Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 185
Thanks Tree139Thanks

Thread: 8 of America's favorite restaurant chains are desperate for customers

  1. #171
    Veteran Member Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    78,846
    Thanks
    52251

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    Yeah, I don't believe they prep the potatoes before they run 'em through the cutter, so the fries come out, blemishes and all.

    I believe McDonald's wins for fries among the big chains.

    Thx
    Can't stand McDonald's fries... bland and way too salty. Love fresh cut, especially when the ends still have the peel.
    Thanks from Sassy

  2. #172
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    18,987
    Thanks
    10706

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    I normally love fries cooked from freshly cut potatoes, but theirs are so icky.
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Can't stand McDonald's fries... bland and way too salty. Love fresh cut, especially when the ends still have the peel.
    Yeah, like I said, people either love them or loath them.

    Myself... I pick through them and skip the ones with black spots and eyes.

    I like McDonald's fries, I can do In-n-Out fries and I like Carl's fries, even though they are formed.

    Thx

  3. #173
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    37,051
    Thanks
    14376

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    Yeah, I don't believe they prep the potatoes before they run 'em through the cutter, so the fries come out, blemishes and all.

    I believe McDonald's wins for fries among the big chains.

    Thx
    They don't prep them after cutting the way they should. It's been too long for me to remember the details but I worked at a place I cut them and then prepped them and they were GOOD. I think we partially fried them and then put them in the fridge? something.

  4. #174
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    37,051
    Thanks
    14376

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    Yeah, like I said, people either love them or loath them.

    Myself... I pick through them and skip the ones with black spots and eyes.

    I like McDonald's fries, I can do In-n-Out fries and I like Carl's fries, even though they are formed.

    Thx
    I'll eat Whataburger fries, which appear to be very similar to McDonald's but they are better for some reason. Their burgers are real, freshly cooked meat. Obvious why those are better.
    Thanks from Thx1138

  5. #175
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    18,987
    Thanks
    10706

    From
    aMEEErica
    What I remember about In-n-Out, they did have pretty fresh toppings and fresh cut onions.

    But, the burgers are fried on a stainless steel grill, definitely not the best way to do that.

    Carl's has that down, someone puts the burgers into one end of a conveyor, they go into the char-broiler and by the time they get through it has to be done, no guesswork there!

    I liked their California roast beef sandwiches too, even though I believe they were microwaved.

    But, where else are you going to get Monterey Jack with a mild Ortega chili?

    Arby's was the best for f/f roast beef

    Thx

  6. #176
    Veteran Member Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    78,846
    Thanks
    52251

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    Yeah, like I said, people either love them or loath them.

    Myself... I pick through them and skip the ones with black spots and eyes.

    I like McDonald's fries, I can do In-n-Out fries and I like Carl's fries, even though they are formed.

    Thx
    All tastes are different, that's why there's so many different options. Best fries I ever had came with a bacon burger from a locally owned little place up on the south side of Blewett Pass.

    http://www.dailyrecordnews.com/membe...98ac455f2.html
    Thanks from Thx1138

  7. #177
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,753
    Thanks
    4188

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    The best fries are "steak" fries, cut thick and cooked peel and all.

  8. #178
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    37,051
    Thanks
    14376

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    All tastes are different, that's why there's so many different options. Best fries I ever had came with a bacon burger from a locally owned little place up on the south side of Blewett Pass.

    Liberty Cafe on U.S. 97 is a hub for small community | Members | dailyrecordnews.com
    Here the best are from a local chain called Simply burgers. Fresh-cut, prepped right, the potato not fried out or them, and awesome seasoning. They all know me. French fries togo? yup. lol.

    Oh and they are cheap! FF places want almost $3 for their not even real potatoes anymore fries. These are .... well crap I haven't been in a while, but more fries for under $2. I can't even finish them.

    I don't eat beef but I am told their burgers are really good and with them also I can see you get a lot more for your money.
    Thanks from boontito

  9. #179
    Veteran Member Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    78,846
    Thanks
    52251

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    I don't eat beef but I am told their burgers are really good and with them also I can see you get a lot more for your money.
    I don't understand what that means. I mean, I recognize those four words but seeing them in that order is confusing.
    Thanks from bajisima, BigLeRoy and Sassy

  10. #180
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    19,610
    Thanks
    17243

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    I don't understand what that means. I mean, I recognize those four words but seeing them in that order is confusing.
    Beef is what's for dinner!!

    Now THERE'S a sentence we can ALL understand!
    Thanks from bajisima

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 180
    Last Post: 8th April 2016, 03:38 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26th September 2014, 07:52 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 1st November 2011, 09:06 AM
  4. Bank Of America Is Getting Desperate
    By michaelr in forum Economics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 15th December 2010, 12:34 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed