Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 81
Thanks Tree21Thanks

Thread: Wal-Marts & Amazon Watched the American Middle Class Die

  1. #61
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,273
    Thanks
    1163

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    What is your proposal? Limit how much success one individual can have? Would you have stopped Sam Walton at only a handful of stores? Monaghan at just five states?
    Notice the difference in attitudes. You want to maintain the current favoritism to corporations. I want to ensure individual creativity is allowed through equality of opportunity. Of course my position will reduce the likelihood of market concentration. Of course your position will ensure low self employment rates continue
    Last edited by Ęthelfrith; 17th June 2017 at 09:00 AM.

  2. #62
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13,628
    Thanks
    3658

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    Notice the difference in attitudes. You want to maintain the current favoritism to corporations.
    Instead of answering his question, you condescendingly start telling him what he thinks and wants.

    I might to ensure individual creativity is allowed through equality of opportunity.
    Informative. Spoken like a politician. You gearing up for a run?

  3. #63
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,273
    Thanks
    1163

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Instead of answering his question, you condescendingly start telling him what he thinks and wants.



    Informative. Spoken like a politician. You gearing up for a run?
    You haven't said anything. Do you perhaps dispute the empirical evidence into how inequalities have harmed economic growth? That rabid left wing IMF outfit might have gone off on one again...

  4. #64
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13,628
    Thanks
    3658

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    You haven't said anything.
    That's what I just said, except with sarcasm.

    Do you perhaps dispute the empirical evidence into how inequalities have harmed economic growth? That rabid left wing IMF outfit might have gone off on one again...
    No, I would merely dispute the notion you answered Southern Dad's question.

  5. #65
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,273
    Thanks
    1163

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    That's what I just said, except with sarcasm.



    No, I would merely dispute the notion you answered Southern Dad's question.
    I've already told him what is required: significant reductions in social inequalities and a radical shift in the financial sector. If you need to hold his hand, could you do it in secret? Its unnerving

  6. #66
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13,628
    Thanks
    3658

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    I've already told him what is required: significant reductions in social inequalities and a radical shift in the financial sector. If you need to hold his hand, could you do it in secret? Its unnerving
    So specifics aren't your specialty. I guess that's the takeaway message.

  7. #67
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    30,223
    Thanks
    6406

    From
    Walking the Fine Line
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    Notice the difference in attitudes. You want to maintain the current favoritism to corporations. I want to ensure individual creativity is allowed through equality of opportunity. Of course my position will reduce the likelihood of market concentration. Of course your position will ensure low self employment rates continue
    Spell it out. Don't just give talking points. HOW do you want to change the system to ensure creative is allowed through equality of opportunity? Do you want to limit how much a person or corporation can make? Do you want seize their wealth if the make too much? Just exactly how do you purpose this equality? Don't run from it spell it out. Who gets fucked to make it equal?

  8. #68
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13,628
    Thanks
    3658

    From
    AK

    Wal-Marts & Amazon Watched the American Middle Class Die

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Spell it out. Don't just give talking points. HOW do you want to change the system to ensure creative is allowed through equality of opportunity? Do you want to limit how much a person or corporation can make? Do you want seize their wealth if the make too much? Just exactly how do you purpose this equality? Don't run from it spell it out. Who gets fucked to make it equal?
    I think for him I assume it just boils back down to the standard Democratic Party/Big Labor mantra: hike federal minimum wage, give labor unions more privileges, raise income taxes.

  9. #69
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    30,223
    Thanks
    6406

    From
    Walking the Fine Line
    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    I think for him I assume it just boils back down to the standard Democratic Party/Big Labor mantra: hike federal minimum wage, give labor unions more privileges, raise income taxes.
    Right, then those entrepreneurs just find somewhere else to invest their money, create their jobs, etc.

  10. #70
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    13,628
    Thanks
    3658

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Right, then those entrepreneurs just find somewhere else to invest their money, create their jobs, etc.
    Protectionism, then, I assume.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. American Middle Class In Severe Jeopardy
    By Madeline in forum Economics
    Replies: 465
    Last Post: 8th July 2016, 01:36 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 13th September 2014, 11:47 AM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 14th May 2014, 06:06 PM
  4. Kodak declares Class-warfare on the Middle-class!!!
    By Oscar99 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12th October 2012, 07:09 AM
  5. Class warfare? Yeah, and the middle class is losing...
    By Cicero in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 27th September 2011, 07:56 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed