Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 142
Thanks Tree34Thanks

Thread: Volkswagon and Fiat Chrysler to merge?

  1. #41
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    31,335
    Thanks
    24665

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
    I bet they did! It was a really bad fuck up.
    Largest payout ever by a car maker. Which is good for VW owners but I'm still at a loss why other cars that actually caused deaths, got off much lighter than VW did. I mean I don't like that's I'm emitting more pollutions, - it's just a real bummer.

    BTW, we also got 2K in gift cards (1K each) last year. Those also came in pretty handy

  2. #42
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,878
    Thanks
    4840

    From
    Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Largest payout ever by a car maker. Which is good for VW owners but I'm still at a loss why other cars that actually caused deaths, got off much lighter than VW did. I mean I don't like that's I'm emitting more pollutions, - it's just a real bummer.

    BTW, we also got 2K in gift cards (1K each) last year. Those also came in pretty handy
    I bet they did. I think VW has definitely done right by the people affected by this. I wonder how many would not buy another VW? I know I will for sure when the time comes.

  3. #43
    Swamper chaos's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,635
    Thanks
    1175

    From
    Cyberia
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    Audis are over-engineered, over-priced crap.
    But they sure are fun to drive.

  4. #44
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,878
    Thanks
    4840

    From
    Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    But they sure are fun to drive.
    And number 1 on Consumer Reports list of best car brands:

    Consumer Reports' best and worst car brands in 2016 | Newsday
    Thanks from chaos

  5. #45
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    31,335
    Thanks
    24665

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
    I bet they did. I think VW has definitely done right by the people affected by this. I wonder how many would not buy another VW? I know I will for sure when the time comes.
    Well according to the few VW forums I have visited - most are going to go with a another VW. Diesel of not they are really well made cars. I guess I should count myself lucky - between what I and my hubby get - it will basically pay for the brand new model I'm eyeing, fully loaded.

  6. #46
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    31,335
    Thanks
    24665

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
    And number 1 on Consumer Reports list of best car brands:

    Consumer Reports' best and worst car brands in 2016 | Newsday
    LOL - if my replacement VW doesn't live up to my "standards", I'm considering at Audi - leasing it because no way am I'm paying that much for a car. Although all my friends that drive them, love them.

  7. #47
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,878
    Thanks
    4840

    From
    Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    LOL - if my replacement VW doesn't live up to my "standards", I'm considering at Audi - leasing it because no way am I'm paying that much for a car. Although all my friends that drive them, love them.
    My friend has an A5 that he loves. I agree though, lease it if that's what you get.
    Thanks from HayJenn

  8. #48
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    28,672
    Thanks
    26708

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    But they sure are fun to drive.
    Yeah, they are. Just not cars that you'd want to keep until they become maintenance nightmares.

  9. #49
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,677
    Thanks
    7680

    From
    Houston, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Not the same soul.

    VW is dropping that turbo in more cars these days. The S4s went from a v8 to a supercharged v6.
    They are all using turbos now. My Chevrolet Cruze has a 1.4 liter engine with a turbo charger. There are plenty of motorcycles with engines larger than that. It's won't beat a Corvette, but it does alright.

  10. #50
    New Member Sneakypete's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    49

    From
    Mostly the Planet Earth
    Why would VW want to start building shit cars and go into bankruptcy?

    The last time Fiat built good cars was never.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fiat Chrysler to invest $1 billion in U.S. plants, add jobs
    By Spookycolt in forum Current Events
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 9th January 2017, 02:51 PM
  2. Fiat and Volkswagon deny merger rumors
    By bajisima in forum Economics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23rd July 2014, 12:36 PM
  3. Fiat to buy full control of Chrysler
    By bajisima in forum Economics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 6th February 2014, 03:37 PM
  4. FIAT/Chrysler Merger
    By NewPublius in forum Economics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 4th April 2012, 11:52 AM
  5. How many people can fit in a volkswagon?
    By lakeman in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 3rd November 2009, 12:48 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed