Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49
Thanks Tree20Thanks

Thread: Democrat vs Republican: The Knowledge Struggle

  1. #1
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,754
    Thanks
    1366

    Democrat vs Republican: The Knowledge Struggle

    Evidence suggests that Republicans are more knowledgeable on economic issues than Democrats. However, evidence also suggests that Democratic politics is more likely to acquire higher economic growth than Republican politics.

    Your explanation?

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    44,352
    Thanks
    12754

    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    Evidence suggests that Republicans are more knowledgeable on economic issues than Democrats. However, evidence also suggests that Democratic politics is more likely to acquire higher economic growth than Republican politics.

    Your explanation?
    Who told you they were more knowledgeable about economic issues? We are 20 trillion in debt and those assholes want to cut taxes when they are the lowest they have been in decades.
    Thanks from Friday13 and OHjulie

  3. #3
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,754
    Thanks
    1366

    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
    Who told you they were more knowledgeable about economic issues? We are 20 trillion in debt and those assholes want to cut taxes when they are the lowest they have been in decades.
    Goes back to the likes of Pew Research Center News IQ survey. The suggestion is that the knowledge difference reflects aspects such as age.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29,131
    Thanks
    7547

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    Evidence suggests that Republicans are more knowledgeable on economic issues than Democrats. However, evidence also suggests that Democratic politics is more likely to acquire higher economic growth than Republican politics.

    Your explanation?
    Not really if that were true, the Blue states economies are struggling, the GOvernor of NY is having to promise Corporations THEY WILL HAVE NO yes NO state taxes in order to keep them from Fleeing the State like rats on a sinking ship. also Blue states are fiscal Hell holes, while Red States are in excellent fiscal health.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    30,183
    Thanks
    25667

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    Goes back to the likes of Pew Research Center News IQ survey. The suggestion is that the knowledge difference reflects aspects such as age.
    You claim to be a liberal, so there is no way we can test your abilities. What do a bunch of liberals know about economic issues.

  6. #6
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,754
    Thanks
    1366

    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Not really if that were true, the Blue states economies are struggling, the GOvernor of NY is having to promise Corporations THEY WILL HAVE NO yes NO state taxes in order to keep them from Fleeing the State like rats on a sinking ship. also Blue states are fiscal Hell holes, while Red States are in excellent fiscal health.
    It is true. Don't like it? Ask a div to give you a hug. I'm more interested in the difference in knowledge levels and economic reality

  7. #7
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,754
    Thanks
    1366

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    You claim to be a liberal, so there is no way we can test your abilities. What do a bunch of liberals know about economic issues.
    I have never claimed that I'm a liberal. Indeed, liberalism is quite abhorrent to me. I'm a socialist and find their pettiness difficult to stomach

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Pragmatist's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    44,352
    Thanks
    12754

    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Not really if that were true, the Blue states economies are struggling, the GOvernor of NY is having to promise Corporations THEY WILL HAVE NO yes NO state taxes in order to keep them from Fleeing the State like rats on a sinking ship. also Blue states are fiscal Hell holes, while Red States are in excellent fiscal health.
    9 of the 10 poorest states with the worst education rates and highest incidence of welfare per capita are all fucking red. I don't give a shit if your books seem to say you are doing better but it's obvious why, they are shitholes. I think in Kentucky the majority of counties have over 50% of the population on welfare. Trump won big there
    Thanks from Friday13

  9. #9
    Scucca Ęthelfrith's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,754
    Thanks
    1366

    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
    9 of the 10 poorest states with the worst education rates and highest incidence of welfare per capita are all fucking red. I don't give a shit if your books seem to say you are doing better but it's obvious why, they are shitholes. I think in Kentucky the majority of counties have over 50% of the population on welfare. Trump won big there
    Post-war data up to 2013 has average growth rates under Democratic and Republican presidents as 4.35% and 2.54% respectively.
    Thanks from chaos, Hollywood and Friday13

  10. #10
    Veteran Member bonehead's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    13,925
    Thanks
    5175

    From
    south
    Quote Originally Posted by Ęthelfrith View Post
    Evidence suggests that Republicans are more knowledgeable on economic issues than Democrats. However, evidence also suggests that Democratic politics is more likely to acquire higher economic growth than Republican politics.

    Your explanation?
    it's more an issue of priority than ignorance. conservatives are interested in "balancing the books" and liberals are more interested helping the citizens regardless of cost. in all things there must be a proper balance. Americans have not yet found that balance - but we're working on it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15th November 2016, 11:02 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 14th February 2015, 04:10 AM
  3. Republican becomes a Democrat
    By Cotton2226 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 6th January 2015, 11:40 AM
  4. First Republican / First Democrat
    By justoneman in forum World History
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 13th May 2008, 02:35 PM
  5. Republican vs. Democrat
    By Faithful One in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd February 2007, 08:06 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed