Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Thanks Tree7Thanks

Thread: The unlikely reason Americans are shopping at Target again

  1. #11
    Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,496
    Thanks
    989

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    How are they luring shoppers back? Discounting. Target, a store that has historically avoided deep discounting started lowering prices three months ago. It's working. Target will also be opening some small footprint stores like Walmart's Neighborhood Markets. They are also venturing into same day delivery with a test in New York. Will these steps save the troubled chain?
    We will see. Personally, I like Target. I do see it as a harbinger of future emulation that will ultimately impact Amazon's rather lofty valuation!

  2. #12
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    32,108
    Thanks
    6735

    From
    A Month Away
    Quote Originally Posted by publius3 View Post
    We will see. Personally, I like Target. I do see it as a harbinger of future emulation that will ultimately impact Amazon's rather lofty valuation!
    I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon buys Target in the next few years. Amazon needs brick and mortar locations to drive its same day delivery operations.

  3. #13
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,188
    Thanks
    10823

    From
    By the wall
    I worked at Target for like a month and they are super heavily focused on the customers.

    Orientation was basically all about that.

    They have something called the ten foot rule.....a customer comes within 10 feet of you then you have to smile and say, "hello, can I help you".

    However, their prices are way jacked which is the important thing.

  4. #14
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    41,897
    Thanks
    32437

    From
    CA
    LOVE my local target - it has a full grocery store in it as well. 5 minutes from my house. They also just opened a smaller one at USC - which was much needed - along with a Trader Joe's. My son loves having it have so close by. The next closest grocery store was over 3 miles from his apartment and always packed.

  5. #15
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,188
    Thanks
    10823

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    LOVE my local target - it has a full grocery store in it as well. 5 minutes from my house. They also just opened a smaller one at USC - which was much needed - along with a Trader Joe's. My son loves having it have so close by. The next closest grocery store was over 3 miles from his apartment and always packed.
    I thought those were still in the planning stages.

    Guess Target isn't messing around.

  6. #16
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    41,897
    Thanks
    32437

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    I thought those were still in the planning stages.

    Guess Target isn't messing around.
    They have opened up about 5 of them I think so far on different college campuses. The one at USC is right under the new student housing for 2,700 students. They will kill it in that location.

  7. #17
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,188
    Thanks
    10823

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    They have opened up about 5 of them I think so far on different college campuses. The one at USC is right under the new student housing for 2,700 students. They will kill it in that location.
    There is one literally right next to my college.

    No doubt it will be popular if they put in a market.

    The kids need their top ramen.

    I used to walk there to get a hot dog when I was between classes from their little deli thing.

  8. #18
    The Covfefe are Coming! BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    7,156
    Thanks
    4684

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    How are they luring shoppers back? Discounting. Target, a store that has historically avoided deep discounting started lowering prices three months ago. It's working. Target will also be opening some small footprint stores like Walmart's Neighborhood Markets. They are also venturing into same day delivery with a test in New York. Will these steps save the troubled chain?
    The 'troubled chain' is opening a new store on my side of town in November.

    I'm glad.

  9. #19
    The Covfefe are Coming! BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    7,156
    Thanks
    4684

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    There is one literally right next to my college.
    Is that the college of burps and farts?

    Belching, Bloating, and Flatulence | ACG Patients

  10. #20
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    26,140
    Thanks
    21606

    From
    Colorado
    Shrug. I shop at both Target and Walmart. Probably get 75% of my groceries at Walmart, and 20% at Target, with occasional purchases from Safeway and Trader Joe's. I DON'T shop at King Sooper's or Whole Foods.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. So, Will You Be Shopping on Thanksgiving Day?
    By Babba in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 30th November 2013, 05:28 PM
  2. More 'shopping while black' cases in NY
    By Sassy in forum Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11th November 2013, 02:22 AM
  3. I'm religion shopping
    By Sparta in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: 7th February 2011, 08:31 AM
  4. Are you shopping for a religion?
    By Zaragrunudgeyon in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 404
    Last Post: 16th May 2007, 08:13 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed