" legislation that would help the economy grow. This is, of course, complete horse shit. First off, the economy doesn't need "legislation" in order to grow. It grows organically on its own and we need to ask ourselves why that isn't happening during the Obama years. Is economic growth racist? Or are the kinds of policies the President has gotten passed and constantly proposes acting as a deterrent to hiring and investment? And then you have to ask - is there nothing in the Republican agenda, that would pass in a heartbeat if the President was willing to sign on to it, which would foster economic growth? Nothing at all anywhere in their agenda that might have a positive effect on growth and jobs? If you ask these questions the answer becomes rather clear - it is the President's agenda, the Democrats' policies, and their refusal to work with the Republicans holding back the, dare I say it, recovery. We need to get them out of the way if we want to see any kind of meaningful economic growth and job creation. Remember that when you get in the voting booth this November!
    Thanks from Rorschach

  2. #2
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    53,875
    Thanks
    19117

    From
    america
    Yea, well, they have kinda worn it out.

    In fact, they have used it so much to describe what is NOT a "recovery," one has to question what the term actually MEANS when a Liberal speaks it....?????

    (When I hear a Liberal speak of "recovery," I immediately think of fur more years of shitty economic numbers...)

  3. #3
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,944
    Thanks
    1460

    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul_Duke View Post
    It's a political loser because it just points out how ineffective their economic policies have been:
    You're supposed to be a libertarian. Government policy is supposed to be irrelevant. Crikey, Rorschach!

  4. #4
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11,977
    Thanks
    8019

    From
    The greatest place on Earth California
    When the job is done you need not talk about it anymore. All the Bush legacy failures and problems have been fixed or are within reach in a few months or days. Find some other republican talking point that is relevant, if you can.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Raoul_Duke's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    10,696
    Thanks
    2638

    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    You're supposed to be a libertarian. Government policy is supposed to be irrelevant. Crikey, Rorschach!
    No libertarian considers government policy "irrelevant." Just shows how little you know about libertarianism. Inefficient? Ineffective? Interfering? Yes, yes and yes. But irrelevant it is not. Maybe you should try reading up on libertarianism before you decide to comment on what it does or doesn't consider.

  6. #6
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    40,229
    Thanks
    42176

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    Yea, well, they have kinda worn it out.

    In fact, they have used it so much to describe what is NOT a "recovery," one has to question what the term actually MEANS when a Liberal speaks it....?????

    (When I hear a Liberal speak of "recovery," I immediately think of fur more years of shitty economic numbers...)
    All I can remember from Bush and Reagan is deficit spending and recession.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Raoul_Duke's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    10,696
    Thanks
    2638

    Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    When the job is done you need not talk about it anymore. All the Bush legacy failures and problems have been fixed or are within reach in a few months or days. Find some other republican talking point that is relevant, if you can.
    Wealth inequality worse? Check!
    Poverty up? Check!
    Middle class shrinking? Check!
    Wages down? Check!
    Labor Force Participation Down? Check!
    Job creation stalled? Check!
    Federal Debt up? Check!
    Trillion $ deficits as far as the eye can see? Check!

    If that is "mission accomplished" it says a lot about the Obama Agenda...

  8. #8
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    40,229
    Thanks
    42176

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Oh, yeah, and massive tax cuts for the rich, that winner, winner, chicken dinner.

  9. #9
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22,696
    Thanks
    13772

    From
    aMEEErica
    Republicans in Congress have shelved the words "get something done" for the rest of the year at least, and quite unashamedly I might add.

    Imagine if you went into work and announced you were not going to do anything this year, there is nothing on the slate...

    Thx

  10. #10
    Senior Member Raoul_Duke's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    10,696
    Thanks
    2638

    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    All I can remember from Bush and Reagan is deficit spending and recession.
    Are you going to remember something better from Obama? WTF?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st July 2013, 04:21 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd November 2012, 04:52 AM
  3. Replies: 127
    Last Post: 2nd November 2010, 05:45 PM
  4. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 27th October 2008, 03:39 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed