Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50
Thanks Tree9Thanks

Thread: Dow Closes Down as Markets Lose Confidence in Trump

  1. #31
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    42,112
    Thanks
    32595

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    DOW finishes day up 56 points.
    Yeah, not very robust.

  2. #32
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    8,837
    Thanks
    2628

    If anybody knew the real reasons why the market went up or down, they wouldn't be telling us. They'd be hiring people to sit in a room and count their money for them. Nothing is more misleading or stupid than the ol' "The market closed down sharply today amid concerns over...." That whole "...amid concerns over..." thing makes me want to slap somebody every time.

  3. #33
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    42,112
    Thanks
    32595

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    If anybody knew the real reasons why the market went up or down, they wouldn't be telling us. They'd be hiring people to sit in a room and count their money for them. Nothing is more misleading or stupid than the ol' "The market closed down sharply today amid concerns over...." That whole "...amid concerns over..." thing makes me want to slap somebody every time.
    Markets are closing tied to what Administrations do. They don't like chaos.
    Thanks from Eve1 and Devil505

  4. #34
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,688
    Thanks
    24510

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Markets are closing tied to what Administrations do. They don't like chaos.
    Yea but they overreact as well. The stock market lost almost 2000 points during 2015 as well and it meant nothing long term.

    Dow Jones - 10 Year Daily Chart | MacroTrends

  5. #35
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    8,837
    Thanks
    2628

    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Markets are closing tied to what Administrations do. They don't like chaos.
    They also don't like weak earnings reports, or all manner of herd mentality behavior that can happen out there, dozens and dozens of things can start off a little run or something. The markets flourished relentlessly for 8 years while Bush/Cheney killed millions and destabilized an entire region of the planet. Sometimes markets love chaos. Wall St is people, and they can be moved by all sorts of things. How long before some small group decides they can turn a profit on somebody else selling shit off because they're thinking about Washington...and next thing you know, the needle is moving the other way, then others decide they don't want to miss out, etc.

  6. #36
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    60,203
    Thanks
    17938

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Markets are closing tied to what Administrations do. They don't like chaos.
    As Trump supporters are quickly learning, "Chaos" is Trump's middle name with no end in sight.

    Thanks GOP!

  7. #37
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,688
    Thanks
    24510

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    They also don't like weak earnings reports, or all manner of herd mentality behavior that can happen out there, dozens and dozens of things can start off a little run or something. The markets flourished relentlessly for 8 years while Bush/Cheney killed millions and destabilized an entire region of the planet. Sometimes markets love chaos. Wall St is people, and they can be moved by all sorts of things. How long before some small group decides they can turn a profit on somebody else selling shit off because they're thinking about Washington...and next thing you know, the needle is moving the other way, then others decide they don't want to miss out, etc.
    Markets like war especially. That means huge profits for defense and all their related entities, which is like over half of everything on the stock market. That's why they rise. Occasionally we get to see new things like the internet and dot.com during the 90s which propelled the market as it was new territory. But usually they do like war.

  8. #38
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    30,355
    Thanks
    79

    From
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Lost 400 yesterday.
    At this rate Trump will have all our retirement money b4 he resigns in the Fall.
    dow up 2000 points since trump became president.

    go blow!

  9. #39
    told you so Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    44,005
    Thanks
    25531

    From
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    dow up 2000 points since trump became president.

    go blow!
    Do you mean since he was elected? It's not up that far since he was inaugurated.


    It's up 40 points for the last 3 months, since it started becoming clear that Trump was not merely unprepared for the presidency, and definitely not crazy like a fox -- but just flat out crazy.

  10. #40
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    30,355
    Thanks
    79

    From
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Do you mean since he was elected? It's not up that far since he was inaugurated.


    It's up 40 points for the last 3 months, since it started becoming clear that Trump was not merely unprepared for the presidency, and definitely not crazy like a fox -- but just flat out crazy.
    split hairs all you want!

    up 2000 points since november 9th.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10th May 2017, 08:01 PM
  2. Confidence in Trump grows after election
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 15th December 2016, 03:52 PM
  3. MARKETS SHUT DOWN as they crashed over TRUMP possible win!
    By cpicturetaker12 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 9th November 2016, 12:10 AM
  4. Trump knows he is about to lose.
    By thrilling in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th October 2016, 10:14 AM
  5. Ivanka Trump markets her look after RNC speech.
    By the watchman in forum Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22nd July 2016, 05:37 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed