Members banned from this thread: MaryAnne


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
Thanks Tree12Thanks

Thread: War on NUTELLA ???

  1. #11
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    38,692
    Thanks
    23667

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Tons of things have palm oil in them. Those "soft" cookies from the store? Look at the ingredients.
    Just a sample...


  2. #12
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    38,692
    Thanks
    23667

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Sleep easy, folks.

    The report found that palm oil becomes more carcinogenic when heated above 200°C (392°F). While no consumers typically eat the spread heated at that temperature, some companies do cook palm oil at high temperatures to burn off its natural red coloring and to neutralize its odor. Ferrero, the maker of Nutella, told Reuters its industrial processes do not reach that high temperature.

  3. #13
    El Psy Kongroo Lunchboxxy's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,971
    Thanks
    10057

    From
    Oregon
    Thread Ban Notice

    MaryAnne has been banned from this thread. Please do not reply to their posts


  4. #14
    vulgar? Rasselas's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    57,311
    Thanks
    29777

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVsMatrix View Post
    And those ARE baked at high temperatures.
    But not almost 400 degrees, I don't think. Cookies are usually baked at about 350 F. The "200 degrees" measure is celsius.
    Thanks from NeoVsMatrix

  5. #15
    Established Member NeoVsMatrix's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5,664
    Thanks
    4769

    From
    NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    But not almost 400 degrees, I don't think. Cookies are usually baked at about 350 F. The "200 degrees" measure is celsius.
    I just think it's another stupid modern time overreaction.

    And mind you, those countries who are currently pulling NUTELLA from the shelves.. are all still selling - and caching government money in on it- cigarettes.

  6. #16
    My kingdom for theTeat Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    26,823
    Thanks
    16041

    From
    On a happy trail
    The stuff is sicky sweet anyway and I hate it when cheap bakeries use it to fill their donuts instead of using a chocolate pudding..

    Yuck.

  7. #17
    Veteran Member Kontrary's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    13,892
    Thanks
    12489

    From
    Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVsMatrix View Post
    I just think it's another stupid modern time overreaction.

    And mind you, those countries who are currently pulling NUTELLA from the shelves.. are all still selling - and caching government money in on it- cigarettes.
    Its bad for the environment, really bad....its not an over-reaction to address such issues, we dont NEED to eat this stuff, we can live quite well without it, so maybe we should stop since its so harmful to the environment...seems a no brainer to me.
    Thanks from Friday13 and Panzareta

  8. #18
    Moderator jacobfitcher's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,558
    Thanks
    4929

    From
    Canada
    Take my Rocher? Right. From my cold, dead hands.
    Thanks from NeoVsMatrix

  9. #19
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    17,531
    Thanks
    15134

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobfitcher View Post
    Take my Rocher? Right. From my cold, dead hands.
    The center is Nutella, yes, from your cold dead hands.

  10. #20
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    15,044
    Thanks
    4414

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontrary View Post
    Its bad for the environment, really bad....its not an over-reaction to address such issues, we dont NEED to eat this stuff, we can live quite well without it, so maybe we should stop since its so harmful to the environment...seems a no brainer to me.
    There's a whole bunch of things we don't NEED to eat.

    Sugar would be toward the top of the list.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed