Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By MaryAnne

Thread: Corporations Love Canadian Health Care.

  1. #1
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    39,712
    Thanks
    28554

    From
    Englewood,Ohio

    Corporations Love Canadian Health Care.

    Thanks from Friday13

  2. #2
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,785
    Thanks
    9256

    From
    By the wall
    Sure its great if you like rationed care and a lack of innovation.

    Why do you think so many Canadians go outside of country to get care, its because their government won't cover it. They tell you the medications and treatments you can get. In fact there are many proven medicines, like for colon cancer, that Canada will not add to their treatments.

    You also don't get timely care, 2 out of 10 Canadians can't get treatment when they need it. For example, fall and break your hip and you could be waiting 6 months for a hip replacement and that's if the government tells you it's covered. You are then forced to take the treatments they tell you to get even if there may be better options available.

    Thanks but no thanks.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Joined
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    244
    Thanks
    150

    From
    America's Touque
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Sure its great if you like rationed care and a lack of innovation.

    Why do you think so many Canadians go outside of country to get care, its because their government won't cover it. They tell you the medications and treatments you can get. In fact there are many proven medicines, like for colon cancer, that Canada will not add to their treatments.

    You also don't get timely care, 2 out of 10 Canadians can't get treatment when they need it. For example, fall and break your hip and you could be waiting 6 months for a hip replacement and that's if the government tells you it's covered. You are then forced to take the treatments they tell you to get even if there may be better options available.

    Thanks but no thanks.
    More Americans travel abroad for treatment. Having to wait for hip replacement is better than never being able to afford it.

    As I stated in another thread I do not know of anyone who traveled to the states for treatment. My uncle choose to wait to have his knee replacement done in Canada instead of the US ( where he spends half of the year).

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,390
    Thanks
    19684

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Sure its great if you like rationed care and a lack of innovation.

    Why do you think so many Canadians go outside of country to get care, its because their government won't cover it. They tell you the medications and treatments you can get. In fact there are many proven medicines, like for colon cancer, that Canada will not add to their treatments.

    You also don't get timely care, 2 out of 10 Canadians can't get treatment when they need it. For example, fall and break your hip and you could be waiting 6 months for a hip replacement and that's if the government tells you it's covered. You are then forced to take the treatments they tell you to get even if there may be better options available.

    Thanks but no thanks.
    Ask any Canadian if s/he would prefer our healthcare system before the ACA . You're wrong about not being able to get treatment when they need it. If you break a hip you get treated immediately. Does that even make sense to you?You act as though we can just go to a doctor and get surgery the next day.and "so many" Canadians don't come here for treatment. You left out that the Canadians have to surrender the firstborn if they want to immediate treatment.
    You said they have to come here because their gov insurance won't cover it, neither will it cover it here and they'll pay a fortune .

  5. #5
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33,853
    Thanks
    36053

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Sure its great if you like rationed care and a lack of innovation.

    Why do you think so many Canadians go outside of country to get care, its because their government won't cover it. They tell you the medications and treatments you can get. In fact there are many proven medicines, like for colon cancer, that Canada will not add to their treatments.

    You also don't get timely care, 2 out of 10 Canadians can't get treatment when they need it. For example, fall and break your hip and you could be waiting 6 months for a hip replacement and that's if the government tells you it's covered. You are then forced to take the treatments they tell you to get even if there may be better options available.

    Thanks but no thanks.
    How long are the 23 million Trumpcare kicks off healthcare coverage going to have to wait for their hip replacement? Does forever sound about right?

  6. #6
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,785
    Thanks
    9256

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    Ask any Canadian if s/he would prefer our healthcare system before the ACA . You're wrong about not being able to get treatment when they need it. If you break a hip you get treated immediately. Does that even make sense to you?You act as though we can just go to a doctor and get surgery the next day.and "so many" Canadians don't come here for treatment. You left out that the Canadians have to surrender the firstborn if they want to immediate treatment.
    You said they have to come here because their gov insurance won't cover it, neither will it cover it here and they'll pay a fortune .
    Actually the FDA has approved many drugs here, my colon cancer example being one of them, that Canada will not cover.

    And remember that if we switch to their system most insured people will fall under those rules. Its not like you can keep your plan.

    So yes, more will be covered but those covered now will suddenly find their coverage dictated by the government.

    So basically to serve the minority you are going to make the majority suffer.

    I'm sorry some won't have insurance but that's not my problem and I shouldn't have to suffer for them. I worked damn hard for the insurance I got and I don't want to give it up for those that refuse to make the same sacrifices I did.

  7. #7
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,785
    Thanks
    9256

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    How long are the 23 million Trumpcare kicks off healthcare coverage going to have to wait for their hip replacement? Does forever sound about right?
    Tell them to get a job with insurance.

Similar Threads

  1. Debunking Canadian health care myths
    By tubig in forum Healthcare
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11th July 2012, 12:11 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5th October 2010, 02:08 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th February 2010, 03:42 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27th June 2009, 03:35 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd October 2008, 11:55 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed